Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Police shoot innocent teenager skinhead who was waving two knives and threatening to
Police shoot innocent teenager skinhead who was waving two knives and threatening to
2008-12-12, 10:24 AM #1
kill them and also shouting for them to kill him and had also been pepper sprayed twice already

Moral outrage ensues

http://www.3news.co.nz/News/InternationalNews/15-year-old-shot-dead-by-police-in-Melbourne/tabid/417/articleID/84085/cat/61/Default.aspx
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24789926-601,00.html

This is an outrage in my opinion police should be banned
2008-12-12, 10:33 AM #2
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;967185']kill them and also shouting for them to kill him and had also been pepper sprayed twice already

Moral outrage ensues

This is an outrage in my opinion police should be banned

Going by the tone of your post
Attachment: 20738/oh u.jpg (15,215 bytes)
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2008-12-12, 10:46 AM #3
I would not like to meet Ms. Rowena Redundant Bailey.

Quote:
``He was achieving enormous success. He was in our hospitality unit and doing very well, he showed great promise and was doing extremely well.'
``He was an easygoing boy, in our environment, very easygoing, and he was very happy. He had a lot of friends and he was very happy.''
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2008-12-12, 10:50 AM #4
Good riddance.

Including Internet speech in news articles is one of the worst. things. ever, tho'.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-12-12, 10:50 AM #5
... great job media. Check out the picture they use:

http://player.video.news.com.au/theaustralian/#eFUeCZbi2oHYYDFNuwClFxq7lSZtYZkV
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2008-12-12, 10:53 AM #6
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
I would not like to meet Ms. Rowena Redundant Bailey.

In contrast, a quote from someone I know who lives a couple blocks from where it happened
Quote:
Personally, I know the people he hung out with. Not cool. They pretty much walked around at night, stabbing and bashing whoever walked into the park (he was carrying two knifes...) so I don't really have any sympathy for him. Not only that, but he was part of a Racial Superiority group called "Southern Cross Soldiers"
2008-12-12, 11:06 AM #7
Skinheads deserve to be shot.
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2008-12-12, 11:49 AM #8
someone waving knives around at cops even after getting the pepper spray doesn't sound too innocent to me
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-12-12, 11:58 AM #9
Why is a 'gentle little bloke' and 'innocent child' walking round waving knives, threatening to kill and ignoring the lighter attempts to take him down?
Sure, I can see the argument that the cops went too far, but this whole innocent and gentle crap doesn't fly with me for a second. Neither does the racially tolerant, non-gang skin-head gang line.

Theres more to this story and the only anger I've gotten so far is the medias completely one-sided "let's bullcrap the public so we can sell more papers" angle to this whole thing. And even then I'm not that angry, it's just typical.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-12-12, 12:00 PM #10
Don't point weapons at cops. Duh. People don't give two ****s about murder these days, so if I was a cop i would be extra paranoid too.

Technicially he wasn't innocent seeing as threatening someone (especially an officer) with a deadly weapon can be charged as high as attempted murder if given the right jury and the wrong lawyer.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2008-12-12, 1:29 PM #11
They are trying to make this kid look like an angel, when us, within just a little time of research, already know the better part of the story.

The fact remains, the kid would have harmed if not killed someone. Perhaps the cops should have shot his leg or something I don't know. I'm amazed the kid was able to keep on going even after being sprayed with pepper spray. Still, he is nothing to admire.

Of course, some misguided teens will make this kid into a prophet or god or whatever.

Personally, what concerns me, is that more killing is most likely to come. The kids who say they want to avenge his death, now that is an issue.

This kid made mistakes in his life, and payed for them. Why couldn't he just be a normal bloke, with a normal life? Is there some genetic thing that makes us go looking for trouble?
Nothing to see here, move along.
2008-12-12, 1:33 PM #12
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Perhaps the cops should have shot his leg or something I don't know.

Can of worms.
Warhead[97]
2008-12-12, 2:03 PM #13
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
Can of worms.

You know what... you're absolutely right.

COPS should keep killing like this. Hopefully, kids will learn some sense and stop acting like bloody fools....

I think the real problems of society, is that some how, the idea that people can do ANYTHING without consequences has become mainstream idealism.

I see it in my friends, which is the main reason I've stopped going out with them.

Each time we went out, they kept pushing the limit, to the point where they were breaking traffic laws here and there, drinking and driving, smoking pot, and all kinds of things, despite me, telling and urging them to calm down.

I never went along with it, and there were many nights where I just decided to walk home, instead of driving in the same car with a bunch of kids who were high, or drunk.

Heaven knows what they're doing now.

So far, they haven't had a car accident, or been to jail. But I have heard that they were once stopped for drunk driving. Of course, the cops here all have a price, for which they'll let you go.
2008-12-12, 2:32 PM #14
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
TPerhaps the cops should have shot his leg or something I don't know.

Police are trained to shoot for center mass because it's the biggest target. Furthermore, when in a position where they must use their gun, they are trained to shoot to kill. The whole shoot the person in a leg and wound them argument is garbage.
Pissed Off?
2008-12-12, 2:46 PM #15
Originally posted by Avenger:
Police are trained to shoot for center mass because it's the biggest target. Furthermore, when in a position where they must use their gun, they are trained to shoot to kill. The whole shoot the person in a leg and wound them argument is garbage.

