Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Walt Disney World
Walt Disney World
2008-12-12, 9:19 PM #1
I'll be leaving tomorrow to go to Orlando, and I'll be staying in a hotel Saturday. I'll be at Disney World until I come back Friday.

If anyone has been to any of the Disney theme parks, what are your favorite things to do there?
2008-12-12, 9:21 PM #2
I'd suggest skipping Disney Land and checking out everything else in Orlando.
2008-12-12, 9:27 PM #3
I went to universal studios when I was there. It was a lot of fun
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-12-12, 9:34 PM #4
Don't listen! Disney's awesome. Stay for the parades and fireworks at night. Pace yourself so you're not running around trying to see everything and not having a good time because you're exhausted. A lot of people actually like to come early and then go back to their rooms in the middle of the day for lunch and a nap. Particularly those with younger kids.

Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are my favorite parks (I think Hollywood Studios used to be called something else) And if I remember correctly, and I might not because it's been quite a while, Magic Kingdom has the best parade and fireworks. That or Epcott. If you go to Epcott, check out the food at the different countries. Actually food all over Disney is pretty good stuff. (restaurant food that is. The food in stands is just your standard issue theme park food)
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-12-12, 9:51 PM #5
sugarless, I believe you are referring to MGM Grand :)

In terms of Disney World, I think the best rides are still in Magic Kingdom. The kingdom is connected to Tomorrow Land as well. You get the most value probably there.

However, some essential rides like Soarin' are at Epcot. Epcot used to suck, but now it's a pretty good place to spend a day or so.

MGM Grand is actually pretty fun as well. You could probably hit MGM Grand and Epcot in a day. Hit up MGM Grand first, and then go to Epcot for fireworks and such.

Disney is expensive though, so be warned....
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-12-12, 10:17 PM #6
It's been close to 20 years since I've been to Disney World, so it's probably changed since then... All I remember is it was even crazy expensive back then, and Pirates of the Caribbean was closed for renovation.
2008-12-12, 10:33 PM #7
Originally posted by mscbuck:

In terms of Disney World, I think the best rides are still in Magic Kingdom. The kingdom is connected to Tomorrow Land as well. You get the most value probably there.

However, some essential rides like Soarin' are at Epcot. Epcot used to suck, but now it's a pretty good place to spend a day or so.

MGM Grand is actually pretty fun as well. You could probably hit MGM Grand and Epcot in a day. Hit up MGM Grand first, and then go to Epcot for fireworks and such.

That's the one! Thanks.

And yeah, everything is crazy expensive
2008-12-12, 10:37 PM #8
Epcot is basically what they thought back in 1960 that the word would be like in the year 1990. Kind of entertaining, really.
2008-12-12, 10:54 PM #9
Originally posted by mscbuck:

I rode Soarin' twice when I went last year. It was a VERY long wait both times.
2008-12-12, 11:31 PM #10
Buzz Lightyear's ride in Tomorrowland. I'm a sucker for those zapper games, especially MiB at Universal :P

Also, MGM is best during Star Wars Weekends :ninja:
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2008-12-12, 11:32 PM #11
I was obsessed with Space Mountain when I was there. So awesome...
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2008-12-13, 6:41 AM #12
I second the Buzz Lightyear ride.

Mission space was also a good one (intense, too).
2008-12-13, 8:49 AM #13
Yeah, Soarin' is definitly super long. Now the thing to to do is to go to the park and just run and get all the Fast Passes. Otherwise some of the more popular rides are booked for the entire day by 10AM :/

2008-12-13, 9:06 AM #14
If you're looking to ride as many rides as possible, you might consider getting into the "Singles Line." They use those people to fill spots when other groups don't fill an entire car. You can usually get through a lot faster that way, and you still might sit next to whoever you are with.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2008-12-13, 10:43 AM #15
Singles Lines are *much* faster, my family uses them whenever they're available.
$do || ! $do ; try
2008-12-13, 11:09 AM #16
Yea, dude. Singles is the best way to get thru a line at a ski lift too. Idiots will wait in a long with their friend, I say screw my friends and just board up to the front of the line and jump in two seconds.
2008-12-13, 4:52 PM #17
Be sure to use the "fast track" or "fast pass" system. It's basically a reserve ticket that lets you wait in a shorter, special line at a designated time. Every ride here I like has to be recommended. But I want to point out two rides at Epcot, test track and this mission space ride. Oh and like someone mentioned, I recommend checking out Universal Studios as well.

The food at Disney is good, Sugarless? Even in restaurants, the food there pale in comparison (not to mention they're significantly more expensive) to restaurants outside Disney.

