Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → switching cellular carriers
switching cellular carriers
2008-12-15, 2:28 PM #1
I'm comtemplating switching from Verizon Wireless to AT&T. Seeing as AT&T is my current client at work, I could get a nice discount promotion from them.

Well, let massassi speak.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2008-12-15, 2:36 PM #2
I voted for Verizon. I use verizon, and while I've heard that AT&T is a nicer company to its customers than Verizon, Verizon has way better coverage, especially in remote areas, it seems.
2008-12-15, 2:54 PM #3
At&T's coverage is pretty abysmal really.
2008-12-15, 3:00 PM #4
I've stuck with Verizon for years and I don't really have much to complain. Unless AT&T is cheaper, I don't really see any real benefits to switching out. I too heard AT&T's coverage is lacking, but I can't back that statement up personally.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-12-15, 3:20 PM #5
Originally posted by DSettahr:
I voted for Verizon. I use verizon, and while I've heard that AT&T is a nicer company to its customers than Verizon, Verizon has way better coverage, especially in remote areas, it seems.

The coverage areas are far better with Verizon. The Forest Service uses Verizon for all government cell phones because they get coverage in lots of places that AT&T doesn't.
Pissed Off?
2008-12-15, 3:29 PM #6
It's the network.
2008-12-15, 3:30 PM #7
it depends on where you live. AT&T has great coverage over the greater cleveland area, i know for a fact. my fiancee has had them for goin on 10 years now. the only time shes had a problem is when she's in the middle of frakking nowhere.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-12-15, 3:39 PM #8
Originally posted by Ford:
it depends on where you live. AT&T has great coverage over the greater cleveland area, i know for a fact. my fiancee has had them for goin on 10 years now. the only time shes had a problem is when she's in the middle of frakking nowhere.

I bet Verizon probably would've worked there!
2008-12-15, 3:44 PM #9
we were on vacation. we didnt care :P

verizon doesnt work in the basement of my school, but alltel does :P
2008-12-15, 4:05 PM #10
What were you doing in the basement of your school?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-12-15, 4:11 PM #11
It depends on the area. I only have first hand experience with T-Mobile and Sprint. My old service was Virgin Mobile, which uses the Sprint network. It worked fine in the greater Cleveland and Rochester areas. T-Mobile also works fine.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-12-15, 4:17 PM #12
Originally posted by Ford:
it depends on where you live.

This.

I've had several carriers over my years: Verizon, Alltel, AT&T, T-Mobile. If you happen to live in New Mexico, then I can tell you the best ones by rank:
1) T-Mobile
2) AT&T (it got a lot better between my 2G iPhone and 3G iPhone.
3) Verizon
4) Alltel
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-12-15, 8:47 PM #13
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
What were you doing in the basement of your school?

its where the photo lab is.

you know, where the cool kids hang out.
2008-12-15, 8:52 PM #14
Verizon's business practices are down right abysmal. Any sort of customization of your phone is going to cost you $10. That said, they do have great coverage.

The iPhone was pitched to Verizon but for reasons I do not know, they turned it down.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-12-16, 3:59 AM #15
Yeah the coverage is my only issue. i might be on the road alot by next year so the middle of nowhere is a defenite issue.

As for the iphone on verizon, apple offered it to verizon first, but because verizon couldnt control the repair issues, they declined stating they would rather keep everything internal. Basicially apple probably said they might have to -gasp- give people new phones, rather then verizons usual share of refurb pieces of trash. (long story about that)
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2008-12-16, 5:31 AM #16
this thread makes me feel good about getting jacked up the *** in service costs by verizon.
2008-12-16, 8:34 AM #17
Originally posted by dalf:
The iPhone was pitched to Verizon but for reasons I do not know, they turned it down.

Probably because Verizon likes to lock their phones down to their content stores. Probably wouldn't swing with Apple because of their music store.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |

↑ Up to the top!