Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead
2008-11-29, 6:40 AM #1
Oh sweet mercy its awesome....

Discuss.
2008-11-29, 8:13 AM #2
Versus mode is awesome.
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2008-11-29, 8:20 AM #3
Especially if you really time it right like we did. 1 Lone guy defending a subway entrance, and I pounced on him and the zombie horde ripped him to shreds.

His mates came out, 1 got tongued, 1 got huntered.

The other just got torn to shreds.
2008-11-29, 10:55 AM #4
I'm on steam playing it if anyone wants to join me, my steam name is drizzt2k2
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-11-29, 12:30 PM #5
Yeah, it's great; my friends and I beat the campaigns last night.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2008-11-29, 12:36 PM #6
Anyone else hate Witches?
2008-11-29, 12:37 PM #7
Not as much as I hate the people who unecessarily disturb them -_-. I've yet to take damage from a witch, but I've had to do my share of saving people from them.
2008-11-29, 1:19 PM #8
It is incredibly awesome.
2008-11-29, 6:15 PM #9
Zombies in most games scare me. Yet strangely, I have no problems with Feral Ghouls in Fallout 3, and they're the functional equivalent of zombies. Go figure. *goes back to corner with a shotgun*
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2008-11-29, 6:50 PM #10
Originally posted by saberopus:
Not as much as I hate the people who unecessarily disturb them -_-.

Thats me, I just cant leave them alone.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2008-11-29, 7:07 PM #11
I hate it when you can hear the tank grunting and then turn around a corner and he gets activated and all hell breaks loose.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2008-11-29, 10:37 PM #12
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
Thats me, I just cant leave them alone.

yeah they r pretty sexy that's true
2008-11-30, 4:36 PM #13
I love this game. So many moments have happened to me where I feel like I just watched an epic zombie movie. So great.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-11-30, 6:19 PM #14
Post 'em, kIRBs!

Had one the other day where a bunch of infected swarmed out a room, and behind them was a hunter, so i punched my way through the first couple, and pistol-whipped the hunter to death. It was sweet-o magneet-o.
2008-11-30, 7:46 PM #15
Originally posted by The_Reafis:
Anyone else hate Witches?

No. I usually run up to them and autoshotgun them in the face until they die. It's surprisingly effective. (Just back up while shooting and don't get TOO close before the first shot.) Though I wouldn't try this on the harder difficulties...

Also when playing as infected, witches are great to sit in front of.

As for my zombie movie moments... the best one was where my flashlight was off cause there was a witch nearby... a hunter jumps out of a pitch black corner in front of me and covers my whole field of vision. That made me jump (and was the most L4D has gotten out of me).

2008-11-30, 8:39 PM #16
Yeah, it's not so much scary, it's really just quite frantic.
2008-11-30, 10:08 PM #17
So one time in versus my team got ganged from 3 angles at once. A boomer pukes on my other 3 team mates, a tank about to spawn, a hunter jumps on a team mate, and a smoker grabs a guy. I'm the only one left in the subway train. I come out, blast the smoker, tagged the hunter, push the boomer down the escalator and shoot him, turned back around to finish off the hunter, run above the zombies on top of the train car to find the tank, he comes around the corner, I jump above him, unload shotgun shells into the back of his head, dive down turn around backing up firing, where the ammo is in front of that car, and I jump right into a witch sitting there. She turns around and massacres me as another boomer pukes on me and another guy, the tank kills the other two, and we lose. It was so amazing.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-12-01, 2:09 AM #18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrn4JMxsN_o&eurl=http://www.destructoid.com/weekend-destructainment-reloading-112837.phtml&feature=player_embedded

LOL
2008-12-01, 7:21 AM #19
I love it, the first weekend it came out three of my friends and I had a LAN game of it on Expert. I have to say every time the music cued(sp?) the horde, we all were cursing and scrambling to a small room with a door or into a corner. Not to mention when we saw a tank it was "RUN!!! WHOS GOT THE MOLOTOV???"
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-12-01, 7:54 AM #20

The ironic part is if they had just ran instead of standing there deciding to run, they would have all made it easy.

