Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I Love Bees!
I Love Bees!
2004-08-16, 12:45 PM #1
http://www.ilovebees.com

Some kind of promotion for Halo 2. Not quite sure what's supposed to be going on, but from the scraps of information you're given, it seems to outline how the Covenant found Earth. If you can figure out anything beyond that, tell me, 'cause I'm pretty much lost.

------------------
Some of you should learn to think a bit and discover - *gasp* - that someone can dislike Michael Moore, Kerry, and Bush!
-Wolfy
2004-08-16, 1:07 PM #2
I've only followed bits and pieces via Halo.bungie.org. It seems pretty stupid to me. Bungie has nothing to do with it, it's all fan based.

I personally found the Enkidu Terminals to be alot better.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!

[This message has been edited by phoenix_9286 (edited August 16, 2004).]
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-08-16, 2:04 PM #3
How did the fans manage to get the url www.ilovebees.com into the Halo 2 theatrical trailer? Or was that not actually true?

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-16, 2:08 PM #4
I'll check the trailer when I get home. Unless it's hidden, I don't think it was there.

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2004-08-16, 2:20 PM #5
it supposedly flashed from www.halo2.com (or whatever) to www.ilovebees.com at the end there for a brief moment, whic is what started the whole thing. I was under the impression it was a fun promotional stunt.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-16, 2:43 PM #6
It IS in the theatrical trailer. It's at the end, when the XBOX logo pops up. For a brief second, www.xbox.com changes to www.ilovebees.com. So even if Bungie isn't involved, I highly doubt it's fan-based.

------------------
Some of you should learn to think a bit and discover - *gasp* - that someone can dislike Michael Moore, Kerry, and Bush!
-Wolfy
2004-08-16, 3:10 PM #7
Yup. Demo comes out the 24th.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-16, 7:04 PM #8
Yeah, I watched my trailer again. I can't see SQUAT because of how low res it is, but I can definately see a 1 second flash-change of the URL. Someone would have to bring me up to date on all of it. I haven't been following this one. Like I said, I found Enkidu to be better. (http://enkidu.bungie.org/)

And Yoshi, Frankie from Bungie has said the Demo is a rumor. There are no plans right now for a demo and it's very probably that there will be NO demo until after Nov. 9th. Unless something has changed since then that I've missed in my daily Halo.bungie.org rounds, or you're talking about something else.

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
Last Stand
2004-08-17, 1:09 AM #9
It's derived from that I Love Bees thing, was confirmed on TechTV (or should I say G4TechTv's) G4TV.com

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-17, 3:47 PM #10
http://halo.bungie.org/oldnews.html?item=10159

That's the official say from Bungie. I'll go by that before I'll go by what a weird site and TV show says.

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
Last Stand
2004-08-17, 5:04 PM #11
Bungie isn't releasing anything "officially", they let people have the clues and interpret them as they will.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-17, 5:14 PM #12
Yes, they do, but there is no demo. Unless I misinterpreted what you were going for in that last post. From what I've observed of Bungie, they let the fans have at the pieces of information they release, but when it becomes a rumor that spreads as truth like that did, they come out and set things right.

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
Last Stand
2004-08-17, 5:21 PM #13
Hey, G4 may suck nuggets, but I still trust them to tell me the truth. They wouldn't be so stupid as to perpetuate a lie like that. Maybe Bungie's just covering up. <_<

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-18, 3:10 AM #14
I'd like to point out that the Enkidu terminals are not official.

------------------
Roach - Gyring and gimbling in the wabe...
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-18, 4:49 PM #15
I never said they were. I said I found them to be better and more thought provoking.

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!