Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Creating a irc channel
Creating a irc channel
2004-08-19, 3:19 AM #1
how do you create a irc channel. I need to create one for my clan so i can join leagues and stuff..
Thanks........
2004-08-19, 4:10 AM #2
Go into the channel you want to create, and type /msg chanserv help register

Chanserv will then give you instructions on how to register your channel.

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-19, 7:46 AM #3
Connect to a server, let's say irc.holonet.org.

Type:
/join #channelname

The channelname being whatever you want it to be. Now that you're in the room, you should have an @ next to your name. Be sure your nickname is registered before you do the following step.(See below for registering nicknames) Type the following to register your channel:

/chanserv register #channelname password discription

This should register your channel to your current registered name. If your name is NOT registered, it won't work. To register your name, do the following:

/nickserv register password email

Whenever you log in, now, you'll need to identify yourself to the server by typing:

/nickserv identify password

If you're using mIRC, you can script this event.

This all varies depending on which server you're on. Wolfy's method will tell you EXACTLY how to do it on your particular server.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!