Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Star Wars Battlefront 3 leaked gameplay footage
Star Wars Battlefront 3 leaked gameplay footage
2009-01-15, 3:53 PM #1

The space battle seems be vastly improved. Seems like you're able to fly from the planet surface to outer space in real time. Give some attention to 3:38, it's rather amusing.
2009-01-15, 4:01 PM #2
Woah if thats reall thats amazing looks like a almost normal story line with normal stuff, and was that Kyle Katarn at 4:30 ish?
Thats a lot of universe its covering and EU, looks good.
Flying over there some were...
2009-01-15, 4:06 PM #3
Haha I'm amused that you can play as an Ewok and Jar Jar.

This looks really, really good.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2009-01-15, 4:19 PM #4
Looks good, but how many times are they going to make us to the damn Battle of Hoth? I'm sick of doing the stupid tow cable bit in millions of games.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-01-15, 4:45 PM #5
sweet, you get to pilot slave i. anyone know why it looks good this time around? dont want to jump the gun here, but assuming it's as good as the trailers make it out to be, did lucasarts just "get it right" or did they hire a diff. company with a good track record to produce the game?
2009-01-15, 4:59 PM #6
Because it's a next-gen game, on a next-gen console/pc?
2009-01-15, 5:01 PM #7
Originally posted by Detty:
Looks good, but how many times are they going to make us to the damn Battle of Hoth? I'm sick of doing the stupid tow cable bit in millions of games.

Pfft, that implies you like playing as Rebs. Imperials are where it's at :P

Looks awesome :hist101:
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2009-01-15, 5:15 PM #8
It has flying vehicles on ground maps, it's already better than 2.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2009-01-15, 5:20 PM #9
Originally posted by Temperamental:

wasn't referring only to the graphics. looks like there's a decent variety to the gameplay (see saber duel, flying vehicles for ground maps, special spaceships), much more content, and possibly an improved single player campaign (as opposed to just the maps stringed together). i guess with 3 revisions to a single game, these kind of improvements were bound to be there.
2009-01-15, 5:23 PM #10
Something tells me that, while they put much effort into presentation, they still leaving the fairly outdated, shallow Battlefront gameplay.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-01-15, 5:29 PM #11
looks badass, but wasnt it cancelled?
2009-01-15, 5:39 PM #12
Originally posted by Temperamental:

Current Gen.

Current gen was next gen when current gen wasn't out yet.
nope.
2009-01-15, 5:46 PM #13
Originally posted by Couchman:
looks badass, but wasnt it cancelled?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a139040/rebellion-working-on-battlefront-3.html
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-01-15, 7:53 PM #14
The first two sucked astoundingly.
2009-01-15, 8:00 PM #15
2 had so much potential, but they messed it up. Here are some reasons.

-They got rid of the prone position from 1
-Got rid of flyers on ground levels (Except Hoth)
-Hero Characters felt more like souped up soldiers rather than actual heroes
-Many maps were broken (Polis Massa was instant win for Droids since they could go out in space)
-Campaign sucked and also ****ed with the canon
-Han Solo has a fusion cutter, yet can't step over mines safely. Bull****

3 looks like it has potential, much like 2 did when it first surfaced. Hopefully, this one goes the opposite way.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-01-15, 8:30 PM #16
I enjoyed Battlefront 1 and 2... didn't play them for very long, however.
2009-01-15, 8:39 PM #17
I remember playing the beta of the second one and it was good arcadey fun.
nope.
2009-01-15, 8:52 PM #18
i liked 2, but something was off...whenever i blasted someone, it didn't seem as if the blasterfire connected...hard to explain.
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2009-01-16, 4:13 AM #19
Looks like fun!
2009-01-16, 5:19 AM #20
Originally posted by The_Lost_One:
i liked 2, but something was off...whenever i blasted someone, it didn't seem as if the blasterfire connected...hard to explain.

Both 1 and 2 had messed up hitzones.
$do || ! $do ; try
2009-01-16, 8:31 AM #21
It looks awfully like Katarn doesnt it?

I mean we knew there wouldnt likely be another JK Game, so it would be possible that this is set singleplayer wise before dark forces.

Unless its another bearded stormtrooper. /shrug

Cool either way, assuming it gets released. I especially liked the LAATs circling Mos Eisley.
2009-01-16, 9:00 AM #22
For a game that's supposed to be about armies meeting, it's got an awful lot of run-and-gun bull****.
2009-01-16, 1:27 PM #23
It looks like "Kyle" is using a clear/invisible saber? o_o
一个大西瓜
2009-01-16, 1:32 PM #24
Originally posted by JM:
For a game that's supposed to be about armies meeting, it's got an awful lot of run-and-gun bull****.

It's hard to show a continuous scene of gameplay when the player is dying every 5 seconds.

2009-01-16, 2:10 PM #25
Quote:
Current Gen.

Current gen was next gen when current gen wasn't out yet.

I'm fairly certain I've still seen articles where games that are coming out within the next few years on the consoles and pcs available currently being referred to as next-gen.

