Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I, Robot
I, Robot
2004-08-16, 5:43 AM #41
In addition to my previous post, I would like to point out that the story line in Catwoman has nothing to do with the character we all know from the DCU, its a severe mishandling of the property, even aknowlegded as such by higher-ups at DC comics.

------------------
"I like my women how I like my coffee, in a plastic cup." - Eddie Izzard
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2004-08-16, 7:11 AM #42
From the stuff I've seen about it, looks like they really took alot from Huntress in the Birds of Prey live action series. One reason why that series got canned is people HATED the way they presented her. She had that cat growl and the eye change, and also a few character developments were carried over to the movie.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-08-16, 10:38 AM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Cat Woman isn't black. That alone made me go "not seeing it". If you're going to try to be close to the comic book, try being close to the comic book. I mean you can't make Superman black. You can't make the Green Lantern white. It doesn't work.

</font>

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm not a huge catwoman fan, but wasn't the entire reason catwoman became catwoman different in the movie than from the comics? So if they're changing it from "So and so about batman" to "ancient egyption curse..." I think that they can cast an actor of a different ethnicity.

------------------
[16:38] Correction: dick tracy was a real man
[16:38] happydud: Actually... He wasn't. :D
[19:08] Dormouse: hi, my name's happydud and i'm passive-aggress.. SHUTUP!! *stabs nearby orphan*
[You have gained 3 Dark Side Points]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-08-16, 6:31 PM #44
Yeah, exactly. I mean, truth be told, I can see your point to a degree; a black Superman wouldn't be the Superman we know, despite the fact that he might be an excellent Superman in his own right. But in this case, I really don't think it matters...

------------------
"In the depths of my darkest winter, I found there existed in me an invincible summer..."

-Albert Camus
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998

↑ Up to the top!