Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye
2008-12-27, 9:21 PM #1
Just saw the movie tonight, it was alright. More imporantly though, its driving me nuts to find out what cellphone the girl Rachel was using.

Its white and looked like a PDA/keyboard phone. Most likely on the Sprint network, since I saw their name advertized on the HTC Touch Jerry was using.

Any ideas on this?
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2008-12-28, 2:08 AM #2
terrible movie
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-12-28, 3:21 AM #3
Originally posted by Onimusha.:
Any ideas on this?

It's a ****ing movie?
2008-12-28, 3:32 AM #4
Why the hell does this even matter?

o.0
2008-12-28, 8:12 AM #5
I could say the same for you all having a hernia over the little nuances in the dark knight, and because I'd never seen a phone like it before.
-Martyn
2008-12-28, 8:55 AM #6
Originally posted by Rob:
It's a ****ing movie?

We already worked that out mate.
He asked a question about the cellphone, silly.
2008-12-28, 9:12 AM #7
That's assuming if people really want to rewatch that film...
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-12-28, 9:17 AM #8
Rob fails at reading comprehension. I did a search for the phone, but couldn't come up with anything besides references to the HTC Touch or the Blackberry Storm.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-12-28, 1:32 PM #9
Thanks timeworlf, I've been searching with no avail as well. Oh well.
-Martyn
2008-12-28, 2:46 PM #10
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
Rob fails at reading comprehension. I did a search for the phone, but couldn't come up with anything besides references to the HTC Touch or the Blackberry Storm.

It's a movie.

IE, Fiction.

Strong possibility it isn't a real ****ing phone you three brain cell kid in a million brain cell town.
2008-12-28, 2:48 PM #11
The movie had more product placement than I, Robot, it was most likely a real phone.
2008-12-28, 3:06 PM #12
Quote:
It's a movie.

IE, Fiction.

Strong possibility it isn't a real ****ing phone you three brain cell kid in a million brain cell town.

As timewolf said there was major product placement in the movie, as I said with the sprint comment. It doesn't take a rocket scientiest, or even someone with such brain defying intellect such as yourself rob, to figure out that if more then one phone in the movie is real, they most likely ALL are.

Why don't you read properly instead of being a douche with nothing better to do on a sunday night then throw insults over his keyboard like you so commonly do, hm?
-Martyn
2008-12-28, 4:45 PM #13

Wow. I laughed
2008-12-28, 4:54 PM #14
Originally posted by Onimusha.:
As timewolf said there was major product placement in the movie, as I said with the sprint comment. It doesn't take a rocket scientiest, or even someone with such brain defying intellect such as yourself rob, to figure out that if more then one phone in the movie is real, they most likely ALL are.

Why don't you read properly instead of being a douche with nothing better to do on a sunday night then throw insults over his keyboard like you so commonly do, hm?

Awww, look at the balls on mister extra chromosome.

I don't think you get to insult my intelligence, sir. For one, your posts are "contentless" drivel, how can I expect you to make an oberservation about a work of fiction, worth a damn? I don't go out and see these crap hour and a half long advertising reels.

Just becuase a phone in a movie operates on a real life network, does not mean it's a real phone or that it will function like it does on screen. If you had one ounce of smart for every pound of stupid you might see that I make a valid point, instead of bandwaggoning because this is the one thread a week you make where everyone isn't on your case for having extra chromosomes.
2008-12-28, 5:31 PM #15
-yawn- :master:
-Martyn
2008-12-28, 5:32 PM #16
Why don't you go "de-charge" your motherboard in a bucket of water?
2008-12-28, 6:18 PM #17
Once I hung all the disbelief I own on the coat rack I enjoyed Eagle Eye.

