Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Alien Vs Predator stupidity scenes....
Alien Vs Predator stupidity scenes....
2004-08-11, 10:07 AM #1
Ok, on IGN they just posted several clips from the movie. If you haven't seen them, go check them out before continuing....

Face Off Clip- This scene itself made me retarded. There are so many problems with it, it makes my mind melt and ooze out of my noseholes and ears. Since when does the Aliens have Strechy and retractable Tails? That predator had to be atleast 50 feet away from where the alien was hiding... I saw the Predator floating away, and I was like.. BAH!? where's he going? and where's the alien... then after about 2 mins, he finally gets to the alien... And how strong does a boney alien Tail have to be to lift up a 300 lb predator?

------------------
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-11, 10:27 AM #2
Actually, the design of the aliens in each Alien movie vary, it just wasn't terribly noticable in the earlier films. I haven't seen the trailer myself... to me, this movie is simply a "for the fans" movie as oppose to any sort of "legitimate" line in either Alien or Predator series.

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: Scions of Light
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2004-08-11, 10:45 AM #3
NO,

Alien - the first Alien design was more of a thing of "creptic beauty" It was ment to look beautiful and scary at the same time... (note its graceful movement when it's approaching Lambert, to kill her).

Aliens - In Aliens, Giger Redid the design slightly, to make it more rigid and made it have more contrast (note the nearly white risen areas) and also, added the good 'ol bumpy head. This isbecause they are HIVE aliens, and don't need the protective dome that the Alien in 1 had.

Alien 3 - Giger again, redesigned the Alien. Even though this was a rogue alien, like in the first one, the same design couldn't be used because a dog was the host. However, it still had the smooth head.

Alien Retardation err.. Resurrection - Giger was totaly taken out of the design process, and wasn't even given credit for "Original Alien Design" of course he sued. Ok, now these aliens were redesigned because the alien was now combined with human DNA (Riply's). So their skin seemed smoother, and you couldn't make hardly any differenciation between the new alien body, and Pumpkinhead's body. It's legs are horrible, because they walk like pumpkinhead to, on their toes. Ok.. the Alien was given fans on it's tails... just because, and it's hands look like the Cab driver's hands from total recall (which was done much better) The Aliens now have "Fins" on their forearms... (WHY?) They have Vampire Teeth, also, instead of having the law look like streched skin (like it did in the first couple) it looked like chared flesh (It seems Biomechanics can't really be done right by anyone except for Giger). And lastly, even though there WAS a hive, they all had smooth heads.

Alien Vs Predator - Takes place BEFORE Alien Ressurection, so u'd think that there'd be NO reason to have the Aliens look the sameas they did in Resurrection.. right? WRONG! just shows how stupid Hollywood is now days..... THEY USED THE EXACT ALIEN DESIGN AS THEY USED IN RESURRECTION! WHY!?!?! Oh, and they made a new design for one.. the "Grid" alien.... which is the exact same thing as the regular alien, but he survives an attack from a Predator Net, and has a Grid on his SMOOTH head. This is just horribly retarded, and they should have went with the design from "ALIENS" cause there is obviously a Hive, and their DNA is not mixed with human DNA yet, so there should be no reason NOT to use the ALIENS design...

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-11, 10:54 AM #4
thats pretty fu*ked up right there.now i dont even wanna see it really.

------------------

~~Because Eric does Rock Your World~~
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-11, 11:36 AM #5
Am I the only one who liked Resurrection? I thought it was a great little flick and was pleased that you got a decent view of the aliens rather than them being hidden in darkness the whole time.

As for AvP, it looks a little corny, but it's not the kind of movie I would expect to be realistic or a contribution to serious films. I expect to see lots of things die and multiple things blow up. If it does that, I'll be happy enough. Isn't that what you want from a mindless action movie anyway?

------------------
Run: forgetting passwords on a regular basis.

[This message has been edited by Fade (edited August 11, 2004).]
Run: forgetting passwords on a regular basis.
2004-08-11, 11:39 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fade:
Am I the only one who liked Resurrection? I thought it was a great little flick and was pleased that you got a decent view of the aliens rather than them being hidden in darkness the whole time.

