Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Digital Audio Out to Analog?
Digital Audio Out to Analog?
2008-12-11, 9:48 AM #1
I'm not willing to drop too much money right now (just spent 500 on the upgrade to XM with some new speakers) and I'm trying to figure out a way to get my tv to go from digital audio out to analog. Which analog signal doesn't really matter, I can figure it out from there.

Anyone know of any solutions for 30 bucks or so?
D E A T H
2008-12-11, 9:49 AM #2
You can't go digital to analog without some sort of decoder/receiver. I don't know of anything that does that for $30 short of a computer sound card.
2008-12-11, 9:57 AM #3
This is the only thing I know that will do that. You can use it without a PC, and it will convert digial coax/optical to miniplug. (or 3 miniplug if you want to do 5.1)

Might be able to find them cheaper somewhere else, but they don't make em anymore.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-12-11, 10:52 AM #4
At that price range I may as well just get a receiver. Ah well, thanks guys. Appreciate it :)
D E A T H
2008-12-11, 10:54 AM #5
Search for external DACs on google (digital to analog converter). You may be able to find a cheap one that takes common digital formats.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-12-11, 11:48 AM #6
You're describing a DAC. The whole point of digital out is to use a DAC other than the one on your sound card or audio source. This is generally done in order to use a really high quality and expensive one. Are you sure that there is no analog out on your TV? There would have to be some kind of DAC on it already if it has built in speakers.
2008-12-11, 12:50 PM #7
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
You're describing a DAC. The whole point of digital out is to use a DAC other than the one on your sound card or audio source. This is generally done in order to use a really high quality and expensive one. Are you sure that there is no analog out on your TV? There would have to be some kind of DAC on it already if it has built in speakers.

He sent me the TV model he has. I was very skeptical at first, but Yoshi was indeed right. There is no analog out on his TV. I thought that was extremely odd (and stupid)
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

↑ Up to the top!