Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I has internets again
I has internets again
2009-01-21, 4:32 AM #1
Posting from XP again. Yay.

Oddly enough, my downloaded wifi drivers wouldn't work. Fortunately, I still had the CD.
woot!
2009-01-21, 4:35 AM #2
woop!
2009-01-21, 4:37 AM #3
I'm going to try Linux again. I had an unformatted partition, and I'm not Linux-smart enough to figure out how to install to it...so I formatted it in Windows.
woot!
2009-01-21, 4:37 AM #4
Don't do an anal level Gentoo install. It hurts.
2009-01-21, 4:39 AM #5
I tried installing Ubuntu. It'll run from the CD easily enough..
woot!
2009-01-21, 5:03 AM #6
Posting from Ubuntu via the CD.

It's giving me errors when I try to install to my unused partition, and I don't want to have it do everything automatically for fear it's going to gobble up my Windows 7 installation!
woot!
2009-01-21, 6:06 AM #7
Ugh. I can run Ubuntu just fine off of the CD (where I am now, incidentally), but it won't install even with the 'guided' partitioning system. I'm tempted to install it to my thumbdrive. Meh.

7 is installed and runs fine, but for some reason my wifi card won't work. "This device cannot start." It did before.

:suicide:
woot!

↑ Up to the top!