Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Max Payne: The Movie? Max Payne 3?
Max Payne: The Movie? Max Payne 3?
2004-08-11, 1:53 PM #1
So I was replaying the original Max Payne yesterday and the day before (finished it last night) and I happened to reread the manual at one point and happened across this:

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Max Payne Manual Page 2
Oh, and don't worry, you'll be seeing more of Max in the future. Dimension Films and Collision Entertainment are teaming up to make a feature film based on Max Payne, and further adventures of this character are already in the works.</font>

So first up, does anyone or has anyone seen anything with regard to this so-called movie? And when they say further adventures are they implying a Max Payne 3?

If anyone can shed any light on any of this, that'd be nice! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-11, 1:58 PM #2
Probaly referring to Max Payne 2 if it was n hte origial manual. They've been shopping the movie idea around for awhile now, but I haven't heard anything beyond that.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-11, 2:13 PM #3
*searches for the "OMG THIS IS THE MAX PAIN IVE EVER HAD!!" toilet humour pic*
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-08-11, 2:22 PM #4
The movie (and TV show) rights were actually bought, but nothing has been done so far.
Remedy has said they aren't doing Max Payne 3 (thank god) but another developer might do it (no!). I hope theyu just end it, Max Payne 2 was a perfect ending.

------------------
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-08-11, 2:29 PM #5
it's page 4... page 2 is the contents

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-08-11, 2:38 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
it's page 4... page 2 is the contents

</font>

It says Page 2 down the side.

------------------

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above

2004-08-11, 2:47 PM #7
jewel case or DVD case?

mine is in a DVD case and it says page 4

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-08-11, 4:39 PM #8
Watch the ending credits of MP2.

------------------
Your humble opinion is wrong.
2004-08-12, 12:49 PM #9
I don't got it so umm could you give us a hint? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] (Or tell me?)

------------------

2004-08-12, 2:52 PM #10
Speaking of Max Payne 2.....
Max Payne Kung Fu 1.0 is out.
2004-08-14, 10:58 AM #11
Rockstar is making MP3 but they are going to rape it and make it some crazy GTA game, because MP2 didnt make as much money as MP1 so they are changing the game format... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] Stupid.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-14, 12:49 PM #12
I sincerely hope that that isn't true.

------------------

2004-08-14, 1:35 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Rockstar is making MP3 but they are going to rape it and make it some crazy GTA game, because MP2 didnt make as much money as MP1 so they are changing the game format... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] Stupid.</font>

What? But..wh...

If I want GTA, I'll play GTA:SA. If I want to play Max Payne, I'm going to play a mother****ing noir film game.

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-14, 3:33 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Rockstar is making MP3 but they are going to rape it and make it some crazy GTA game, because MP2 didnt make as much money as MP1 so they are changing the game format... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] Stupid.

</font>

No, no they aren't...

Persoanlly I think it's a shame they're making another. Max Payne is such an awesome duology I'd hate to see them ruin it.

------------------
2004-08-14, 3:53 PM #15
Thank you Tofu. I think the same--they can make another game with another story that's much the same. Hell they're Rockstar, they've been making games with awesome storylines for forever.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-15, 7:49 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Thank you Tofu. I think the same--they can make another game with another story that's much the same. Hell they're Rockstar, they've been making games with awesome storylines for forever.

</font>

Yah, what him said. It's Rockstar, chances are it just can't suck.

I hope I won't be eating those words.

------------------

2004-08-15, 8:05 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Hell they're Rockstar, they've been making games with awesome storylines for forever.</font>

yeah the GTA games had SUCH original and awesome storylines...

yes I was being sarcastic...

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-15, 9:26 AM #18
Um, you guys do realize both Max Paynes were made by Remedy Entertainment right? Not Rockstar...

------------------
2004-08-15, 10:18 AM #19
Yeah, just realized that.

But to their credit, they DID make Red Dead Revolver. Great storyline, but a mediocre game, unfortunately. Ah well.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-15, 11:02 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">yeah the GTA games had SUCH original and awesome storylines...</font>

Um.... They did. GTA3 and GTA: Vice City were completely different storylines and both innovated their genre. GTA3 set new standards, and Vice City only improved on those standards. Considering that GTA is one of the most popular and best-selling game series, only validates my point even further.. I dunno how anyone can consider GTA3 and VC to not be original... They were original until all the knock offs started coming out (The Getaway, etc)... But still, there were none before them.
2004-08-15, 11:42 AM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Temperamental:
Um.... They did. GTA3 and GTA: Vice City were completely different storylines and both innovated their genre. GTA3 set new standards, and Vice City only improved on those standards. Considering that GTA is one of the most popular and best-selling game series, only validates my point even further.. I dunno how anyone can consider GTA3 and VC to not be original... They were original until all the knock offs started coming out (The Getaway, etc)... But still, there were none before them. </font>

The story lines for those weren't that great, they were popular because of the gameplay

------------------
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our souls
nope.
2004-08-15, 11:53 AM #22
I rather liked the GTA 3 and VC storylines. I mean making a game where you're a druglord and general gang member and have free roam to kill and destroy and maim as you please...pretty original.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-15, 2:43 PM #23
Well.. I kinda like the idea of it being a free roamer... If it's going to be... But I mean, does every game need to be a free roamer? I don't really think so. Spiderman games benefit from it, but why would max payne? Then again mafia is great.. And it's not gta3 esque.. So I think Max Payne could make a WONDERFUL free roamer.

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-16, 9:06 AM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
The story lines for those weren't that great, they were popular because of the gameplay
</font>

Doesnt matter if they weren't great, or popular because of their gameplay, the point is, they were still ORIGINAL.

↑ Up to the top!