Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → To the Guy Who Mugged Me Downtown
To the Guy Who Mugged Me Downtown
2009-01-22, 7:05 AM #1
Stolen from officer.com, allegedly from Craiglist:

Quote:
I was the white guy with the black Burrberry jacket that you demanded I handed over shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I hope you somehow come across this message. I'd like to apologize.

I didn't expect you to crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket. Truth is, I was wearing the jacket for a reason that evening, and it wasn't that cold outside. You see, my girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber 1911 .45 ACP pistol for Christmas, and we had just picked up a shoulder holster for it that evening. Beautiful pistol, eh? It's a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head, isn't it?

I know it probably wasn't a great deal of fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge flopping about in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse, since you also ended up leaving your shoes, cellphone, and wallet with me. I couldn't have you calling up any of your buddies to come help you try to mug us again. I took the liberty of calling your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, and explaining to her your situation. I also bought myself some gas on your card. I gave your shoes to one of the homeless guys over by Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all of the cash in your wallet, then I threw your wallet in a dumpster.

I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell. They'll be on your bill in case you'd like to know which ones. Alltel recently shut down the line, and I've only had the phone for a little over a day now, so I don't know what's going on with that. I hope they haven't permanently cut off your service. I was about to make some threatening phone calls to the DA's office with it. Oh well.

So, about your pants; I know that I was a little rough on you when you did this whole attempted mugging thing, so I'd like to make it up to you. I'm sure you've already washed your pants, so I'd like to help you out. I'd like to reimburse you for the detergent you used on the pants. What brand did you use, and was it liquid or powder? I'd also like to apologize for not killing you and instead making you walk back home humiliated. I'm hoping that you'll reconsider your choice of path in life. Next time you might not be so lucky. If you read this message, email me and we'll do lunch and laundry. Peace!
woot!
2009-01-22, 7:07 AM #2
Epic win.
2009-01-22, 7:16 AM #3
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-01-22, 7:17 AM #4
God damn, I want to shoot some ******s and spics too!
:master::master::master:
2009-01-22, 7:19 AM #5
why didn't he kill him?
2009-01-22, 7:21 AM #6
Originally posted by Molgrew:
why didn't he kill him?

But then the story wouldn't be nearly as entertaining!
woot!
2009-01-22, 7:22 AM #7
would he have been well within his rights?

being threatened by a thief
2009-01-22, 7:27 AM #8
Originally posted by Molgrew:
would he have been well within his rights?

being threatened by a thief

State law varies. NH law permits the use of deadly force to prevent the imminent unlawful use of deadly force upon oneself or a third party. Knife = deadly force, so he should be ok. Doesn't mean he wouldn't get sued anyway, though.
woot!
2009-01-22, 7:32 AM #9
I believe this is fake.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2009-01-22, 7:33 AM #10
Originally posted by JLee:
State law varies. NH law permits the use of deadly force to prevent the imminent unlawful use of deadly force upon oneself or a third party. Knife = deadly force, so he should be ok. Doesn't mean he wouldn't get sued anyway, though.

What if it's an illegal immigrant? Surely then you should be able to blow them away with reckless abandon. In fact, I couldn't think of a reason why it wouldn't be permissible to shoot them without provocation.
2009-01-22, 7:33 AM #11
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
I believe this is fake.

Almost certainly, but it doesn't mean it's not quite well written and pretty funny.
2009-01-22, 7:36 AM #12
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
I believe this is fake.

:master:
woot!
2009-01-22, 8:05 AM #13
Originally posted by stat:
What if it's an illegal immigrant? Surely then you should be able to blow them away with reckless abandon. In fact, I couldn't think of a reason why it wouldn't be permissible to shoot them without provocation.

Because illegal immigrants are immensely profitable for the corporations that employ them.
2009-01-22, 8:38 AM #14
You can shoot someone here (Texas) for almost anything... ahhh good times.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-01-22, 9:22 AM #15

Because there are lawyers that will still sue on their behalf and the actual citizens get ****ed in the process.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2009-01-22, 9:22 AM #16
I lived in Montana for a while...You can shoot someone if they put any part of their body inside your car... I wonder if it applied for taxi drivers.
2009-01-22, 9:23 AM #17
Haha, I've read that before.

