Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Write civil war letters back home ITT
Write civil war letters back home ITT
2008-12-19, 3:45 PM #1
Have this playing in the background
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGqBggXvtDE&feature=related

Dear Sarah,

Last night the rebels claimed my right arm as their own. After the doc took it off, I requested to be sent home, only to have been denied. I have nothing but the continuing support for our country, but if I cannot carry a gun, how am I suppose to fight? How are we going to push forward if we have no arms to push with? Charlie says I gotta push with my mind, but I don't believe any of that nonsense. I just wanna go home. I just wanna see my kids again. I just want to see my wife again.

Lt. Dan Zacone
3rd Regiment
2008-12-19, 3:54 PM #2
John,

I saw you fighting with the Yanks last week. I hope that our regiments cross again, so that I could totally pwn your *** with no respawns and no frags.

You noob.

Private Peter Sivlings
4th Regiment
Confederate Army
2008-12-19, 5:30 PM #3
Dear Sooki,

Yesterday I saw Tommy get blow apart by an eighteen millimeter shell. Confederates got a lucky shot, my regiment was hiding behind some hills above the Rappahanok, while I crawled over the rise to look for the confederates, and the shell landed right in the center of them. Hit Tommy right in the gut, and then it exploded and tore him and two other men apart. I'm so sorry to be so blunt about this. I'm so sorry for you, Margerine, but you have to know your brother isn't coming home.

I love you.

-William.

P.S., I am a vampire. :[
2008-12-19, 5:48 PM #4
Dear Sooki,

I hope you haven't told William about us yet. He is one of my best friends, and I would hate to break his heart.

Waiting for your courtship

Bob Sneu
42nd Infantrymen
United States Army
2008-12-19, 7:12 PM #5
Tae Morag,

Ahm no' sur' wha' year its, wi'v hoad abute six ay this' no'.

Tam McGregor
Kingdom of Fife
nope.
2008-12-19, 7:43 PM #6
Dearest Anna,

I hope you are well as we most certainly are not, we attemped to assault the rebs this morning my company lost half of it's men attacking a position that was better defended, company b suffered heavier losses and only 10 men returned the rest are dead or missing. I did notice something most curious, James Howlett who lives in that small house down the way had a hole in his uniform at the chest yet he was without injury, nobody else seemed to notice and by the time i caught up with him a few hours later he was wearing a new shirt. Some day I will have to ask him about it. I love you and miss you and hope that I will see you again.

Sgt. Leonard Pnkks
6th Infantry Regiment Company A
United States Army
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-12-19, 8:15 PM #7
Dear John,

The yanks caught up with us again. By nightfall they'll be stormin our camps, takin' whatever they can get; man, gun, food, clean water, blankets, anything. I fear they won't get much of any of that, as we don't have much ourselves. If we are to live, we must act quick. Thing is, for the yanks to win, they must do the same thing. For now, it's just a chase of jackrabbit and cayote. Sooner or later, the jackrabbit is gonna tire out. I just hope that is not to-night.

Sgt. Adam Farrels
2nd Confederate Army
2008-12-20, 10:50 AM #8
May 9, 1863

To the Army of Northern Virginia, c/o General Robert E. Lee

This is a chain letter. In a fortnight you will be sent 3000 tons of chains. Just kidding, thought it might cheer you up. Since the south can't afford to send you weapons, ammunition, supplies, food or camp followers we thought this letter might brighten your day. It also was blessed by the local Reverend and will bring you good luck in your next battle, provided you send 10 copies of this letter to 10 other Confederate corps no later than the next month, including mine. If you fail to do this, your army will be decimated in the next battle, the Yankees will burn Georgia, free the darkies and your front yard will become a cemetery at the end of the war. Don't want that bad luck old friend!

Warmest Regards,

Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson

↑ Up to the top!