COOLMATTY MAKE THE VIDEOS RECTANGULAR PLZ

2008-12-01, 8:08 AM #21
The last good game I played in vs. the best was in the apartments. We get all the way outside only to get ganked by the horde just in front of the the subway. Smoker pulls one guy towards the car and we set it off. Tank then spawns. We yell for everyone to make a run for the entrance and 2 others go down. I'm on pills at this point in the red, limping my way down the stairs as my dead or dying teammates cheer me on. I closed the door on a pursuing hunter's face. It was classic. Am I a traitor? I don't think so. The whole team knew they were doomed when too many got incapped. They said they would have done what I did.

maeve
2008-12-01, 8:27 AM #22
I've done that too Torn. However you only get a handful more points when one survivor makes it than if you all die.

2008-12-01, 9:06 AM #23
Still a handful more if you are shutting the other team out. When you play versus on Expert and no one finishes a map, then getting one survivor there is an accomplishment.

maeve
2008-12-01, 9:41 AM #24
Haha that made me remember this round we played at the mini-LAN. Four of us, all in relatively good health. We're headed for the hospital entrance, fewer than 10 zombies in the area. We're making our way just out of the building to cross the street and one of our guys gets knocked down by a well hidden zombie. I turn around and blast the zombie and as I do I hear my other friend say "Screw him there's no hope!" and he runs for the hospital. I'm helping the downed player up, laughing because there's no 'real' threat, and calling him a traitor for abandoning a team mate.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-12-01, 10:52 AM #25
Originally posted by The Mega-ZZTer:
No. I usually run up to them and autoshotgun them in the face until they die. It's surprisingly effective.

This. Witches are easy with the auto shotgun, especially if you have a propane or gas tank lying around. :XD:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-12-01, 11:36 AM #26
Propane tank and a couple of well-placed hunting rifle/shotgun shots and you're all set. Add a Molotov and it's a piece of cake.
2008-12-01, 12:39 PM #27
steam acct name: rbvodka

im up for a game anytime!
2008-12-01, 2:41 PM #28
I downloaded this game and I have to say, it is incredibly fun. It hasn't even inspired any of my zombiephobia, either.

My steam account is robg2008, if anyone wants to kill some zombies.
2008-12-01, 3:53 PM #29
My steam is drizzt2k2. I've tried adding a couple of you guys from the Massassi group to get a game going, but I don't really know how to use steam or message you guys (is it possible?) to get a game going. If someone sees me on steam, the only game I will be on it for is Left 4 Dead so get me into a game with you!

Also, someone invite me to massassi group. Who is brick tamland and schnoobles?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-12-01, 8:31 PM #30
Could someone smack steam or something so the servers stop sucking? It's damn near unplayable right now.
2008-12-01, 9:27 PM #31
lets play guys!

steam acct: rbvodka

imma msg some of you, but lets get a game going tonight if possible
2008-12-03, 12:34 AM #32
My friend bought me the game for my birthday... Too bad I can't install it w/o internet (only gonna get my i-nets in a month or so in my new flat). But, yeah. Heard lots of good things about it.
幻術
2008-12-03, 10:15 AM #33
My steam name is ChimeraObscura.
2008-12-03, 11:18 AM #34
There's some horrific graphical bugs for me using Crossover on the mac, mainly the game doesn't display any shaders or effects. It's very bizarre, the world is super bright.

Game's still playable though, and I've been having a blast playing it.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-12-03, 11:32 AM #35
Man, the dark is one of the best things about this game. One time we were in a building, and I strafed past a dark hallway with my flashlight out, and I could have sworn I saw a zombie. So I strafed back and WREOOOW THERE WERE LIKE 2 ZOMBIES MIDLEAP coming at me. D:
2008-12-03, 4:56 PM #36
just got it last night and spend a few hours going through the campaing online.

Think my steam name id thingy is Bladed_dingo or BladedDingo...or Bladed Dingo... not sure how that steam friends ID thingy works.
The Gas Station
2008-12-03, 7:20 PM #37
fish: probably because it uses DX9, not sure if wine has that fully implemented yet, or even if so if crossover has merged that code or has their own implentation...

All I know is DX8.1 on TF2 in Wine works like a charm. So L4D support can't be too far off.

2008-12-04, 1:39 AM #38
So who got a 4 pack I can buy a copy cheap from? >_>
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-12-04, 4:05 AM #39
This game fuggin rocks and I love it in so many ways, but... I really think it could use another 2 or 3 scenarios. Hopefully Valve will release some realitively soon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2008-12-04, 10:16 AM #40
I just want Versus in all campaigns. That will make me happy for awhile.

Oh, and an SDK.

↑ Up to the top!