As for AvP, it looks a little corny, but it's not the kind of movie I would expect to be realistic or a contribution to serious films. I expect to see lots of things die and multiple things blow up. If it does that, I'll be happy enough. Isn't that what you want from a mindless action movie anyway?

</font>

I liked it too. And I appear to share your opinions on the matter.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2004-08-11, 12:02 PM #7
Can you say "stuck-up"? It's a movie man. It's not a piece of art, and it wasn't meant to be. It was made for enjoyment. Sit back and watch the damn thing. God I HATE when people overanalyze movie.

Wanna overanalyze something? Watch Fight Club.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-11, 12:21 PM #8
I never noticed, nor cared. The first two movies were great, third was alright, and fourth was crap. Going to see AVP because I feel the need to and nothing better to do.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-08-11, 12:27 PM #9
I'm going into the movie expecting Aliens, Predators, and Humans killing eachother. If it has that I'm happy.

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-08-11, 12:40 PM #10
I don't trust any movie with "vs." in the title.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-11, 12:41 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fade:

</font>

Resurrection is my favorite Alien movie.

------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas Adams
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2004-08-11, 12:45 PM #12
Actually I think like Predator, Avs.P takes place before ANY Alien movie.

Anyways, yeah it does seem kinda corny but for mindless action (like the Matrix) I don't mind seeing it.

Maybe the Alien that runs the Pred through is a young Queen? They have longer tails don't they?

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-08-11, 1:14 PM #13
Yeah, it could be a queen? Because in aliens that the queen had a really huge tail, and lifted those grates and stuff.

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-08-11, 1:32 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedigreedo:

Maybe the Alien that runs the Pred through is a young Queen? They have longer tails don't they?

</font>

in the games, those type of aliens were called 'praetorians". I haven't played AVP recently, but I remember they looked a lot like xenomorphs, but were nearly twice as hard to kill.

And as for the aliens looking different in each movie-- well, it may be a subspecies of alien. Saying that all aliens have to look the same is like saying that all birds or dogs have to look the same, regardless of breed.

however, it looks like the predators kick a** in the movie, though. I can't wait to see their new equipment.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited August 11, 2004).]
2004-08-11, 1:55 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Overlord:
I'm going into the movie expecting Aliens, Predators, and Humans killing eachother. If it has that I'm happy.

</font>

Ditto

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-11, 2:07 PM #16
Personally, my views on the Legacy series (1-4, VHS boxed set as i don't have Quadrilogy) were:

Alien: The movie was pretty well done for its release date (1979), and was much more stylistic than the other films. Alien design (don't know the name for this one) was pretty good, given the fact that it was a man with disproportioned libs in a rubber suit. This movie is also the only Alen film i've seen that was later spoofed (the diner scene from Spaceballs comes to mind)

Aliens: If you want action, this is where to go. I enjoyed this the most of the original 3 movies, as there seemed to be more of a story, and much more character development than the original. Alien design (Xenomorph) was deffinately one of the best. Each alien generation also seems to be different, and so this one differs from the original Alien. As for reasons for being different, my guess would have to be evolution, as Aliens still need a host in order to gestate (queens only lay eggs containing facehuggers after all).

Alien 3 Deffinately the worst film in the series. Poorly-constructed plot (compared to the predecessors), overuse of explicit language (the only movie i've ever seen where this worked was "Snatch"), and acting that fell just below the bar. Alien design was essentially a fusion of the original with a canine spraypainted red (difference here is probably in the host, rather than evolution. The first generation of any alien type seems to have the smooth head).

Alien: Resurection In all honesty, it was enjoyable, and was probably the funniest film in the series to date ("Identification please...."). Characters were very different from the originals (some things were good, whilst others... not so good). Alien design wasn't the absolute worst, but not the best either. It was just essentially a Xenomorph with the head of an Alien (from Alien) stitched on. I remeber hearing Giger saying that the new design looked like a turd (the fact that it had a brown tint didn't help). The only real triumph of this design, is that it was able to move much more fluidly (thanks to the CGI) that any of the others (with the possible exception of the one from Alien 3).

