Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → LOTR: Conquest
LOTR: Conquest
2009-01-19, 11:02 AM #1
Oh dear god I fell for it again... Its pants. I've only had a chance to play singleplayer so far (I had to lower the difficulty its soo unfair in places)

It seems to enjoy ripping the movies and the books to pieces in equal measure just for the hell of it. To make the singleplayer "fun" they added orc/uruk hai warriors, which are annoying as hell as if they block you simple cannot hit them except with a random chance. Allied AI is also rubbish and it generally gets left up to you.

Some of the special moves belong in Street Fighter 2...

The horseriding was pure 100% wtf lol... I dearly hope it gets atleast mediocre online.
2009-01-19, 12:48 PM #2
Yeah, I played the demo of this from Xbox Live and I was astonished at how terrible this game was. It's like it's from the late 90s, the physics and fighting mechanics are so outdated and just awful.

The only interesting thing, in the demo at least, was it had the battle between Isildur and Sauron in the Second Age, it wasn't just a straight play-through of the LOTR movies. But yeah, it didn't seem like a game that was much fun.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-01-19, 3:36 PM #3
I also tried the demo and didn't think the game was that fun. The tutorial narrator was quite amusing though because of his melodramatic commentary.
2009-01-19, 4:03 PM #4
I thought it was absolutely horrible. I really can't stand the games that are just button-smashing hack and slash. It gets old really fast, before the demo came out I was looking at the screenshots and some videos and I was really excited for it. After playing 5 minutes of the tutorial I realized there wasn't much to learn, so I went online, and found that it was incredibly dull. It was no different than any other kind of game of it's type, and it just played awful.

Also, the graphics were nowhere near as impressive as they appeared to be in screenshots and videos.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

↑ Up to the top!