Good point. I was going to say this, but then again, I've never had to shoot someone, so I wouldn't know.

I don't think the police wanted to kill the kid, they warned him plenty.
2008-12-12, 3:03 PM #16
Originally posted by Avenger:

Why not use a taser though? Taser vs. knife seems like no contest.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-12-12, 3:07 PM #17
Because to effectively use a taser, you would be with in the lethal range of a person with a knife.
Pissed Off?
2008-12-12, 3:08 PM #18
ok, not a taser, whatever the ranged one is.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-12-12, 3:09 PM #19
They are ranged, but you're still putting your self about ten feet from someone to use it.
Pissed Off?
2008-12-12, 3:16 PM #20
Wikipedia says they max out at 35 ft, with 15 ft for civilians. I'd image law enforcement uses ones around 20-25.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-12-12, 3:20 PM #21
In the video the cop talked about tasers, that it's something they have and are currently looking into using but are still not certain about the pros/cons of it.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2008-12-12, 4:22 PM #22
Originally posted by Freelancer:

Depends if they use them.
nope.
2008-12-12, 7:52 PM #23
If you go looking for trouble, it will find you...especially if you're wielding knives at those expected to protect the innocent.
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2008-12-12, 8:06 PM #24
Originally posted by Freelancer:

Victorian cops don't carry tasers. There's a bit of a stink about it, as pretty much every other police force in the country carries them.
2008-12-12, 8:16 PM #25
At least Australia isn't going bat-**** insane over it like what's going on in Greece right now.
2008-12-12, 9:44 PM #26
The amount of anti-tazer propaganda going around is really dumb. I can see imposing stricter guidelines for their use, but they're sure a hell of a lot better then get shot or beat with a club.
2008-12-12, 10:17 PM #27
Originally posted by The_Lost_One:
If you go looking for trouble, it will find you...especially if you're wielding knives at those expected to protect the innocent.

Technically, police aren't employed to "protect the innocent".
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-12-12, 10:24 PM #28
they should've just rpg'd his ***.
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2008-12-13, 1:52 AM #29
This will work well, they can round up all the other racist **** as they come to mourn...
2008-12-13, 11:37 AM #30
Originally posted by The_Reafis:
This will work well, they can round up all the other racist **** as they come to mourn...

I was thinking the same thing!
2008-12-13, 2:13 PM #31
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:

Yes, for that we have Darkwing Duck.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-12-13, 2:28 PM #32
[http://hkustinternational.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/darkwing_duck.jpg]
2008-12-14, 6:41 AM #33
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:

I thought the old saying was "To protect and serve."...
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2008-12-15, 2:18 AM #34
Originally posted by Roger Spruce:
I thought the old saying was "To protect and serve."...

Saying, yes. However, per the Supreme Court, that is not the case.

Originally posted by Emon:
Wikipedia says they max out at 35 ft, with 15 ft for civilians. I'd image law enforcement uses ones around 20-25.

15ft-ish is the sweet spot- there are two wires/barbs that are discharged- one goes straight and the other goes down at an 8 degree angle (IIRC). At 35 feet (maximum range for the long-range cartridges- most are 21 or 25 feet, I think), you'll end up with a huge spread and be fortunate to make contact with both wires. At 15ft or so, you can get one in the shoulder and one in the lower back- perfect spacing.

I might be a little rusty- current dept doesn't have Tasers.
woot!
2008-12-15, 12:16 PM #35
Wow, talk about excellent firearm control, if this had happened in the U.S., I'm sure there would have been about 30 rounds between the three officers fired in the general area of the kid.

Seriously though, they can use pepper spray not once, but twice, but "Oh noez! Tehy couldn't uze a tazer cuz like, they'd b 2 close!"
omnia mea mecum porto
2008-12-15, 2:55 PM #36
They don't have tasers.
nope.
2008-12-15, 4:38 PM #37
I don't care how terrible and uncool the kid was, there's no reason a kid with a couple of knives needs to be shot and killed. I'm almost certain this could've been handled a different way where people don't die.

That said, these articles are impossible to read. Australians have terrible grammar.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-12-15, 4:47 PM #38
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I don't care how terrible and uncool the kid was, there's no reason a kid with a couple of knives needs to be shot and killed. I'm almost certain this could've been handled a different way where people don't die.

That said, these articles are impossible to read. Australians have terrible grammar.

Yeah, since you were there and all...
woot!
2008-12-15, 6:01 PM #39
Look... they pepper sprayed him twice... they fired a warning shot, repeatedly told him to stop.... and he didn't.

He was a danger to the public and to the police, there was no other remedy.
2008-12-15, 6:21 PM #40
Originally posted by JediKirby:

what were they supposed to do, they warned the kid, pepper sprayed him twice, and the kid was still advancing on them with TWO knives.

Not to mention that he got the police to come to him by making a false emergency call.

So what praytell could the police have done to stop him after he failed to respond to warnings and being pepper sprayed twice?
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%

↑ Up to the top!