But you g uys are both douchebags.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-12-28, 6:43 PM #18
Rob's Achilles heel is his failure to understand when to stop. Sometimes he pulls off some great trolls, and sometimes he just self destructs. Well, maybe usually, but what ever.
2008-12-28, 7:54 PM #19
this thread = XD

Onimusha, it was an LG Rumor.
2008-12-28, 7:56 PM #20
Haha, Rob was wrong Onimusha was right.
2008-12-28, 8:54 PM #21

Just becuase a phone in a movie operates on a real life network, does not mean it's a real phone or that it will function like it does on screen. If you had one ounce of smart for every pound of stupid you might see that I make a valid point, instead of bandwaggoning because this is the one thread a week you make where everyone isn't on your case for having extra chromosomes.

Actually, I think they usually take these kinds of opportunities for product placement. I realize the case is already closed, but whatevs.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-12-29, 5:04 AM #22
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:

Could well be the BlackBerry Storm, its all the rage at the moment.
The mere fact that a movie is totally fictional, is rather immaterial, but directors like to add realism to films, using a new or current objects i.e. cellphone, and the companies that sell them make a decent buck. Well its just making the films connect with the people who watch them.

It's a movie.

IE, Fiction.

Okay get down from the soapbox Rob.
Liven up, its a thread :).
2008-12-29, 9:47 AM #23
anyone that buys something because they saw someone use it in a movie is dumb

o.0
2008-12-29, 9:56 AM #24

I don't think you get to insult my intelligence, sir. For one, your posts are "contentless" drivel, how can I expect you to make an oberservation about a work of fiction, worth a damn?

I really like when people get insulted about their intelligence. They tend to use larger words to counter said insult. Its really quite comical.

On a serious note:
Rob, lighten up. Its just a thread. You don't need to prove anything to anyone on the internet. While it is a fictional movie, there is a pretty good chance the product is real. Perhaps he wanted to know cause he thought the phone looked cool? Answering they way you did was uncalled for. State your opinion and move on dude.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2008-12-29, 9:59 AM #25
Seriously? The drama in this thread is awesome
2008-12-29, 11:01 AM #26
Lmao that it is.

I actually liked the movie...
2008-12-29, 11:42 AM #27
Once again Rob raises the bar of douchebaggery. :neckbeard:
DO NOT WANT.
2008-12-29, 2:47 PM #28
Hey thanks alot for the info on the LG. Good find.

And I wasn't planning on buying it, I had just never seen it before, and I like to keep up to date with the current cell phones and research their features etc, since I sell cell plans for a living.
-Martyn
2008-12-29, 4:52 PM #29
Originally posted by Zell:
Once again Rob raises the bar of douchebaggery. :neckbeard:

Too right.
2008-12-29, 11:26 PM #30
Originally posted by Greenboy:
anyone that buys something because they saw someone use it in a movie is dumb

Assuming they can afford it, why?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2008-12-30, 1:27 AM #31
because i said so on the internet

actually, its ok if you buy something -awesome-

like a tank

cellphones arent awesome

o.0
2008-12-30, 3:56 AM #32
sometimes they can be awesome

like that one in transformers that they put into that little box and it turned into a robot cell phone and it had a tiny machine gun on its shoulder
2008-12-30, 4:19 AM #33
After watching Pulp Fiction, I wanted a Kahuna burger.

MMMM. I heard they make some damn good burgers.
2008-12-30, 6:08 AM #34
After watching Pulp Fiction, I wanted Uma Thurman.
2008-12-30, 9:16 AM #35
Five dollar milkshake.
2008-12-30, 10:10 AM #36
Originally posted by Jin:
After watching Pulp Fiction, I wanted Uma Thurman.

Too right :P
She's still not bad now.
2008-12-31, 1:53 PM #37
I started rolling my own cigarettes, doing heroin, ordering raw steak, and giving biblical speeches after Pulp Fiction.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-12-31, 2:00 PM #38
Originally posted by Spook:
I started rolling my own cigarettes, doing heroin, ordering raw steak, and giving biblical speeches after Pulp Fiction.

I got two complices, a basement, and a whole lot of victims.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.

↑ Up to the top!