Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wireless mouse for gaming
Wireless mouse for gaming
2008-12-05, 4:29 PM #1
Hey all. Since I now have a laptop that can actually play most games I figured I'd probably start doing a little PC gaming. I want to get a wireless mouse for this purpose. I'd prefer it be bluetooth because I hate dongles, the only way I'd buy a non-bluetooth mouse is if it has one of those receivers like the new ones from Logitech that just fit in the USB port and hardly stick out.

I'd also like at least one side button, preferably two. Anyone know of a good wireless mouse that meets these criteria and is possibly known for being good for gaming?

Thanks

e:One more thing. My new laptop is a Mac, so any suggestions must be Mac compatible. I really don't know if incompatible mice exist, just thought I'd throw that out there in case.
2008-12-05, 6:00 PM #2
Get a logitech mx1000 and never look back. Best performing mouse they make. Their newer models have a tendancy to jump around the screen. I've had the mx1000 for 3 years now with absolutely zero problems. Its an excellent piece of equipment.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2008-12-06, 10:47 AM #3
Looks like the MX1000 isn't sold anymore. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
2008-12-06, 11:37 AM #4
G7's pretty good, it's the wireless version of the G7. It's a bit pricey, but worth the money IMO.
D E A T H
2008-12-06, 12:48 PM #5
Oh, its costly, but there is still no mouse that I will recommend for anything over the MX Revolution. However, it does have a dongle, so another good option might be the VX Nano. Either way you'll have a nice mouse.
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2008-12-06, 12:56 PM #6
Quote:
Looks like the MX1000 isn't sold anymore. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

newegg and ebay still carry them?
-Martyn
2008-12-06, 2:22 PM #7
MX1100 instead
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-12-06, 3:07 PM #8
I <3 my MX1000. :)
woot!
2008-12-06, 3:17 PM #9
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
G7's pretty good, it's the wireless version of the G7. It's a bit pricey, but worth the money IMO.

I use this. It's great.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-12-06, 4:24 PM #10
I had a G7 for quite a while, it was a great mouse in windows but the thing with logitech is that their drivers for OS X suck balls.

There are other programs out there that do a much better job but none of them are free.

The mouse though is great and unless you want to do some crazy mapping with the buttons it'll be fine for OS X.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-12-06, 4:30 PM #11
I really don't get the big fuss about keyboards and mice. To me they're very "works or doesn't".

I use a wired microsoft keyboard and a wired "gaming" microsoft optical mouse. I do like wireless mice but the constant need for either batteries or recharging is too much of a hassle for me.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2008-12-08, 10:04 PM #12
Hmm, I'm currently leaning toward the VX nano. It seems to be a pretty good compromise, and the tiny dongle is nice. Losing a USB port will be annoying since I only have two, but I never really use more than one at a time anyway. Still keeping my eyes open though so keep suggesting if anyone else has an opinion.

Thanks guys.
2008-12-08, 10:08 PM #13
If you're not in a hurry, the Woot-off just started and they always have gaming mice of one sort or another.
一个大西瓜
2008-12-08, 10:13 PM #14
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.
2008-12-09, 5:25 AM #15
I have an MX1000, It's okay for most uses, not FPS in my opinion. There IS a very slight lag to reactions that can throw you off.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-12-09, 6:07 AM #16
I have the VX Nano, and I can say it's not really too good for gaming. There's no buttons for the thumb, and the mouse itself is pretty tiny and takes some getting used to, especially if you're used to the desktop MX series mice. The back-forward buttons are where the +/- zoom buttons are usually located on MX mice, and you'll have to use your index finger for those buttons which makes it inconvenient if you're playing twitch games (FPS's, some RTS's). They're also coated with a sort of rubbery plastic that easily comes off after a month or so of heavy use. However, it's portable as hell, and I pretty much bought it for the kick-*** dongle and because I'm a computer hardware snob. If you're not going to be moving around a lot, I'd suggest a bigger mouse (the MX revolution).
2008-12-09, 11:50 AM #17
Quote:
I have an MX1000, It's okay for most uses, not FPS in my opinion. There IS a very slight lag to reactions that can throw you off.

I have zero lag issues and I use it for fps all the time. I'd suggest either adjusting the deadzone in the logitech drivers or using the ps2 port rather then usb.
-Martyn

↑ Up to the top!