Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Post your New Years resolutions.
Post your New Years resolutions.
2009-01-01, 12:57 PM #1
Time to post some New Years resolutions that you will promise to uphold (but probably won't.) So get off your lazy rears, think about what are some issues and goals in your life, envision yourself completing those tasks, and go back to bed. :v:

For me:
-Stop thinking that one minute of working on a computer warrants 5 minutes of doing something pointless (under the pretense that I'm thinking up new ideas for the next step.)

-Stop staring at my drafting table thinking I'm "seeing" what I will produce. It never works.

-Find out why I'm tired when I need to be alert and active and why I'm alert and active when I'm suppose to be going to sleep.

-Stop picking up my Jack Russel Terrier, blow into it's belly to make a wet fart sound and watch it frantically run around as a result. This is not right.

-Work faster.

-Be more willing to be resourceful. After one solution for a certain problem doesn't work, don't say "f**k it" and wait for the same solution to work.

-Stop being purposely "creative" to solve certain problems. Sometimes it works because it works.

-Stop believing, because its midnight, that it's "genius time!" and is the high point of critical thinking. Any hour of the day works fine too.

-Stop believing that because I stayed up all night to do something, I produced something good. More pain and alcohol doesn't mean I'm Hunter Thompson.

-Realize playing video games is not a substitute to sitting down and thinking things through.

-Stop being paranoid thinking that peers are doing things better than me. Because they usually just are.

-Eat less Good n' Plenty's. Because they are overwhelming mild candies, it won't be any less than a distraction when working.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-01-01, 1:10 PM #2
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
-Stop picking up my Jack Russel Terrier, blow into it's belly to make a wet fart sound and watch it frantically run around as a result. This is not right.

Video, now.
2009-01-01, 1:11 PM #3
( null )
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-01-01, 1:16 PM #4
1680x1050

Actually the first time I actually have a new resolution since 1998!

But anyhow, I'm gonna release A and TODOA at least on August 1st 2009 no matter what their status. If they're finished, well, that'll just be neato and I'll post it on Massassi, JKHub and TACC (yes I'll dig up Ryan just for those) and if not, well, just JKhub.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-01-01, 1:20 PM #5
1920x1200 and maybe 2560x1600 if I have money to burn.
2009-01-01, 1:22 PM #6
Die.
2009-01-01, 1:45 PM #7
I resolve to be a superhero, or Will Smith, or both.
There...are...FOUR...lights!
2009-01-01, 2:03 PM #8
I have only one:

to change my basic attitude and realize that my situation is entirely my responsibility, not the fault of: the socioeconomic situation, the president, the illuminati, terrorists, my aversion to conformity, bureaucracy, (fill in the blank with any number of rationalizations).
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-01-01, 2:17 PM #9
Resolutions are lame.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-01-01, 2:20 PM #10
I shall be writing 500 words per day for the entire year.

I expect to give up tomorrow.
2009-01-01, 2:26 PM #11
Complete the production phase of "Iraq the Musical" (working title) as well as "Kevlar Chef Ramadi".

Somehow find bourbon in Iraq.

Somehow find Scotch in Iraq.

Somehow find vodka in Iraq.

Cry when I can't find any bourbon in Iraq.

Sell my gypsy jew tears.

???

Profit.

Oh and the opposite of Freelancer. I need to stop blaming myself and find another fallguy for my failings.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2009-01-01, 2:38 PM #12
I could mail you some jack daniels inside a bible if you want.
2009-01-01, 2:41 PM #13
to find someone, WOW, im a loser, nevermind, to keep owning kids at life
2009-01-01, 3:58 PM #14
My New Years resolution was to stop smoking, so I did. I stopped smoking, and then smoked up after that.

I feel accomplished.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-01-01, 4:03 PM #15
wow badass

also mines to stop being fat
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-01-01, 4:15 PM #16
Finish my thesis, graduate and get a decent job.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2009-01-01, 4:56 PM #17
Originally posted by JM:

That'll be impressive considering the shape of the bottles. :P

Originally posted by Freelancer:
I have only one:

to change my basic attitude and realize that my situation is entirely my responsibility, not the fault of: the socioeconomic situation, the president, the illuminati, terrorists, my aversion to conformity, bureaucracy, (fill in the blank with any number of rationalizations).

