Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → [software] Email management
[software] Email management
2009-01-21, 10:04 AM #1
Basically what I'm looking for is a newsletter manager... or something like that. I'm looking for a solution thats easy for the people to use (they arent really that tech savvy).

Currently there are 2 or 3 people who send out the emails, which means that the announcements come from different email addresses. This also means that sometimes one person might not have an up to date list of addresses to send to.

The current "solution" is enter each email (about 30) into an Excel spreadsheet and each time an email is sent... copy/paste.

The only thing I've seen used before for this kind of thing is: [url]www.constantcontact.com[/url]

help plz
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-01-21, 10:13 AM #2
how big is the list?

I like MailChimp, it costs (not much) but it's very good.

http://www.mailchimp.com/index.phtml
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-01-21, 10:16 AM #3
just about 50 emails but I think more need to be added
2009-01-21, 2:22 PM #4
buuuuuuump
2009-01-21, 2:26 PM #5
I am looking for a solution to this too.. but for now we use verticalresponse.com which charges X amount of cents per email.. and it's getting a bit ridiculous when our list has grown to over 4,000
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-01-21, 2:29 PM #6
You can make groups in Gmail... if you get all your contacts in a csv file you can import them to a group and then address the newsletter to the group.
2009-01-21, 2:32 PM #7
Originally posted by Vin:
You can make groups in gmail...

Problem is, none of them know how to use anything other than what they use for email. (yahoo... hotmail... ISP emails)

I thought about making a joint gmail account for people... but that could get messy.
2009-01-21, 2:37 PM #8
Google Groups will allow you to just add your list manually and email them that way
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-01-21, 3:52 PM #9
http://www.mailchimp.com/index.phtml
http://www.campaignmonitor.com/

Vertical Response looks good in terms of cost (they have Pay Monthly now), haven't tried out their UI though. Mailchimp and CampaignMonitor are solid though.

I've been looking into this stuff for months
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-01-21, 6:29 PM #10
MailChimp is the best e-mail marketing tool I've used. I've heard good things about Vertical Response.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!