As for AVP, don't really know. It looks good as an action film, and I'll probably go and see it anyway (my family will drag me along). I'll pass judgement on it when i've seen it.

------------------
"Iraqniphobia - The fear of non-existant weapons of mass-destruction."

[This message has been edited by Forsakahn (edited August 11, 2004).]
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2004-08-11, 2:10 PM #17
Alien was awesome. Aliens somehow managed to be even better. Alien 3 sucked *** and it completely destroyed everything that was established in Aliens, within the first 10 minutes of the movie. Alien: Resurrection was alright, but compared to Alien 3 it kicked *** .

My opinion, anyway.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-08-11, 2:10 PM #18
Arg! double-post!
------------------
"Iraqniphobia - The fear of non-existant weapons of mass-destruction."

[This message has been edited by Forsakahn (edited August 11, 2004).]
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2004-08-11, 2:12 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spiral:
Aliens - In Aliens, Giger Redid the design slightly, to make it more rigid and made it have more contrast (note the nearly white risen areas) and also, added the good 'ol bumpy head. This isbecause they are HIVE aliens, and don't need the protective dome that the Alien in 1 had.</font>

Actually Cameron himself redesigned the Alien for the second movie, and Giger got all pissed off. The reason Cameron took the dome off was because he thought it looked more interesting. The design was also simplified a bit to make the Alien costumes more manoeuverable.

I think the change in each Alien's design owes just as much to the change in each director's style as it does for logical reasons. For instance, in the third film Fincher worked a lot with brown shades. The Alien in the film was a much browner colour.

Also, each Alien design had a different number of fingers. No logical reason, just director's preferance.

------------------
Anthony Piggott - Creator of all things "oaM"
(Except "LoaM")
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2004-08-11, 3:25 PM #20
I liked Ressurection. It wasn't really scary like the first two, but it stood on its own as a decent science-fiction movie. I also thought it was funny how at the end the Earth is destroyed by the spaceship.

AND I believe it was written by Joss Whedon, who later went on to make Firefly. The mercenary crew is kind of an early blueprint of Serenity's crew.

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-11, 6:27 PM #21
Young xenomorphs have domed heads. After I think a week or so, the dome develops the ribbed look. Much like the development of an infant brain.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.dreamtheater.net/disco_dreamtheater.php?s=sfam" TARGET=_blank> "Our deeds have traveled far,
What we have been is what we are."</A>
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-08-11, 6:28 PM #22
Joss wrote it originally, but apparently it was so severely mutilated by the director that he has disavowed all connection to it.

I thought it was stupid that they sent a large spaceship into the Earth at the end of Resurrection. The characters didn't realise it would probably wipe out all life, so I think we can blame that on Mr. "logic is unimportant" Director.
2004-08-11, 6:56 PM #23
As with any "versus" movie, AvP will probably be a pretty straight-forward flick, with a bunch of Aliens and Predators kicking the **** out of each other and the pansy-*** humans stuck in the middle. And as long as that occurs, and the movie doesn't last much more than two hours, I'll be pretty content.

------------------
Some of you should learn to think a bit and discover - *gasp* - that someone can dislike Michael Moore, Kerry, and Bush!
-Wolfy
2004-08-11, 7:00 PM #24
Quote:
noseholes</font>

ROFL!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Massassi's cuttin' into my free time, man.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Worship Examples - Christians' love for God should be seen and heard, not merely talked about. It is through actions that one is determined to be Christian, not through words. Words (and thoughts, as well) deceive even one's own self, but the heart speaks truth.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-11, 11:54 PM #25
are u sure, I know for a fact that I saw concept art for Aliens by Giger. Also... Xenomorph isn't a name... it's a description.... I don't want to get into this whole argument again, but Xenomorph simply means "Strange Form".. and the only reason it was used in any of the movies is because Gormon was the new LT. in Aliens, and he wanted to sound cool, so it was his dressed up way of saying "we don't know what it is" I know that the AvP games called them Xenomorphs, but no movie referrs to them as that.. not even the god aweful Ressurection. and I'm sure (again agenst the games) that you'd be able to tell if it's a young queen or not.. in Alien 3, on the queen Chestburster (at the end) you can see it's crown.... meaning it has developed that look before it comes out... not later.