Here in Oklahoma it's roughly the same law as JLee described. If you pull your gun on someone, you'd better be willing to and legally justified in killing that person (whether you end up pulling the trigger or not).

Everyone around here says to just kill 'em, because then there's no one to sue you, haha.

Edit: Also, in Oklahoma your vehicle is a mobile extension of your home, so home defense laws apply to your vehicle. If someone unauthorized is in your vehicle and you have reason to believe that they mean you harm, you can kill them.
Warhead[97]
2009-01-22, 9:53 AM #18
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
Because there are lawyers that will still sue on their behalf and the actual citizens get ****ed in the process.

lawyers who do that should be shot... "he was trying to rob me"
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-01-22, 10:28 AM #19

...because illegal immigrants are still people? ****.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-01-22, 1:02 PM #20
Mort, it's stat.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-01-22, 2:54 PM #21
Stop it. Just stop it now. This was a good thread. And you all ruined it. I hope you're happy with yourselves.

Anyway.

It reminds me of the equally fake story of a guy walking home from a LARP with a sword, who got mugged by a guy with a knife. Mugger has six inches of steel. Victim has three feet. **** time.
2009-01-22, 3:04 PM #22
[quote=Ruben G. Rumbaut, coauthor of "The Myth of Immigrant Criminality" study]"The misperception that immigrants, especially illegal immigrants, are responsible for higher crime rates is deeply rooted in American public opinion and is sustained by media anecdotes and popular myth."[/quote]

2009-01-22, 3:13 PM #23
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
lawyers who do that should be shot... "he was trying to rob me"

didn't something like this happen outside a court where the guy narrowly dodged the bullets behind a narrow tree?

cant remember the link

2009-01-22, 3:17 PM #24
This story is fake.
2009-01-22, 3:58 PM #25
Originally posted by saberopus:
This story is fake.

[http://www.crashonmyhead.com/captain_obvious.jpg]
woot!
2009-01-22, 3:59 PM #26
u r stupid
2009-01-22, 4:00 PM #27
Originally posted by saberopus:
u r stupid

no u!

:argh:
woot!
2009-01-22, 4:09 PM #28
It's technically still legal to shoot a Welshman after dark in York.

But not on Sundays.
<Hawkeye> My Kidneys Were Expecting Orange Juice. Silly Kidneys.
2009-01-22, 7:14 PM #29
Originally posted by JM:
Stop it. Just stop it now. This was a good thread. And you all ruined it. I hope you're happy with yourselves.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize how much it meant to you.
2009-01-22, 8:20 PM #30
Originally posted by TheNewKid:
didn't something like this happen outside a court where the guy narrowly dodged the bullets behind a narrow tree?

cant remember the link

Yes.
Warhead[97]
2009-01-22, 9:52 PM #31
he did get shot in the neck i thought
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-01-22, 10:00 PM #32
Originally posted by David:

But not on Sundays.

Don't tell me you're from York too!
2009-01-22, 10:08 PM #33
Originally posted by David:

But not on Sundays.

if i'm not mistaken it's only legal with a crossbow
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-01-22, 11:06 PM #34
As someone who recently got the first A of his law school career (in criminal law), I would advise everyone not to do any of the things described in this story.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-01-23, 12:13 AM #35
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
if i'm not mistaken it's only legal with a crossbow

And it's scotsmen, but that's not the point! There's a potential massassian who goes to pubs i go to!
2009-01-23, 12:55 AM #36
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
As someone who recently got the first A of his law school career (in criminal law), I would advise everyone not to do any of the things described in this story.

oh yeah? well jlee is a cop why would he lie to us

o.0
2009-01-23, 3:17 AM #37
Pigs like to break the law and get away with it? Well I never...
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2009-01-23, 5:14 AM #38
lolwut?
woot!
2009-01-23, 7:09 AM #39
Originally posted by Martyn:
And it's scotsmen, but that's not the point! There's a potential massassian who goes to pubs i go to!

'fraid not; Zummerzet.

OOH ARR.
<Hawkeye> My Kidneys Were Expecting Orange Juice. Silly Kidneys.
2009-01-23, 9:02 AM #40
i go to pubs in york from time to time :D

↑ Up to the top!