Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How to...?
How to...?
2004-08-18, 6:21 PM #1
This might sound ridiculous to you true gamers, and I don't mean any disrespect to this forum and its members by being completely and utterly ignorant to all of this.
I bought Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II probably five or six years ago. I enjoyed the single player mode very much. Recently I was packing up my stuff for moving and I came across the game. I re-installed it and I'd like to try and play the multiplayer mode. I've never done this before and I have no idea how to go about it. Can someone here provide an idiot like me with simple instructions as to how to play online? Any help is appreciated.
2004-08-18, 6:55 PM #2
1) Find a friend to play with
2) have them give you their IP address
3) go to multiplayer, play over TCP/IP
4) Enter said IP address
5) ???
6) Ressurrect self from dead.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-18, 9:23 PM #3
welcome to the massassi temple!

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-08-19, 1:00 AM #4
There's an easier option if you're suicidal.

1) Install.
2) Go on the MSN Gaming Zone or the Gamespy Arcade.
3) ???
4) Profit!

Okay, scratch the last one. You don't really profit at all.

Even better...

1) Install.
2) Download mIRC and connect to irc.holonet.org.
3) /join #massgames
4) ???
5) Profit!

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.

[This message has been edited by - Tony - (edited August 19, 2004).]
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-19, 1:22 AM #5
What Tony said and hi! Stick around, it's all good here [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-19, 4:21 AM #6
Thats a very . . . interesting . . name... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq!
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-08-19, 4:35 AM #7
Ha. We have now a "Kill" and we have a "Bill" here!

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-19, 5:38 AM #8
WOAH MAN I'M FREAKING OUT!

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-08-19, 9:58 AM #9
Ok, I guess I got what I asked for. I joined my first game on MSN gaming zone and got my *** kicked...badly. How is it that everyone else is so ****ing fast? I mean I couldn't even run away.
Also in creating my multiplayer character what should my settings be?
2004-08-19, 10:01 AM #10
Hackers maybe? Hacking is rampant on the zone. Why don't you join #massgames instead?

------------------
Your humble opinion is wrong.
2004-08-19, 10:03 AM #11
Is it free? How do i join?
2004-08-19, 10:09 AM #12
You don't have to join, you go into a chat room and they schedule a game. That's about it...

As for the speed, maybe they were using force speed? You might want to look for a no force server to start out.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-08-19, 10:13 AM #13
It is possible they were using force speed, or that you don't have "auto run" on. You should check that.

Wait, people still play JK on the zone?... Once more into the breach!

------------------
A little less conversation, a little more action
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-08-19, 11:47 AM #14
Wow, the zone still exists?

------------------
Four dimensions, four fundamental forces... coincidence?
Stuff

↑ Up to the top!