Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → OMG Chicago is corrupt (also Rachel Maddow is awesome)
OMG Chicago is corrupt (also Rachel Maddow is awesome)
2008-12-10, 9:08 PM #1

Pretty big news. I'm interested to see what'll happen to the senate seat.
2008-12-10, 9:42 PM #2
**** Blagojevich. This is exactly why I voted for his opponent in '06. He's a corrupt crook and everyone's known it forever, and I was really happy when my friend back in Chicago told me he'd been arrested.

Also we're sorry, Rachel Maddow is no longer available.

Edit: Never mind, it's probably just because YouTube is down. :downs:
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-12-10, 10:45 PM #3
I read about this yesterday - it's sadly typical of a particular subset of politicians everywhere.
2008-12-11, 8:36 PM #4
well he is horribly corrupt but he has AMAZING[/i] hair!:ninja:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2008-12-11, 8:47 PM #5
Originally posted by Martyn:
I read about this yesterday - it's sadly typical of a particular subset of politicians everywhere.

While that may be true, you have to admit that there is something terribly wrong when it comes to Illinois and governors.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-12-11, 9:06 PM #6
its chicago

you're surprised?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-12-11, 9:27 PM #7
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
well he is horribly corrupt but he has AMAZING[/i] hair!:ninja:

Maybe it's just me, but I hate his hair.
2008-12-11, 10:30 PM #8
My mom actually went to high school with Blagojevich in Illinois. Graduated the same year.

Apparently, she said he was a jock ***hole and hung around with the Polish kids.

I blame the pollacks for the corruption in Chicago.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2008-12-11, 10:55 PM #9
I blame the jews
2008-12-11, 11:01 PM #10
Originally posted by genk:
its chicago

you're surprised?

Actually, it ISN'T Chicago, it's Springfield. Chicago belongs to Mayor Daley (Mayor should be pronounced like King in his title).

You see, Daley and Blagojevich have been at odds for some time... well... mostly it's Blagojevich hating Daley. The problem is, even though Blagojevich is technically Governor, he has significantly less power and influence that Daley.

Not saying that Daley isn't corrupt... NO, Daley is MORE corrupt, but he is effectively corrupt, and that corruption is probably the only reason the city still works. Blagojevich is corrupt and incompetent.

Actually, it's a legitimate worry that Obama likley owes Daley some significant favors...
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2008-12-11, 11:54 PM #11
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
While that may be true, you have to admit that there is something terribly wrong when it comes to Illinois and governors.

In all honesty Echo, I wouldn't know! Is Illinois a traditional home of political shenanigans? If so, then yes I will admit that ;)
2008-12-12, 1:02 AM #12
Originally posted by Martyn:
In all honesty Echo, I wouldn't know! Is Illinois a traditional home of political shenanigans? If so, then yes I will admit that ;)

Illinois is the traditional home of political shenanigans. :D
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.

↑ Up to the top!