Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Unreal Tournament help needed
Unreal Tournament help needed
2004-08-15, 11:21 PM #1
And I refuse to join onto another forum... Just gets to hecktic...

Anyway, I've been downloading levels and stuff, not from various sites, but from joining different servers. I look for servers, find a level I don't have, join, and start downloading. Then, after playing, I go to the Cache folder and pick them out. Now, I have a bunch of U files, and I think they are mods, but I can't activate them... How do I get to them. Note, I have no INI or INT files that follow them.

/Edward

------------------
Axis - JK warped my mind and JED split it.

Milly Thompson - Um, actually... ...it's muffin!

Edward - Home is where you hang your computer...

[This message has been edited by Edward (edited August 16, 2004).]
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-08-16, 1:14 AM #2
First up, what version of UT are you running (1999, 2003 or 2004?) and what are the extensions of the files?

I need to know this so I can tell you where to put them, although I can give you a quick rundown for UT 2003/2004, but if it's 1999 let me know and I'll help you there too (MSN: grahamrutland34@hotmail.com)

Ok...

.u
.upl
.ucl

All of these need to go under your System directory under your UT2003/4 directory.

.ukx - This file needs to go under Animations

.ut2 - These are your maps and go under... Maps!

Any extension with 'mod' in it is an Unreal Module - these can just be run and will install themselves, although there have been some bugs in the File Extensions - if you've got mod files and they're not working I'll post the fix for you.

.utx - Textures folder for these ones

.uax - Pop these in the Sounds folder

.umx .ogg or anything else that is blatantly music - Music folder!

.usx - StaticMeshes folder

I'm fairly certain that's everything - just put those file types into those folders. If you've got UT1999 or for some reason that hasn't worked, let me know. If you're pulling maps up from the cache, remember to look for all these other filetypes so you don't end up only partially 'installing' a level.

Hope that helped something.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-16, 1:52 AM #3
... unless he's referring to the actual .u files, rather than .u* files.

You know, you could leave 'em in there. Why fix something if it ain't broke?

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-16, 6:37 AM #4
It's the first UT... Game of the Year Edition. 1999. And I know the extensions. UMX=Music, UNR=Maps, UTX=Textures, UAX=Sounds, and U are Mods that go into System. Now, I've put the Us there, but I can't seem to select them or have them run...

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards

↑ Up to the top!