Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → PS3 Co-op? LBP? R2?
PS3 Co-op? LBP? R2?
2009-01-15, 8:58 AM #1
Alright, so my dad, bro and I have decided to have ourselves little video game weekend, while the ladies are out. We'll be using my father's ps3 and I dont know much about their games.

We're looking for a fun game to play in coop. It can be 2 or 3 players.

Its been recommended to either get Resistance 2 or Little Big Planet. Are there any suggestions on confirmations would would make up a few fun ours of gaming for 2-3 players? It can be just 2 players and we'll pass the controller around too.

I'd welcome swift suggestions as I have to decide what game in the next few hours.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-01-15, 9:13 AM #2
All of my friends that have PS3 rave about LBP. I've yet to hop into the Sony boat this generation, but it sounds fun.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-01-15, 9:43 AM #3
Without having played it, it seems tough to visualize a whole weekend of playing a side-scroller game with little ragdolls and a minimal story. Of course, I can't find any concrete info on the actual playing the game in co-op so its tough to make a decision.
2009-01-15, 9:50 AM #4
Bring out the 360 and play Left 4 Dead.

On PS3, Army of Two is a decent Co-op game, and if you have enough controllers, Call of Duty 4 and 5 are fun multi-player.
2009-01-15, 9:59 AM #5
Originally posted by Hombre:
Bring out the 360 and play Left 4 Dead.

That's not an option, sadly. I'm not going to pull out my home theater to unplug my xbox XD.
2009-01-15, 12:39 PM #6
Is L4D any good on the box anyway? I thought COD4 was a turd compared to PC, figured it would be the same way for L4D, TF2, ect....
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-01-15, 12:44 PM #7
^huh?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-01-15, 12:59 PM #8
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
Is L4D any good on the box anyway? I thought COD4 was a turd compared to PC, figured it would be the same way for L4D, TF2, ect....

I think it really depends on what you're used to. FPSs on consoles have made a lot of progess in the past few years.
2009-01-15, 12:59 PM #9
Originally posted by Jep:
Without having played it, it seems tough to visualize a whole weekend of playing a side-scroller game with little ragdolls and a minimal story. Of course, I can't find any concrete info on the actual playing the game in co-op so its tough to make a decision.

Dude, this game totally pwns. The main concept was meh, but once I played it, the world changed xD

Umm, I don't have many co-op games, so I can't really help you there.
2009-01-15, 3:32 PM #10
Left 4 Dead on 360 is all kinds of awesome, particularly if you have "real" friends who can play with you "at your house" instead of internet.
2009-01-15, 3:41 PM #11
For local multiplayer, LittleBigPlanet is a better choice (supports up to 4 players). What's more, you can combine local multiplayer with online multiplayer. So if you want to have a fourth player, you can simply play online with the three of you. The game is a simplistic platformer that contains some puzzle element. That may not sound like much, but it's actual quite fun. The physics system in the game is also well implemented and you'll have to exploit it for some puzzles. What's great about the game is its replayability. Aside from the main story levels, there are a lot of well made user created levels. I even seen levels where someone created a piano, a calculator, and a tic-tac-to mini-game.

Resistance 2 is good for online multiplayer, especially with its 8 players coop. However, playing a FPS locally is rough for me personally because of how small the screen is due to it being divided among players.
2009-01-16, 9:28 PM #12
Call of Duty 5 I believe has a pretty sweet co-op campaign.

Also, the Zombie Survival mode is ****ing awesome. But you need to beat the campaign solo to get it. I can play that mode for hours with friends.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-01-17, 6:29 AM #13
Zombie mode was ruined when someone discovered the invincibility glitch and survived like a ridiculous number of levels. They didn't even bother to clear the leaderboards afterwards. Summary: Infinity Ward should be the only company allowed to touch the CoD franchise.
2009-01-17, 12:55 PM #14
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Zombie mode was ruined when someone discovered the invincibility glitch and survived like a ridiculous number of levels. They didn't even bother to clear the leaderboards afterwards. Summary: Infinity Ward should be the only company allowed to touch the CoD franchise.

I tried those glitches, you die eventually. They get so crammed together that they eventually get to you.

Assuming I'm thinking of the right glitches.
2009-01-17, 2:03 PM #15
Originally posted by Z@NARDI:
^huh?

Basically he's saying pc fps > console fps.
Which is true 9 times out of 10.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-01-17, 5:52 PM #16
Unless you have my PC.

2009-01-17, 5:57 PM #17
hehe yeah, the 'word' pc is kinda vague really
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-01-18, 5:25 AM #18
NAZI ZOMBIES.

Get Call of Duty from somewhere, and then unlock NAZI ZOMBIES. It's a lot lot lot of fun.
2009-01-18, 8:04 PM #19
Originally posted by Deadman:
Basically he's saying pc fps > console fps.
Which is true 9 times out of 10.

That last 1 out of 10 is Mirror's Edge.

lol

↑ Up to the top!