Quote:
wasn't referring only to the graphics. looks like there's a decent variety to the gameplay (see saber duel, flying vehicles for ground maps, special spaceships), much more content, and possibly an improved single player campaign (as opposed to just the maps stringed together). i guess with 3 revisions to a single game, these kind of improvements were bound to be there.

Maybe they finally listened to their fans. :D
2009-01-16, 3:44 PM #26
Oh good, I thought that this game might have been canceled too. Thanks for the good news, genk.
2009-01-16, 4:15 PM #27
Yay for youtube removing videos like always.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-01-16, 6:01 PM #28
http://pc.ign.com/articles/946/946025p1.html

-Evidently, the game was nearing completion.
-The studio was also working on Timesplitter 4.
-BFIII is officially no longer being worked on by Free Radical.
-What is done for this game in the leaked trailer has been scrapped.

-Now BFIII is going with Rebellion Studios. If I recall, the same development team that made the PSP version of Battlefront and Call of Duty: World at War ..... (meh).
2009-01-16, 6:06 PM #29
If Timesplitters 4 is defunct I'm going to cry.
nope.
2009-01-16, 6:20 PM #30
Originally posted by The_Reafis:
It looks awfully like Katarn doesnt it?

I mean we knew there wouldnt likely be another JK Game, so it would be possible that this is set singleplayer wise before dark forces.

Unless its another bearded stormtrooper. /shrug

Cool either way, assuming it gets released. I especially liked the LAATs circling Mos Eisley.

I don't think it's kyle. He does have some similarities but the only time you really see jedis in battle armor like that is during the clone war era. Plus there's the scene of him looking out the side of the LAAT, which is a repbulic vehicle too. I think it's a new jedi you can play as a hero in the Clone War side of the game.
"You were probably a result of sabotage."
2009-01-17, 10:45 AM #31
It could be him. He was a stormtrooper after all.And he does not use a lightsaber in the trailer i belive it's a force pike(?) It would make sence if you ask me.
2009-01-17, 11:26 AM #32
Personally I thought all the timesplitters games were utter trash...
2009-01-17, 1:08 PM #33
Personally I thought all the timesplitters games were awesome. They were so good, they made me want to cum.

I couldn't agree more my friend.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-01-17, 1:16 PM #34
Originally posted by Pommy:
It looks like "Kyle" is using a clear/invisible saber? o_o

Its one of the weapons that Grevious' guards used in Episode III.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-01-17, 1:18 PM #35
TimeSplitters rocked.
$do || ! $do ; try
2009-01-17, 1:33 PM #36
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
Its one of the weapons that Grevious' guards used in Episode III.

that was a staff/pike

this is that concept in a sword form
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-01-17, 1:41 PM #37
I know Haze turned out to be crap, but I think Free Radical does have some genuine talent. I mean, I rather have them than the studio that was behind Rogue Trooper and World at War... because what BFIII needs to be is essentially a direct copy of it's previous installments, problems and all.

Edit: I just found out, Rebellion Studio did the PS2 port of World at War. Weird, didn't know there was a PS2 port.
2009-01-17, 1:55 PM #38
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
...because what BFIII needs to be is essentially a direct copy of it's previous installments, problems and all.

Stop posting, forever.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2009-01-17, 2:46 PM #39
Personally I thought timesplitters: Future Perfect was bordering on trash...

You are ALMOST right.
nope.
2009-01-17, 3:49 PM #40
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefront_Series

Star Wars: Battlefront III

Main article: Star Wars: Battlefront III
Star Wars: Battlefront III is rumored to be the fourth game in the Star Wars: Battlefront series. It was originally speculated that Free Radical Design would be developing the game, after announcing that they were working on a "Secret LucasArts Project" on August 23, 2006.[2] However on December 18th, 2008, Free Radical Design announced that their company had gone into administration, and that the project had been handed down to Rebellion Developments, the developers behind Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron.[3] On June 7th, 2008, an alleged ex-LucasArts employee came forward to Kotaku and unofficially announced several games in developement, including Star Wars: Battlefront III.[4] For a brief period on July 8th, 2008, online retailer Amazon.com listed Star Wars: Battlefront III for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 2, PSP, and Nintendo DS[5], and the listing was later removed. On October 2, 2008, the OFLC listed Star Wars: Battlefront 3 for the Nintendo DS with a PG rating, filed by Activision Blizzard.[6] On December 28, 2008, renders of Star Wars characters surfaced from a laid off employee of Free Radical, bearing the Star Wars Battlefront III watermark. These can be viewed here. On January 15, 2009 footage of a battlefront III game was leaked.[7] As well as the updated graphics, there seem to have been some welcomed changes from the fist two installments of the series, most notably the ability to fly from ground to space and board orbiting space craft with no loading screens. Unfortunately, the following day some more information was leaked regarding the titles departure from Free Radical and with it the loss of the "complete freedom" that the video showed.[8] Some information also came to light regarding a possible story line which involved a "Dark Obiwan Kenobi".[9] No one knows if this storyline or the "complete freedom" style of play will continue with the title to its new developer, or even if the title is still in production. Lucasarts have, as yet, made no official announcement regarding this title.

↑ Up to the top!