Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Guess the medals your nation gets thread
Guess the medals your nation gets thread
2004-08-13, 4:49 PM #1
Post how many medals you think your nation gets in the olympics and also post who makes 1,2 and 3 in the medal tally (all medals).

Australia: 22

medal tally: USA, Britain, Australia

If you guess correctly you get a cookie.
2004-08-13, 4:59 PM #2
22 isnt a bad guess, but I think we'll get more.

Britain? You're kidding me.

1) USA
2) Russia
3) China
4) Australia
5) Germany or France

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-13, 5:29 PM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CavEmaN:

medal tally: USA, Britain, Australia
</font>

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Everyone knows the Brits have been on peformance reducing drugs for years.

Total medals: ~30, most of which will come from swimming *yawns*. And I agree with Sporks list.

------------------
Run: forgetting passwords on a regular basis.
Run: forgetting passwords on a regular basis.
2004-08-14, 4:53 AM #4
Yeah britain came 28th in the medal tally in atlanta, not sure about sydney.

God I love watching the english lose, the Ashes are like a little slice of heaven.

Spork's on the money, I'm not sure about France being that close to Australia/Germany though.
2004-08-14, 5:11 AM #5
Whatever nation is the biggest and sneakiest doping user is probably first in the medal tally, so most likely the USA (and this isn't a jab, it's just that they're like the modern-day DDR when it comes to doping).

------------------
If you can read this, you need better glasses.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-08-14, 5:13 AM #6
We came 10th in Sydney.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-08-14, 5:14 AM #7
Maybe 2.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-08-14, 8:16 AM #8
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] USA ownz.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-08-14, 8:50 AM #9
as a brit, u all suk. ktxbai
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-08-14, 9:05 AM #10
As another Brit, you all suck. Again.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-14, 11:56 AM #11
as another brit, i'm realistic, our team sucks, but your team is probablys full of *******s anyway.

spe wins all medals.

brits win no more than 8.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-14, 12:12 PM #12
Yeah, us brits will do badly again. Meh.. who really cares though?

The whole thing is a fix anyway [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

USA has a higher population which means there is a larger probablilty of someone being good at each event.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
-----@%

[This message has been edited by TheJkWhoSaysNi (edited August 14, 2004).]
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-08-14, 12:54 PM #13
TheJkWhoSaysNi, I was going to use that exact same argument until I took a look at Australia. Proportionally I think we're better than the US, but Australia has everyone beat by miles.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-08-14, 1:03 PM #14
with australias indiginous wildlife, i think you'd be the same.

*rwar*

and apart from jaiph, the wild animals seem fairly dangerous too. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-14, 4:41 PM #15
Australia should get 30 medals pretty easily I think. As long as we don't fail miserably in the pool, but I doubt that. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt
with australias indiginous wildlife, i think you'd be the same.
*rwar*

and apart from jaiph, the wild animals seem fairly dangerous too.
</font>

You don't even know the half of it man. We have these things called drop bears, they're like koalas on steroids. They hide up in the trees and drop on unsuspecting victims and basically maul them to death. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™ - Now with 38% more Spam

[This message has been edited by KegZ (edited August 14, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by KegZ (edited August 14, 2004).]
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-08-14, 6:00 PM #16
Ha, anyone catch the diving? The Brits were in first place, then they needed like 85 for second (After the Chineese spanked them) and so the Brits do this HORRIBLE dive, they both land atleast a FULL SECOND apart, and it was horrible, no synconization at all. THe announcers expected they wouldnt even get a medal now because of the huge mistake...and then they start cheering.. They got 2 or 3 freaking 9.0's!!! Now, Australia had a REAL nice dive, but one of the guys legs were apart or something, but other then that PERFECT, they got like 7.0's and 8.0's..Then the brits come, 1 second apart from one another, not synconized and sloppy. BANG 9.0's they get silver. WTF is that?

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-14, 6:07 PM #17
I've been pretty impressed with the Australians in this olympics. I've been keeping track of the Greeks and they're awful. Kinda sad [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-15, 3:13 AM #18
they are all noobs.

=P

------------------

~~Because Eric does Rock Your World~~
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-15, 4:20 AM #19
Did you see that 15 year old girl in the 400IM!? See lost by only .12 sec! She is going to ROCK next time! She was 15! She came so close to winning!
2004-08-15, 4:59 AM #20
I don't think the USA deserves to win any. They're so cowardly. Instead of facing possible anger towards them with pride for the country they represent, they try to hide it. I'm sure other countries think it's hilarious.

