Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cheap DVDs
Cheap DVDs
2009-01-08, 7:45 PM #1
So this one is for you DVD-aholics, I know theres a few of you here.

Looking to buy some DVDs, wheres a good place to get them online? Interested in sci-fi series (stargate atlantis, battlestar, far scape, andromeda, firefly) and some TV drama (burn notice, sara conner, house, bones, sopranos).

EDIT: also without reviving a thread off page one, thanks to the guys who were helping me out with the monitor problems, hooked up the DVI cable and installed the new and current ATI drivers that finally work. Things look and run much better now.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-01-09, 12:48 AM #2
amazon and ebay

also hit up the $5 bin at wal-mart
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-01-09, 5:24 AM #3
Yeah, thats kind of what i thought. Just wanted to check anyway. I love the five dollar bin but they hardly ever have widescreen =(
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-01-09, 7:02 AM #4
Netflix + a bit of DMCA dodging? :p
2009-01-09, 7:46 AM #5
How do Wal-Mart's prices compare? I've always heard they sell DVDs at a loss.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-01-09, 9:57 AM #6
Originally posted by Onimusha.:
Yeah, thats kind of what i thought. Just wanted to check anyway. I love the five dollar bin but they hardly ever have widescreen =(

with the exception of a couple movies i've had no trouble finding widescreen versions of movies that should have widescreen versions

another place to look if you ave one is big lots... the selection is usually crap but occasionally you'll find some good movies for $3 of course they do have a tendency to not have widescreen versions of some movies that do have a widescreen version available

but also keep in mind older films (almost anything before the 50s and some during the 50s) will be in full screen because their correct aspect ratio is 1.37:1

also many made for tv films (and tv shows) will be in full screen because as they were made for broadcast they were often framed for 1.33:1 (newer tv shows and made for tv films are often 1.78:1)
eat right, exercise, die anyway

↑ Up to the top!