Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I'm in a HURRICANE!
I'm in a HURRICANE!
2004-08-13, 10:50 AM #1
I'm in a Hurricane right now... it's pretty cool... it's really fun, we're inviting people over and stuff... my room mate is so lazy he is actually sleeping through the hurricane. It's a level 4, 5 being the worse, and it's supposta hit really bad here in Orlando later tonight... I'm not really worried, cause I am having a blast joking about it. Me and my brother moved our cars into the garage, so trees don't fly into them, but we left our room mates carf int he drive way, and it's parked like 15 feet from the house.. so it looks like we put it out there for bait.. to draw the storm away from our house... I havn't had so much fun in a while... I even got the day off work.

------------------
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-13, 10:54 AM #2
i here is comming after me tommrow!

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-08-13, 10:57 AM #3
I love storms. Have fun, hope you don't die. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-13, 11:00 AM #4
Let me know how it is. I was going to drive up and ride it out, but school starts Monday and it's a 16 hour drive. :/
2004-08-13, 11:03 AM #5
I'm happy i live on the other side of the country...

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-13, 11:04 AM #6
Dude, storms are so exciting...I dunno why.

Stay safe though, man. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
deviantART gallery.
2004-08-13, 11:05 AM #7
it don't seem that bad.. just alot of rain outside.. I prepared though... I put a bucket under a leak in the cieling.. heh... anyway, another arm is about to hit, so I'm gonna sign off for a while, so my new computer doesn't get retardated..

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-13, 11:06 AM #8
Um... have fun? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
ZGPC
2004-08-13, 11:07 AM #9
I thought the hurrican before that one was going to come hit my city (Pensacola).. but instead it went east and hit in Appalatchacola.

------------------
"The quality of the levels you make is determined by the skill of the person not by the editor in which they use!"
-Michael Kyle

MAK Studios 3D
2004-08-13, 11:10 AM #10
any chances of it hitting metro atlanta >_> <_<

------------------
Why Did the Chicken Cross The Road?

>>The Bible's Answer:
And God came down from the heavens, and He said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road." And the chicken crossed the road, and there was much rejoicing.
I need a signature SO amazing, and SO funny, that when you read it, you say, "Hey, that's pretty funny."
2004-08-13, 11:12 AM #11
Is this hurricane a result of catching that cursed 20 foot fish while discussing your million dollar paycheck for your JediKnight Mod's Storyline on your high-definition satalite video-phone that you found sitting on your doorstep with a carton of eggs, in which you raised a dozen magic millionare wizards, with the power to purchas completelly overdone video-games?

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-13, 11:22 AM #12
Not clever. Plus:
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040813_1547.html

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-13, 11:23 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
Is this hurricane a result of catching that cursed 20 foot fish while discussing your million dollar paycheck for your JediKnight Mod's Storyline on your high-definition satalite video-phone that you found sitting on your doorstep with a carton of eggs, in which you raised a dozen magic millionare wizards, with the power to purchas completelly overdone video-games?

JediKirby

</font>

What?? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-08-13, 11:30 AM #14
JediKirby, your not even funny when you try to be... you really should turn on the news and watch it before assuming everything that happens is just a conspiricy to stop you from playing Laboratory

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-13, 11:31 AM #15
kIRBY, shut up please?

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-08-13, 11:44 AM #16
boing. So, you're posting here... why aren't you posting on your thread about your Lab?

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-13, 11:46 AM #17
He did. Stop bothering him about it, leave that topic in that thread, and keep this thread on this topic. If you want to badger him with your little whinings, please don't ruin my storm appreciation with it. Thank you.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-13, 11:48 AM #18
Wow. That was random. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited August 13, 2004).]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-13, 12:34 PM #19
Bah, it won't be really bad. They keep lowering the sustained wind speed. It's only at 80 now, that's barely a hurricane. I feel bad for the people in Port Charlotte that actually got the level 4 winds and rain. Btw, I am in Orlando too [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-08-13, 12:37 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Omicron88:
Let me know how it is. I was going to drive up and ride it out, but school starts Monday and it's a 16 hour drive. :/</font>

Where do you live that it's a 16 hour drive UP to Central Florida?

