Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anyone remember Bleem?
Anyone remember Bleem?
2009-01-15, 12:55 PM #1
I wish Sony would make something like that for people who would like to take some PS games on the road with them when they travel. USB Mem card reader/controller port + game play software would be wonderful.

No I'm not talking about ROMS, I mean actually being able to put your disc in your laptop and play them as if it were a PS(#)
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-01-15, 1:06 PM #2
Bleem just wouldn't work on my old PC :(
2009-01-15, 1:20 PM #3
Get a USB adapter for your Playstation controllers and use ePSXe? >_< (With added benefit of infinite memory cards!)
一个大西瓜
2009-01-15, 1:21 PM #4
I got ePSXe working for most of my PS games in 2004 and I meant to play through all of them that summer. Still haven't. :\
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-01-15, 2:43 PM #5
ePSXe play actual discs or roms? I actually have a 4 port controller usb adapter. I would just like to be able to transfer the same game from my ps2 to my pc if i were going somewhere and wanted to continue the game.

Egh... hopes and dreams.
2009-01-15, 2:46 PM #6
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
ePSXe play actual discs or roms?

Both.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-01-15, 3:25 PM #7
Though its not a fan of FMV in my experience.
nope.
2009-01-15, 4:05 PM #8
It's been fine with Final Fantasy FMVs for me so far.

And yeah, it plays both, but performance while playing from a disc is wayyy worse than from your hard drive, so you might as well just rip the iso from your disk and run it from your hard drive.

Also, if you have a fairly recent video card, OpenGL2 Shaders = :awesome:

(I read your post again and noticed you mentioned PS2. Just fyi there are no acceptable PS2 emulators right now :( Even Sony admitted they were having a hard time doing software emulation for it on the PS3 ... and then they went and discontinued hardware emulation. GRR.)
一个大西瓜
2009-01-15, 10:26 PM #9
doesnt sony use a bleem variant for there PS1 backwards compatiblity on the PS3?
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2009-01-15, 11:32 PM #10
Maybe, though there certainly isn't one on the 360.

GASP!

Someone should make a PS1 emulator for the 360 and sell it through XBLA!!
2009-01-16, 3:49 AM #11
Originally posted by alpha1:
doesnt sony use a bleem variant for there PS1 backwards compatiblity on the PS3?

Dunno about ps1, but I know they had so much trouble getting it compatible with PS2 games that with later models they just ditched the idea entirely
2009-01-16, 5:21 AM #12
Well that's disappointing. I want to go back to the cartridge days... .(
2009-01-16, 5:45 AM #13
The PSP can play PS1 games, if you want to go that route.
2009-01-16, 5:48 AM #14
Bleem uses direct drive access, so it breaks on NT (and 2000, XP, Vista, 7, etc) which blocks that sort of thing (you have to go through NT APIs so security permissions are enforced). :(

Shame, IIRC it was a good emulator. I even bought it. Back before I knew about free emulators, of course. Then again it was the most advanced one at the time IIRC.

I use ePSXe now on occasion, it's the most mature one now AFAIK.

2009-01-16, 6:12 AM #15
I still haven't gone for the PSP. Seems like every time I get ready to buy one I hear news of an updated model coming out. It gets annoying after a while.
2009-01-16, 1:20 PM #16
ePSXe is good. I use it on my HTPC and the games look better than they did originally. Yay for HDTV + upscaling + shaders + wireless controllers!
一个大西瓜
2009-01-16, 6:27 PM #17
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
The PSP can play PS1 games, if you want to go that route.

I thought the psp only took mini discs?
2009-01-16, 6:37 PM #18
You don't put the disc in it.
nope.
2009-01-17, 10:24 AM #19
Yeah everyone knows you have to fold it first so it'll fit.

↑ Up to the top!