Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New printer!
New printer!
2004-08-17, 5:33 AM #1
My old epson stylus 880 died on me the other day-- all the print heads clogged and nothing would work. Which is bad, b/c with all the epsons that i've owned in the past, the print heads could not be replaced by the user. Since the machine was 4 years old, i decided that it had a good run and i put it out to pasture and went to best buy.

I went out and got an hp psc 1315 printer/scanner/copier. The thing i like the most about it is that you get a new print head with each new cartridge, whereas you didn't with the epson.

Print quality goes up to 1200 DPI, which is sufficient for photos. 2400 DPI is even better, but i didn't feel like it was worth the extra $100.

Post your printer!

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited August 17, 2004).]
2004-08-17, 5:35 AM #2
Canon i550, it was such a stupid printer to get working with Linux.

------------------
"Windows [n.]
A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-08-17, 5:47 AM #3
1) Panasonic KX-P2023
2) Okidata Okipage 6e

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq!
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-08-17, 6:43 AM #4
Pen and paper.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-17, 6:47 AM #5
Samsung ML-1710 laser printer, because it was so nice to configure in Linux [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] It's probably the only peripheral that was easy to configure on my computer [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.

[This message has been edited by MaD CoW (edited August 17, 2004).]
2004-08-17, 6:48 AM #6
Sigh...What ever happen to the days where you have to pay/force someone to draw what is on your screen?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-17, 9:50 AM #7
I have an Epson777 ink jet. While I don't print all that often, I like it much better than my previous two printers (both Canons). The Canons had to be cleaned constantly, never had very crisp print, and had a hard time pulling only one sheet of paper at a time (even when they were brand new). The Epson uses more ink, but it works flawlessly in Linux and the printing quality is superb. And this is a cheapo Costco $100 printer.

------------------
Brian's Web Log is CLOSED.

↑ Up to the top!