Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Now its your turn.
Now its your turn.
2004-08-17, 10:44 AM #1
I need good ideas for a Single Player level.

thx

------------------
SpriteMod (JO 2003)
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-08-17, 10:46 AM #2
Make it a "Great Escape" type thing about people trying to escape from a Grammar Nazi prison. Or something. :\

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-17, 10:47 AM #3
You must be pretty uncreative and boring if you can not, at all, come up with single player ideas...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-17, 10:54 AM #4
Break into an Imperial base to steal their plans for a new single-player level that will indoctrinate millions upon millions of Galactic citizens.

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-17, 11:02 AM #5
Kill Ninjas, all you do, all of the level, just a box, filled with ninjas

------------------
What happens when you cast heal on the undead?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-08-17, 11:05 AM #6
I like Wolfy's idea best, but I swear I've played a level like that before.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-17, 1:57 PM #7
A lone soldier vs the minions of hell on a secluded mars base, in near dark. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]
2004-08-17, 2:13 PM #8
You play as Jesus and have to convert the unfaithful?
Thats all I got.
Itd need Kung Fu

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-08-17, 2:20 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Overlord:
You play as Jesus and have to convert the unfaithful?
Thats all I got.
Itd need Wire-Fu and hot, bullet-time-fighting-rabbis-and-tax-collectors action.
</font>
Fixed for awesomeness.
2004-08-17, 2:37 PM #10
ooh ooh, and when you die you come back as ZOMBIE Jesus

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-08-17, 2:49 PM #11
HOLY ZOMBIE JESUS!

------------------
[insert various humourous anecdotes here]
2004-08-17, 3:06 PM #12
I started planning out a whole Single player campaign for JK (4-8 levels worth) back when JK was in it's prime. Ironically enough I called it Call of Duty, I really should have trademarked that name. Then I found out that I couldn’t level edit for the life of me, so I gave it up. I guess if you want some of the basic premises I can give them to you, but I think they might be a bit to complicated for a simply SP project...

If you really want an Idea for a SP level, give me some generic outlines (scope, theme, tech base, and/or anything else) and a bit of time and I can bang one together for you, I’m good at that sort of stuff... (and not a whole lot else).

------------------
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2004-08-18, 2:39 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by West Wind:
I started planning out a whole Single player campaign for JK (4-8 levels worth) back when JK was in it's prime. Ironically enough I called it Call of Duty, I really should have trademarked that name. Then I found out that I couldn’t level edit for the life of me, so I gave it up. I guess if you want some of the basic premises I can give them to you, but I think they might be a bit to complicated for a simply SP project...

If you really want an Idea for a SP level, give me some generic outlines (scope, theme, tech base, and/or anything else) and a bit of time and I can bang one together for you, I’m good at that sort of stuff... (and not a whole lot else).

</font>

No Star Wars, Nowdays, many goodies, weaps....

------------------
SpriteMod (JO 2003)
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-08-18, 7:29 AM #14
OH OH OH! You could make yet another FPS SP level where you have to kill a bunch of terrorists because they're bad.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-18, 7:34 AM #15
make something set during WW1 that war gets no love from game developers

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-08-18, 7:54 AM #16
Make a level in which you are the bad guy and you must blow up earth. the end. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
crap happens...

↑ Up to the top!