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-12, 12:55 AM #26
Quote:
are u sure, I know for a fact that I saw concept art for Aliens by Giger. Also... Xenomorph isn't a name... it's a description.... I don't want to get into this whole argument again, but Xenomorph simply means "Strange Form".. and the only reason it was used in any of the movies is because Gormon was the new LT. in Aliens, and he wanted to sound cool, so it was his dressed up way of saying "we don't know what it is" I know that the AvP games called them Xenomorphs, but no movie referrs to them as that.. not even the god aweful Ressurection. and I'm sure (again agenst the games) that you'd be able to tell if it's a young queen or not.. in Alien 3, on the queen Chestburster (at the end) you can see it's crown.... meaning it has developed that look before it comes out... not later.</font>

Maybe Giger did some art and it was rejected or something. Either way, I know he was very bitter about not having any involvement. Cameron is a bit of a control freak, and likes to do most of the concept design in his movies.

I think "Xenomorph" is just a general term to desribe an alien lifeform. But it's a term that's got a bit out of hand, it wouldn't surprise me if it was used in the AvP movie.

------------------
(Except "LoaM")
2004-08-12, 1:13 AM #27
Yea, its justa movie. if i go though, ill probably go to see the predetors.

------------------

~~Because Eric does Rock Your World~~
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-12, 7:48 AM #28
Flirbnic and i have decided that we'll be very disappointed if the humans win.. i'm all for Aliens, or Predators, theyre both so immensely telolicious, and gorgeous. Humans are just kinda.. meh.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"That's why we had to beat you with tennis rackets".
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-08-12, 11:02 AM #29
I guess you're right, I just found this on a Giger Site http://www.hrgiger.com/james_cameron.htm

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-12, 11:17 AM #30
well, I know that Giger came back for 3... here's some of his concept art

http://www.giger.com/Home.jsp?middleURL=/Alien/index.jsp#

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-12, 1:53 PM #31
That's right. But apparently he refused to leave Switzerland for the job. With the third film's troubled production, there were some communication problems. He also had some ideas that were rejected (like an Alien with big lips). So even with some participation, he was quite bitter about the third film too.

------------------
(Except "LoaM")
2004-08-12, 2:19 PM #32
Giger sounds like a stuck up jerk.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-12, 2:42 PM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Giger sounds like a stuck up jerk.</font>

I've heard the opposite. I'm sure I'd be bitter if someone took my creation and then suddenly changed it into something stupid.

------------------
Roach - Gyring and gimbling in the wabe...
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-12, 11:49 PM #34
Yeah, master, you always have the worst things to say

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-12, 11:52 PM #35
BTW, this movie sucked horribly.... I was laughing during the majority.. not to mention the CG Queen Ran like T Rex from Jurassic Park

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-13, 12:39 AM #36
Well, that's me going to see the Bourne Supremacy twice on my next day off then... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Cheers Spi [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-13, 12:42 AM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Echoman:
I don't trust any movie with "vs." in the title.</font>

Bruce Campbell vs. the Army of Darkness.

Heathen.
2004-08-13, 12:52 AM #38
I should be seeing AVP in 12 to 14 hours from now, and I expect to enjoy myself.

------------------
A little less conversation, a little more action
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-08-13, 7:00 AM #39
[http://blargh.mine.nu/test/63/61092379714.jpg]

Couldn't really think of a more appropriate place for this—done on commission for tofu.

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-13, 9:26 AM #40
I <3 THRONNUMBARZ!!!!11

------------------
Moo.
Moo.

↑ Up to the top!