Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A little whine about resits
A little whine about resits
2004-08-15, 9:21 AM #1
Got an exam tomorrow morning, that I've done nothing for, thanks to leaving my notes and textbook at my ex's house, which were then put in storage. I left it to the last minute because even if I got 100% on the resit, I'd only get the lowest passing grade because I failed it the first time, and so even if I passed it, it wouldn't be a high enough grade to actually contribute to my degree.
*deep breath*
So yeah, I've pretty much accepted that I'm going to fail it, there's nothing I can do, stressing about it won't change things, blah blah blah...but I'm still fretting. What exactly am I meant to do with the hour and a half I'll be there, when I know nothing?

I've also got an exam on Tuesday (my birthday, just to make it extra fun!) though I've worked harder for that exam than any in my life, so I'm feeling pretty good about that one.

Anyway, done ranting now.

------------------
/end boob rant
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2004-08-15, 9:26 AM #2
How much of it is multiple choice and true or false? You could bull**** your way through.

------------------
A little less conversation, a little more action
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-08-15, 9:48 AM #3
good luck maevly

------------------
What happens when you cast heal on the undead?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-08-15, 9:55 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Genki:
good luck maevly

</font>

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-08-15, 9:57 AM #5
Ouch. Good luck, maeve.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-15, 9:59 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
How much of it is multiple choice and true or false? You could bull**** your way through.

</font>

none. I could bull**** my way through if I was a mathematical genius, but unfortunately I haven't been top of my class in maths since college. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
/end boob rant

2004-08-15, 10:01 AM #7
None?!... Eh, take a nap.

------------------
A little less conversation, a little more action
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-08-15, 7:14 PM #8
Er.....Happy Birthday!? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

I would at least flip through the test, you might no more than you think.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-08-15, 8:12 PM #9
well this is annoying. my mum is on holiday and I'm a notoriously heavy sleeper, so I set all the alarms I could find, set up scheduled tasks on my comp, etc... and what woke me up? my cat running down the hall. so now I have aaaaaaaaages before I have to leave (which I actually really like) but all these songs keep randomly starting and it's beginning to freak me out!

Burrboy, thanks! believe me, I don't know more than I think, I don't know anything, though I feel a lot more positive about that this morning. After this exam, I'm going to stay at uni for the rest of the day and finish studying for the one tomorrow, so it should be ok. I've decided to spend my time in the exam today copying out the formulas they give us and randomly messing around with them, maybe I'll fool the markers into thinking I know stuff.

------------------
/end boob rant

2004-08-15, 11:20 PM #10
well that was fun!

10:00 start exam
10:05 finish reading paper, accept that I can't do anything, leave exam

luckily my invigilator was a PhD student that I know, and he was very nice about me effectively wasting his time. He also said that he failed the module that I have also now failed, and it really doesn't matter. So, all good.

Now off to study for my exam tomorrow.

------------------
/end boob rant

[This message has been edited by mavispoo (edited August 16, 2004).]

2004-08-16, 5:37 AM #11
Ha! It must be fun being able to walk out on a test. Well, Good luck on your second exam.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!

[This message has been edited by BurrBoy (edited August 16, 2004).]
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-08-16, 6:04 AM #12
Just ask "what would Jared do?"

go get a 6 inch turkey on Rye and not study.

------------------

~~Because Eric does Rock Your World~~
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-16, 6:28 AM #13
Happy birthday for Tuesday [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

↑ Up to the top!