Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help is needed!
Help is needed!
2004-08-15, 8:27 AM #1
Once again, I return to massassi in a dire time of need...

So I just installed Max Payne again and now I'm having problems with the sound effects in game. So far, google has only turned up (many) useless forum posts about people with the same problem, but I have yet to find a solution.

Again, all the other sounds in the game (music and cutscene sounds) are fine, it's just the in game sounds (gunshots and such) that are really QUIET.

Help, please.

------------------
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-08-15, 8:31 AM #2
Well you can always try the usual....

Reinstall, New drivers, update DirectX...

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2

"Why are they called headphones... why not... Headspeakers?" - finity5
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2004-08-15, 8:33 AM #3
Try turning off any A3D, EAX, or other special sound options. My card is supposedly EAX compatable, but it makes a screechy noise when I have it turned on. And of course, make sure sound effects are turned up in the sound options [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Devious Server

↑ Up to the top!