------------------
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2004-08-13, 12:38 PM #21
>.>

Cuba

<.<
2004-08-13, 12:40 PM #22
Anyone in the brunt of it got a decent digital camera? Some local pics of sideways trees (if only through windows) would be so very cool.

/Loves weather

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-13, 12:57 PM #23
I hear that the sea will rise 18 feet. I wish I was down there.
2004-08-13, 12:57 PM #24
Totally. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] Spiral, man, you must take pictures.

------------------
deviantART gallery.
2004-08-13, 1:18 PM #25
Alas, my Digital Camera batterys are dead, I can only take pictures in the range of my computer (cause it works when attached to the computer) also, it'll probably be too dark for anything to show up on the pictures.. i need ALOT of light for my digital camera to work, and the eye is supposta get here at around 8 or 9 pm (about 1-2 hours)

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-13, 1:19 PM #26
The rain is blowing like 3 different ways.. it's more cool than scary

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-13, 1:23 PM #27
I envy you. I really love storms!

The only thing I'd hate is having something expensive I own be damaged or destroyed, which is why I'd only stay in a storm when on vacation somewhere. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Speaking of which, I was in cape cod a few years ago when there was a pretty big storm. Waves rose up about 15-20 feet high, and I saw some people surfing. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-13, 1:32 PM #28
Nature's fury can be beautiful in a way. Just stay safe.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-13, 2:03 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
Nature's fury can be beautiful in a way. Just stay safe.

</font>

Kind of like the Day after Tommorrow, only without excessive cgi and a warm storm instead of a cold one.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-13, 10:01 PM #30
it's suposta come in around 8o'clock in the moring, but i wonder if my mail will still run...

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-08-16, 9:35 AM #31
No rain, sleet, snow or hail could ever stop the mail man. You think a lousy hurricane can??? :P

------------------
I felt like destroying something beautiful.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2004-08-16, 10:03 AM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
I'm happy i live on the other side of the country...

</font>

My sentaments exactly.

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-08-16, 10:10 AM #33
Just dont go out for a smoke and you'll be fine LOL
2004-08-16, 12:39 PM #34
Good luck with the drive from Cuba.

The hurricane wasn't that bad here (in north-west Orlando) but it was nasty in other areas. My grandparents live near the airport and everything around them was torn up. We spent all day yesterday cleaning up just one tree from their backyard. I'll try to get pics, if I can get my camera working.

------------------
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2004-08-16, 5:47 PM #35
My store's sales (Publix supermarket) was on par with day-before-Easter..twice in a row -- and we closed six hours early on Friday! Nothing hit Gainesville, but Fort Meyers was torn apart..literally.

------------------
The Truth about Bowling for Columbine
woot!
2004-08-16, 7:28 PM #36
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
I hear that the sea will rise 18 feet. I wish I was down there.</font>

I wish you were down there too. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-17, 7:23 AM #37
This sucks, my power has been out for 3 days and it's supposta be out for 7 more days. When I get my power back, I'll post some pictures of around town.

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-17, 7:43 AM #38
good, and if it hit orlando, pls tell me disneyland is ok

------------------
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our souls
nope.
2004-08-17, 10:05 AM #39
Spiral, what area of town do you live in?

------------------
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2004-08-17, 12:55 PM #40
Walt Disney World had power back the night OF the Hurricane. I saw 6 power trucks racing to Disney that night, and I work for Disney, and I had to be at work the next day. As for my house, the power will be out until next Monday I think, I am staying with a friend until then. My house is in Kissimmee FL right around Midevil Times. The eye passed less than 5 miles from my house, which meands we got the eyewall.. the worse part there is.. (there is no weather in the eye) 110 mph winds, and luckly the hurricane was a level 2 when it got to us, instead of the level 4 that Ft. Meyers got.

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||

↑ Up to the top!