Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Circuit City is closing.
Circuit City is closing.
2009-01-16, 2:36 PM #1
Sort of sad :(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090116/ap_on_bi_ge/circuit_city_bankruptcy
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1130213

Liquidation sales start as early as tomorrow, so if you feel like picking up some electronics, check in stores. [FYI though likely larger markdowns (>30%) won't happen until the target closing date (March) approaches]

Watch:
(actually talks about CC halfway thru)

Online sales will end by midnight tonight (and the site is down right now, so it doesn't look like you're going to be able to get any orders in).
一个大西瓜
2009-01-16, 2:43 PM #2
Never found any good deal with Circuit City, but the stores are nice place to browse around. I guess...

On somewhat related topic, is CompUSA still going? The store chain has been dying BEFORE the economy took a nose dive.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-01-16, 2:46 PM #3
TigerDirect bought CompUSA a while back, I think.
一个大西瓜
2009-01-16, 2:49 PM #4
circuit city here sucked serious ***.. refusing to price match, a couple times during a black friday or day after christmas sale they didn't have something that was in the ad (as in they didn't have it at all as opposed to they had them and sold out before i got there) and didn't offer any kind of rain check or substitution, and a few other random things that resulted in me taking their ad to another store

i feel sorry for the people losing their jobs because of this
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-01-16, 2:49 PM #5
you think some wacom tablets will be on sale?

2009-01-16, 2:52 PM #6
They've been closing for a while now...
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2009-01-16, 2:54 PM #7
They've been in Chapter 11 since October/November but they just announced a few hours ago that negotiations to sell the company to some Mexican billionaire failed, so they're liquidating (i.e. closing all their remaining stores and ceasing to exist, except in Canada)
一个大西瓜
2009-01-16, 3:14 PM #8
Yeah the circuit city by me had a liquidation sale before xmas.. I bought the fallout3 lunchbox for $65
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-01-16, 3:36 PM #9
Circuit City generally has some good deals on games for me so it's sad to see them go (as well as all the employees losing their jobs).
2009-01-16, 4:13 PM #10
Bummer..now BB will probably suck even more. Maybe Fry's will expand to the east coast..
woot!
2009-01-16, 4:54 PM #11
I've got two ****ing years left on my laptop's extended warranty.
I hope I'm not completely screwed over with that. :argh:
[edit]
Scratch that. I hope that the people they handed the warranties over to don't screw me over.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2009-01-16, 5:06 PM #12
Extended warranties are usually undersigned by insurance companies, you should be fine.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2009-01-16, 6:27 PM #13
Never used Circuit City, always had the worst prices. No loss in my book.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)

↑ Up to the top!