Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Oh crapola( TW layind down the law)
Oh crapola( TW layind down the law)
2008-12-26, 2:59 PM #1
(I rebooted so I lost what I copied - here is the summary)

"Stop downloading copy write material or we will kill your internet connection, thank you, Time Warner Cable."

Though it's odd, the message said I've been giving several prior warnings through e-mail (I didn't.) Also this came up after 5 days without using my ISP.

Anyone ever gotten one of these before?

How does this tracking work? If it's by the computer, I'm screwed, because it's almost 6 years of torrents. But if it's by ISP, I've only downloaded a couple gigs in the past year.
2008-12-26, 3:24 PM #2
Got wireless? Got leech.
2008-12-26, 4:08 PM #3
Seems like sort of thing an ISP would give notice through a call or mail, not email. Then again, I never gave my ISP my email notice so maybe TW does things differently.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-12-26, 6:04 PM #4
You'd receive actual, written notice.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2008-12-26, 6:06 PM #5
Sounds like TW really sucks.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-12-26, 6:09 PM #6
Well I'm going to still download crap, if they want to cancel my internet all that means is I will be more productive with my time.

I just thought it was really odd. And besides, I can get WiFi if I go walk down the hallway if they do shut it down.
2008-12-26, 8:03 PM #7
My ISP sends that **** to the e-mail address THEY supply, which I have never checked, not even once.
2008-12-27, 9:33 AM #8
Wasn't it Time Warner to be the first to really start cracking down on illegal downloading?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-12-27, 11:01 AM #9
There was a round of spam awhile back that was worded similarly, contained a link to a comprimsed web server. Ignore it.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

↑ Up to the top!