Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → coolest oral surgen ever
coolest oral surgen ever
2004-08-16, 11:18 AM #1
So, I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out September 3rd and today I went in to listen to them tell me all about the stuff and fill out the waiver forms and whatnot. Well, the doctor comes in and we get to talking about Track and Field and we make the discovery that we are both Steve Prefontaine freaks. So he brings me into his office so to show me a picture of Prefontaine he has on his computer. We walk in there and he has a game of Return to Castle Wolfenstien paused on his computer. He unpauses it and bursts into a room and starts taking out all the bad guys and what not. And then he is like, "Oh, yeah, err... right" and goes on to show me the picture he had originally intended to show me. And the best part about is the guy was in his mid to late 50's.

so yeah, fun stuff

------------------
yay for not posting much ever
enjoy.music
yay for not posting much ever
2004-08-16, 11:35 AM #2
Hah, that's awesome....I guess.

T'would be cooler if it was a woman. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
deviantART gallery.
2004-08-16, 12:31 PM #3
And if she was naked.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-16, 12:33 PM #4
That's pretty cool. My grandpa still plays nintendo, and rocks.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-16, 12:41 PM #5
I pity you, I really do, if you're having your wisdom teeth removed.

i had mine out at the end of May (just days after the end of college spring semester exams) and the pain was excrutiating even with the medicine. I threw up after taking vicadin, so i couldn't use that. Bad times. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-16, 12:44 PM #6
My wisdom teeth are just starting to come in. Bleh. Ah well. Awesome, though.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-16, 12:51 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
My wisdom teeth are just starting to come in. Bleh. Ah well. Awesome, though.

</font>

In that case, I'll remove them for $20 (US, your canadian money is no damn good where i live [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] ).

*holds up needle nose pliers*

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-16, 1:05 PM #8
Hehehe, good stuff

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-16, 1:13 PM #9
Remove them Castaway style (anyone remember that film?) (i.e. with an ice skate blade... whew...)

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-16, 1:14 PM #10
I wish my dad was like that...
2004-08-16, 1:16 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
i had mine out at the end of May (just days after the end of college spring semester exams) and the pain was excrutiating even with the medicine. I threw up after taking vicadin, so i couldn't use that. Bad times. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

</font>

Then the guy who removed them either didn't give you enough pain killers, or didn't wait long enough.

I've had my top two removed, as well as two of my molars so my teeth would align better. In BOTH cases, I didn't feel a damned thing. They were tender the next day, but that was it. The only freaky part, was being able to <i>hear</i> what was going on. That sucked...

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-08-16, 1:26 PM #12
I had my wisdom teeth out at the begining of summer. I was spitting blood for 3 whole days after [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
ZGPC
2004-08-16, 1:28 PM #13
Mine only bled for a few hours after.

Either my blood clots fast, or I have a better dentist...

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-08-16, 2:04 PM #14
Mine only bled for like 4 hours after the surgery. Eat a lot of pine apple a couple of days before the surgery. It will seriously reduce the pain and swelling.
2004-08-16, 2:47 PM #15
Fishing line + Arrow + Bow

That's the best way to remove teeth.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-16, 3:10 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
In that case, I'll remove them for $20 (US, your canadian money is no damn good where i live [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] ).

*holds up needle nose pliers*

</font>

Dude, I live in Alabama. You can't get more American.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-16, 9:06 PM #17
having my wisdom tooths removed didn't hurt that bad, only needed painkiller med the first day, aka right after i left the place plus the fact i had swallowed alots of blood made me throw em back up but after that never tounched the pills and was fine from that point on *Shungs* never did hurt other than the first day, but it was sort of wierd that he put this mask on me bam i woke up in the waiting room w/ my mouth all numb, and i was like... cool!

one thing that i didn't like bout the wisdom deal was the fact that 1 week later i was in the mountains and bout 2 week later i was out backpacking so it was bit of a pain to haul around the needle thing to clean ur holes plus i got infected on one of my tooth from not being able to clean it up good enough but we went to the local desternist and he sticked in some swabs and gave a bit of pill and i was fine after that. *shungs*

------------------
Echoman: If I can create energy from stupidity, the world's power supply will never end...
Echoman: If I can create energy from stupidity, the world's power supply will never end...
2004-08-16, 9:56 PM #18
I thought getting my teeth out was great fun! No pain, he just pulled and pulled and it made this wonderful *crick!* noise and then they just slid out. The blood was a bit of an issue, but I survived.

And I didn't mind the taste of the salt water they recommended I rinse my mouth with.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.dreamtheater.net/disco_dreamtheater.php?s=sfam" TARGET=_blank> "Our deeds have traveled far,
What we have been is what we are."</A>
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-08-17, 5:52 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Dude, I live in Alabama. You can't get more American.

</font>

Strange, i always thught you were canadian.

------------------
2004-08-17, 10:02 AM #20
I think we are all a little canadian inside. unless your American. :-o

------------------

~~Because Eric does Rock Your World~~
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-17, 11:28 AM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eric2Wonderful:
I think we are all a little canadian inside. unless your American. :-o</font>
His American what?

↑ Up to the top!