Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What a crappy transit system
What a crappy transit system
2009-01-10, 9:26 AM #1
Saw a billboard for this driving down I-70. Thank you, home-county, for giving us this:

http://www.stcharlescitymo.gov/Residents/SCATTransitSystem/tabid/343/Default.aspx
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2009-01-10, 9:30 AM #2
The name is a little bit dumb, but 50 cents for them to pick you up where you want, and drop you off where you want? Sounds very un-crappy.
2009-01-10, 9:42 AM #3
Yea, 50 cents is cheap. I pay a buck for bus rides. Which is going to suck on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have a morning class (Buck there buck back) and a night class (Buck there and buck back.) Hopefully I'll know someone in my classes to I can catch rides.
2009-01-10, 9:51 AM #4
Seems reasonable depending on how big the city of St Charles is.
nope.
2009-01-10, 10:08 AM #5
I'd have picked a different name...
Warhead[97]
2009-01-10, 10:29 AM #6
Originally posted by Hombre:
The name is a little bit dumb, but 50 cents for them to pick you up where you want, and drop you off where you want? Sounds very un-crappy.

Originally posted by Squirrel King:
Yea, 50 cents is cheap.

Originally posted by Baconfish:
Seems reasonable depending on how big the city of St Charles is.

:carl:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2009-01-10, 10:35 AM #7
We got the joke I was just making an observation.
nope.
2009-01-10, 10:38 AM #8
Wait, so they named a transit system after Scatman John? That's interesting.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-01-10, 10:47 AM #9
Quote:
Coprophilia (from Greek κόπρος, kópros—excrement and φιλία, filía—liking, fondness), also called scat,[1] is the paraphilia involving sexual pleasure from feces.

:neckbeard:
2009-01-10, 5:55 PM #10
That's not as bad as the SLUT:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/332081_slut18.html
2009-01-11, 11:39 PM #11
Indeed, riding the SLUT sounds more amusing than riding the SCAT.

That said, I wouldn't mind having an actual, consistent and reliable route-based bus system here; all the local transportation authority does is dial-a-ride, which costs $2 and you're lucky if they pick you up in half an hour, even when you scheduled it the day before.
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...

↑ Up to the top!