------------------
A little less conversation, a little more action
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-08-15, 5:33 AM #21
The US will probably get around 40 medals or so. And I agree with Spork's list as well.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-08-15, 5:34 AM #22
Australia came something like 2nd or 3rd in the medals / population in Sydney, a few of the tiny nations always win a medal or two. We absolutely spanked the 3 teams ahead of us (USA, China, Russia).

I think if you did money spent on sport / medals comparison, Australia wouldnt do that well at all. We have a fantasic Institute of Sport which the government pours millions into each year. But hey, we love sport and we're good at it, so why not?

Just watching an Aussie chick win the Woman's cycling road race, GO AUSSIES!!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-15, 6:07 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Ha, anyone catch the diving? The Brits were in first place, then they needed like 85 for second (After the Chineese spanked them) and so the Brits do this HORRIBLE dive, they both land atleast a FULL SECOND apart, and it was horrible, no synconization at all. THe announcers expected they wouldnt even get a medal now because of the huge mistake...and then they start cheering.. They got 2 or 3 freaking 9.0's!!! Now, Australia had a REAL nice dive, but one of the guys legs were apart or something, but other then that PERFECT, they got like 7.0's and 8.0's..Then the brits come, 1 second apart from one another, not synconized and sloppy. BANG 9.0's they get silver. WTF is that?

</font>

I was watching the women's diving competition and thought the exact same thing. Something is seriously wrong here.
2004-08-15, 6:23 AM #24
USA: I guess, like, 945,078,122 or somethin like that.

------------------
deviantART gallery.
2004-08-15, 6:57 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
I don't think the USA deserves to win any. They're so cowardly. Instead of facing possible anger towards them with pride for the country they represent, they try to hide it. I'm sure other countries think it's hilarious.

</font>

Shut the **** up.

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-08-15, 7:19 AM #26
Yeah, you're right. I'm completely wrong. I mean, it's only the Olympics. The most important sports event there is, where all countries send their best to compete against all other countries. It's not like our athletes, our representatives, should show any pride for who they represent. I'm so stupid for thinking that.

------------------
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
2004-08-15, 7:25 AM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
Yeah, you're right. I'm completely wrong. I mean, it's only the Olympics. The most important sports event there is, where all countries send their best to compete against all other countries. It's not like our athletes, our representatives, should show any pride for who they represent. I'm so stupid for thinking that.

</font>

The athletes were given orders not to show boat for their own safety.

[Edit: How about you don't attack other members of these forums?]

[This message has been edited by DeTRiTiC-iQ (edited August 15, 2004).]
2004-08-15, 7:31 AM #28
Alright, fine, I'm sorry. But I still don't like it. It seems like a very cowardly move to me.

------------------
- Vash the Stampede
2004-08-15, 7:51 AM #29
Am I the only person here who doesn't have the slightest ****ing clue what Ghaz Ghostle is even talking about??

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-15, 8:16 AM #30
Australia, US, Romania, and China. In no particular order.

Chaz is talking about the atheletes not able to be overly patriotic or festive if they win because it might provoke terrorist attacks on the atheletes(I don't think it will make a difference though). But he thinks it's the atheletes decision to do this so he sees fit to demean them.

------------------
Debating politics on the internet is about as useful and productive as shoving a broomstick up your *** .
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-08-15, 8:24 AM #31
Actually, I apologized for that. I didn't realize it wasn't their decision.

But I still think it's dishonorable.

------------------
- Vash the Stampede
2004-08-15, 8:35 AM #32
I'm not happy about it either, but I don't think it's dishonorable. It's just stupid and asinine.

------------------
Debating politics on the internet is about as useful and productive as shoving a broomstick up your *** .
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-08-17, 2:18 AM #33
A little less American arrogance is always a good thing.

One of the American athletes for the 100 metres, I think, did say that he was only turning up to collect the gold medal. And one of the Americans had a big tatoo reading "Best in the world".

The complete lack of applause as the Americans marched out was hilarious. It was so cold and silent until about half-way through, when some started clapping politely.
It was the same as with the Soviets 20 or 30 years ago.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-08-17, 3:28 AM #34
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
One of the American athletes for the 100 metres, I think, did say that he was only turning up to collect the gold medal. And one of the Americans had a big tatoo reading "Best in the world". </font>

That would be the same person, Maurice Greene. The tatoo is of a lion, with the letters GOAT down the bottom of its mane. He says it stands for 'greatest of all time', I just reckon he's a goat.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-17, 4:07 AM #35
USA: 41

------------------
"Why aren't I'm using at these pictures?" - Cloud, 4/14/02
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2004-08-17, 6:36 AM #36
We get the medal of crapses.

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.

↑ Up to the top!