Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 2008 BCS Championship (college football)
2008 BCS Championship (college football)
2009-01-04, 8:38 PM #1
Anyone else interested in this? I thought it was important enough to make a thread. Hopefully I'm not the only one who cares.
2009-01-04, 8:39 PM #2
Hate both these teams. Hate the Sooners more. Go Florida.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-01-04, 9:28 PM #3
I accidentally wrote "BS Championship" instead of "BCS Championship" in the poll. That's actually kind of how it is, though.
2009-01-04, 11:39 PM #4
Anybody watch the Sugar Bowl? Utah's first quarter was one of the coolest things I've seen in college football.
2009-01-08, 11:44 AM #5
Bumped for game night.

BTW, shouldn't thread title read "2008 BCS Second-Place Game"?
2009-01-08, 11:49 AM #6
Pfft, Sooners, losing to a WAC team in 2006. I have no faith in them.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-01-08, 11:54 AM #7
All I know is, and for all I care Texas can burn like Waco
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-01-08, 12:12 PM #8
Texas is the best team in the country. But Utah deserves the championship for not blowing their undefeated season against a team like Texas Tech or Ole Miss.
2009-01-08, 12:18 PM #9
:carl:
2009-01-08, 12:24 PM #10
playoffs :ninja:
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-01-08, 1:15 PM #11
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Texas is the best team in the country. But Utah deserves the championship for not blowing their undefeated season against a team like Texas Tech or Ole Miss.

I'm not so sure I would compare Ole Miss to Texas Tech. TT had arguably the best and most explosive offense in the country.

I can agree with your Texas statement though. They were very precise that entire Fiesta Bowl. McKoy was a ****ing monster. I also agree with the Utah statement. Undefeated + dominating arguably a #1 team in Alabama definitely deserves a shot at a championship.

Tonight I'm really hoping Oklahoma wins. I'm not a fan of Tim Tebow at all. Sam Bradford is the man

But alas, **** the BCS
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-01-08, 1:33 PM #12
Originally posted by mscbuck:
I'm not so sure I would compare Ole Miss to Texas Tech. TT had arguably the best and most explosive offense in the country.

I probably wouldn't have made the comparison either before Ole Miss dismantled Tech in the Cotton Bowl. I don't think Tech was nearly as good as advertised this year. I don't mean to suggest we should downgrade Texas any more than we already have because of that loss, just that it was a bad loss -- very arguably a fluke -- against a team Texas definitely should have beaten.
2009-01-08, 2:37 PM #13
I live in Gainesville and therefor automatically vote against the gators :P
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2009-01-08, 3:04 PM #14
Bumped for game night.

No. Even if it was a second-place game, who gets first place? Utah? Texas? USC?
2009-01-08, 3:13 PM #15
Utah. Under the pre-BCS system, there'd have been no question that Utah was the national champion. They played a legitimate schedule (which would have been even better if Michigan hadn't sucked), they didn't lose, and their win over Alabama might be the best victory any team has had all year.

Texas and USC would both deserve a shot if we had a playoff. So would the winner of tonight's game. But Utah's performance this season stands out above anyone else's.
2009-01-08, 5:08 PM #16
As much as I hate OU (being an OSU man myself) I gotta go for Oklahoma.
Warhead[97]
2009-01-08, 5:26 PM #17
Manny Johnson got KTFO.
2009-01-08, 7:56 PM #18
Haha. That's absolutely right.
2009-01-08, 8:36 PM #19
I'm just waiting for the BCS to monumentally **** up and everyone demands a playoff system.

And we can get rid of this ridiculous ranking system.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2009-01-08, 8:38 PM #20
lawl tebow jump pass

Originally posted by dalf:
I'm just waiting for the BCS to monumentally **** up and everyone demands a playoff system.

And we can get rid of this ridiculous ranking system.

Well, you can stop waiting. The BCS put the wrong team in this game. Maybe the wrong two teams.
2009-01-08, 11:17 PM #21
lawl tebow jump pass

Well, you can stop waiting. The BCS put the wrong team in this game. Maybe the wrong two teams.

We do need a playoff, but I think UF would still win.

Also, Utah wasn't the only team to beat Alabama.
2009-01-08, 11:21 PM #22
They were, however, the only team to beat Alabama by two touchdowns.

Edit: This is not to say that Florida definitely wouldn't beat Utah. Unfortunately, we don't know, and that's why we could use a four-team playoff after the bowls. All I'm saying is that Utah's performed the best this season.
2009-01-08, 11:27 PM #23
Then it should have been Florida vs Utah.

Also:

↑ Up to the top!