One more note, you can enter any park for free on your birthday starting next year. You just have to show ID.
2008-12-13, 7:12 PM #18
I haven't been there in a good while but it was always good when I went. Not really at Cinderella's castle or any place like that but from what I remember? heck yeah! I have 2 friends in culinary school who hope to get jobs for Disney.
2008-12-13, 7:28 PM #19
do they still have Star Tours at MGM? Because that was quite obviously the best ride at Disnery World.
2008-12-13, 7:39 PM #20
I have been on yearly trips to Disney World since I was 8. I am now 18. That makes it 10 trips.

Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are great, but my favorite parks are Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

Expedition Everest is a pretty thrilling and intense coaster, that's a great part about Animal Kingdom.

Epcot has my favorite ride (Mission Space) which is technically the biggest thrill ride in Orlando (In terms of g forces experienced)

Also, try to have some fun in Downtown Disney. It has some cool places to shop, some clubs, and fantastic food (at a price of course)
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2008-12-13, 7:40 PM #21
Originally posted by DSettahr:
do they still have Star Tours at MGM? Because that was quite obviously the best ride at Disnery World.

Yup, but they no longer call it MGM. It's now Disney Hollywood Studios. I prefer to not ask questions.
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2008-12-13, 7:47 PM #22
That explains it. I couldn't remember MGM's name, so I looked it up on the Disney website and it said Hollywood Studios. Which still didn't sound familiar.

I wasn't a big fan of Animal Kingdom, but I think I was just being resistant to change. I grew up with Disney World and specifically with Epcot, Magic Kingdom and MGM, and then a new park tried to worm its way into my affections. bastards!
2008-12-13, 7:51 PM #23
Honestly, I think Animal Kingdom is a ****load of fun. There is a lot to do. Especially with the coaster additions.
2008-12-13, 7:55 PM #24
I'm here chillin in Orlando

my favorite star wars character is Han Solo, or Lando
2008-12-13, 10:35 PM #25
damn, which I had seen this post earlier.. I work for Walt Disney World AND Universal Studios...
||||||||||||||||||||
2008-12-13, 10:38 PM #26
You making masks and props and stuff for them? I remember you always were posting some crazy stuff on here.
2008-12-13, 10:40 PM #27
I did for Universal Studios for 3 years during Halloween Horror Nights.. but Disney probably wouldn't enjoy my work too much.. haha
||||||||||||||||||||
2008-12-13, 10:45 PM #28
Spiral anyway you can hook me up with a deal for Disney World :) ? I'm gonna be there over Christmas

2008-12-13, 11:13 PM #29
I'll see what I can do.. haha.. they are pretty stingy with their free passes now. (especially since I am an outside "Participant" which means that my company is only partnered with Disney, but it's on Disney property)
||||||||||||||||||||
2008-12-14, 12:18 AM #30
Epcot
2008-12-14, 8:30 PM #31
Here's some serious advice: Be careful here in Orlando. Crime has gotten very bad here the last couple years and it's only getting worse. Stay away from the Metro West, Pine Hills, and Downtown areas at anything approaching night time.

What hotel are you staying at?
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2008-12-15, 5:18 PM #32
Disney Hollywood Studios? What was wrong with MGM?
2008-12-15, 5:36 PM #33
I thought MGM is now part of Sony.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-12-15, 5:39 PM #34
Huh. That's funny. I just read in LF that Walt Disney World is very corrupted and its employees are very perverted.
2008-12-15, 5:47 PM #35
Originally posted by Latis:
Huh. That's funny. I just read in LF that Walt Disney World is very corrupted and its employees are very perverted.

From what I've read from ex-employees, it's another "leave your soul at the door" environment.
$do || ! $do ; try
2008-12-15, 7:13 PM #36
Haha, the stuff at ex-MGM was really cool, but Epcot is total win.

BTW, Spiral, can you get me a pass for Epcot perhaps?

Hijack: Anyone else live in or around Orlando? (I go to UCF)
A computer's worst nightmare:

HazTeam Website-=HT=
2008-12-15, 7:23 PM #37
I live in Mt. Dora right now, but I'm in Orlando frequently. I start at UCF in January, but at the Clermont campus.

We need a list of all the Orlando ians.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2008-12-15, 8:08 PM #38
Originally posted by gammasts:
Hijack: Anyone else live in or around Orlando? (I go to UCF)

My brother's at UCF :ninja:
$do || ! $do ; try
2008-12-16, 12:03 PM #39
well, i haven't gotten my passes yet for Disney, so it kinda depends. I am out now so I have to wait for their next distribution.
||||||||||||||||||||

↑ Up to the top!