Will you stop being a dick too?
nope.
2009-01-01, 5:00 PM #18
To have the feelings I have for someone special reciprocated back at me.

That is all I want.
DO NOT WANT.
2009-01-01, 5:13 PM #19
Originally posted by JM:

I'll have babies with you for that.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2009-01-01, 5:15 PM #20
Originally posted by Zell:
To have the feelings I have for someone special reciprocated back at me.

That is all I want.

You can't resolve that. Maybe you should have asked for it for Christmas. :XD:
2009-01-01, 5:17 PM #21
Quote:

rofl
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-01-01, 5:40 PM #22
Quote:
-Find out why I'm tired when I need to be alert and active and why I'm alert and active when I'm suppose to be going to sleep.

Go to sleep early, force your self, get up early, do excersise. Repeat.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2009-01-01, 6:11 PM #23
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Will you stop being a dick too?

Sure. Why the hell not?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-01-01, 10:06 PM #24
Quote:
That'll be impressive considering the shape of the bottles.
Why? The bottle is square. Like a book.

Spook, how thoroughly is your mail inspected?
2009-01-01, 11:08 PM #25
To climb mountains.
2009-01-01, 11:38 PM #26
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
You can't resolve that. Maybe you should have asked for it for Christmas. :XD:

...what?
DO NOT WANT.
2009-01-02, 12:01 AM #27
Quote:
Complete the production phase of "Iraq the Musical"

This is amazing and I love you.

For me, I'm going to step up my workout routine and eat properly (this 99% going to happen) and learn to draw (this involves consistent everyday practise and is less of a sure thing). I also want to spend less time on pointless crap. I've pretty much got TV and videogames beat, but I still need to lose the internet forum crack habit.

I also have to decide what I want to do after I graduate college in April:

1) Join the army.
or
2) Put my music degree to good use (aka unemployed).
or
3) Get some kind of regular lame job but move somewhere really wicked like Hawaii.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-01-02, 10:08 AM #28
Originally posted by Zell:
...what?

You can't resolve that someone else is going to do something. Resolutions are things that you decide you're going to do.
2009-01-02, 12:11 PM #29
Practice guitar everyday

Most important one: Always finish my soda. I have a terrible terrible habit of having 5 cans on my desk each with at least 1/4th left.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-01-02, 12:12 PM #30
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
You can't resolve that someone else is going to do something. Resolutions are things that you decide you're going to do.

My resolution was to do everything within my power to make it happen.
DO NOT WANT.
2009-01-02, 12:24 PM #31
Quote:
I expect to give up tomorrow.
I didn't. Neat.
2009-01-02, 12:35 PM #32
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Most important one: Always finish my soda. I have a terrible terrible habit of having 5 cans on my desk each with at least 1/4th left.

For you shouldnt it be to not drink more soda? with the diet you were talking about at Penn state I dont know how you havent had a heart attack yet
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-01-02, 12:40 PM #33
Last years resolution was to lose 30 lbs, and I lost 50, so this year I'm aiming for another 30.
Think while it's still legal.
2009-01-02, 1:40 PM #34
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Practice guitar everyday

I sort of like soda that's been sitting around for a day or two and there's only a little bit left in the bottom. But maybe I'm weird.
2009-01-02, 1:54 PM #35
Originally posted by Tracer:
I also want to spend less time on pointless crap. I've pretty much got TV and videogames beat, but I still need to lose the internet forum crack habit.

Noooooooooo! You have to keep posting for NeS! ;_;
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2009-01-02, 2:00 PM #36
Originally posted by JM:
Why? The bottle is square. Like a book.

Spook, how thoroughly is your mail inspected?

They're also effing thick.
nope.
2009-01-02, 2:28 PM #37
- Finish my book

- Lose the last 25 pounds and reach my goal of 200lbs

- Attend more social activities, therefore hopefully getting back in the dating curve.

- Have a trip during the summer. No destinations planned yet.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless

↑ Up to the top!