Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Just incase you weren't Informed.
Just incase you weren't Informed.
2004-08-17, 3:05 PM #1
[http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/gen001227.jpg]

those are the one and only penny arcade guys. i always respected them for like being cool and still like not cool. theres nothing wrong with being geeky, but i feel lead on:-p

then again if they made a comic about a fat bald guy and a skinny nerd it wouldnt be that sucessful..

your thoughts?

------------------

~~Because Eric does Rock Your World~~
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-17, 3:14 PM #2
Picture doesn't seem to want to load. How odd. But yeah, they don't look the same as the people in the comic. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-17, 3:36 PM #3
yea i dont get whats going on with the picture but you can clikc on properties and get the URL.

------------------

░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-17, 3:39 PM #4
That isn't quite how I pictured them too look. Not even danged close.
2004-08-17, 3:49 PM #5
Well, what did you expect? Do you really think there are many geeks who look like Gabe and Tycho?

------------------
Some of you should learn to think a bit and discover - *gasp* - that someone can dislike Michael Moore, Kerry, and Bush!
-Wolfy
2004-08-17, 3:51 PM #6
I've seen their picture ages ago. They still rock.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-17, 4:32 PM #7
Eric, thanks for giving me credit :P

------------------
Punktkerbe | www.hl2central.net
2004-08-17, 4:40 PM #8
Alrighty then

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-17, 4:54 PM #9
Firefox tip of the day: If the picture doesn't load, drag and drop the broken link icon to the address bar.

------------------
Your humble opinion is wrong.
2004-08-17, 4:56 PM #10
Yeah I think Tycho's on the far right, and Gabe's in the middle. Mainly because Gabe should have dark hair, and be about mid-sized. That's just me though, for all I know Tycho could be someone in the crowd. <_<

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-17, 5:24 PM #11
Whew..it's slow...

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo
2004-08-17, 5:50 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Yeah I think Tycho's on the far right, and Gabe's in the middle. Mainly because Gabe should have dark hair, and be about mid-sized. That's just me though, for all I know Tycho could be someone in the crowd. <_<

</font>

Tycho is the fat,blad one. Gabe is the skinny,tall, nerdy one with the nearly shaved head. Or I have the two switched, but I'm positive it's those two guys that are them.

------------------
Punktkerbe | www.hl2central.net
2004-08-17, 6:25 PM #13
Picture is totally not working for me, even opened on it's own in a new window..

But yeah i have seen them before, it may be a bit misleading, but hey we love them anyways [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

If you want /really/ misleading/surprising, go see Ash in Alien and then Bilbo in LotR :boggles:

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"That's why we had to beat you with tennis rackets".
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-08-17, 6:39 PM #14
Yeah, the PA guys look way different than the comic versions.

"If you want /really/ misleading/surprising, go see Ash in Alien and then Bilbo in LotR :boggles:"
Care to explain?

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-08-17, 6:44 PM #15
Theyre both Ian Holme.. it blew my mind how different he looked.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"That's why we had to beat you with tennis rackets".
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');

[This message has been edited by Dormouse (edited August 17, 2004).]
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-08-17, 11:58 PM #16
Well, eh, that's what the passage of nearly thirty years and hobbity make-up does?

Can't say that Ash looks all that different from Priest in the 5th Element. I mean, sure, he looks older, but not unrecognizeable.

------------------
Worth a million in prizes, baby.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2004-08-18, 12:33 AM #17
OMQ! DIFFARANS!!

Er... yeah.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-18, 4:26 AM #18
Ok. heres the link for where the picture is. if you put your mouse on it you can see who is who. you will be suprised.

http://www.planetgamecube.com/specials.cfm?action=profile&id=367

------------------

░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-18, 7:22 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mystic0:
Firefox tip of the day: If the picture doesn't load, drag and drop the broken link icon to the address bar.

</font>

Or Right click > Veiw Image

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-08-18, 3:10 PM #20
Come on dude, we all know that Drag 'n Drop (TM) is much more sexy!

------------------
Your humble opinion is wrong.

↑ Up to the top!