Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dumbing it up
Dumbing it up
2004-08-17, 7:54 AM #41
So...let's just launch them nukes!

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-08-17, 7:55 AM #42
Don't let bush do it, he'll destroy washington and he'll sue someone for not telling him nukes blew stuff up

------------------
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our souls
nope.
2004-08-17, 11:13 AM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
How about we leave the wit to the British?</font>

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-17, 11:37 AM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:
Americans have to be the most absent-minded and/or dumbest people on the planet.</font>
It's not that all Americans are idiots, it's that most idiots tend to be American.
2004-08-17, 11:53 AM #45
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
Some things I really hate that were ruined by stupid people:

Rear seat car windows not going all the way down. Why? Because some kids were dumb enough to fall out of the back because their parents were dumb enough not to buckle them in? Meh. I want to sit in the back and I want my window all the way down!

</font>

Actually, I'm fairly certain the reason that a lot of back windows in cars don't go down is because the back wheel well is in the way. I used to think it was because of small children as well until my father said it was because of the wheel well. And if you'll notice, in cars that the back windows don't come all the way down the wheel well is almost always in the way. I say almost always, but I've yet to see a wheel well not in the way.

------------------
yay for not posting much ever
enjoy.music
yay for not posting much ever
2004-08-17, 11:54 AM #46
SNL is gold. "Bill Brasky is a sunnuva*****!"

It spawned Farley, Sandler, and Ferrel.

While not the most witty comedic goldmine, it's still a goldmine. Most American humor relies on some sort of crude humor. Admittedly, it's not for all.

But yeah, I say...eat more chicken.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-17, 12:01 PM #47
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Boco:
Definately leave wit to the british, american comedy is mind-numbing, saturday night like is the biggest load of carp ever</font>

Whose Line Is It Anyway? Sure, it may have been a British idea, but it's the American/Canadian actors that made it work: Greg Proops, Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady, Colin Mochrie.

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-17, 12:15 PM #48
I never saw the American version, but the British version was fantastic. Paul Merton is a comedy genius.

The original British version had 10 series.

British comedy has often had American versions, and it's almost exclusively terrible. Fawlty Towers and Are you being served have both suffered this fate, as well as various Monty Python sketches. Oh and Red Dwarf. weep.

[This message has been edited by Mort-Hog (edited August 17, 2004).]
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-08-17, 1:29 PM #49
The British Version of Whose Line is TERRIBLE comapared to the American Version. The British Verision relied too much on crude jokes, games that focused more on skill than humor, and really lousy lighting.

------------------
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2004-08-17, 1:59 PM #50
Have I Got News For You
Coupling (i've heard the american version is really bad)
Yes Minister
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-08-17, 2:12 PM #51
Black Books
Blackadder
The Goon Show (although that was radio)
And the UK version of The Sketch Show is the only sketch show on TV worth watching, it's actually funny

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-17, 2:32 PM #52
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
I'm with you Kirby. Do we really need "Do Not Stop On Tracks" signs? If you are dumb enough to stop your cars on train tracks, you desevre getting hit by the train. It's really a shame that our society is promoting and rewarding stupid behavior.

</font>

Yes. But do the people on the train deserve to die because of someone being that idiotic?

These signs don't just protect idiots from themselves, but they also protect other people from idiots.

------------------
╔═════════════╦══════════════════╗
║ TheJkWhoSaysNi║ -----@% (Snail racing. ) .║
╠═════════════╩══════════════════╣
║Warning: This post may contain traces of nut║
╚════════════════════════════════╝
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-08-18, 10:33 AM #53
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If we didn't have so many signs and warnings, maybe natural selection would solve the world's many crisis'?</font>

Natural Selection WILL occur, whether or not there are warning signs posted everywhere. You can't stop nature or the course of it. Eventually, it'll happen, its inevitable.
2004-08-18, 10:53 AM #54
Wow, alot of you guys are really ignorant.

Go to any European country (especially the UK) and tell me you can't find just as many slackjawed morons as you would in the US. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]
2004-08-18, 11:20 AM #55
yeah, But what happens in europe is nothing compared to what the US media makes of their own idiots...

as for the coffe lady... I don't have a cup holder in my car... But i'm not dumb enough to hold scalding hot coffee between my legs, a bottle of pop or water or something... all you get from that is a sticky mess to clean up, not burns.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-08-18, 11:21 AM #56
Well, when I'm done with it, there'll be notes on computer mice saying "Do not strangle people."

------------------
What happens when you cast heal on the undead?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-08-18, 11:56 AM #57
Thankfully, despite warnings, natural selection is still at work.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

------------------
Four dimensions, four fundamental forces... coincidence?
Stuff
2004-08-18, 2:00 PM #58
Heh, I've got the Darwin Awards book. I find it very, very hard to believe that people can die in the most stupidest ways.

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™ - Now with 38% more Spam
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.

↑ Up to the top!