Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My school system is BAD!
My school system is BAD!
2004-08-19, 7:37 AM #1
It called "Block".

Now the facts:

All Lessons are two hours.
We have two different timetables.
Maybe I have normaly Biologie one time in a week and only 1 hour -----> but know I have 2
hours Bio but for next week no Bio, only the week after. Each 2 hours lesson called a "Block" and in this "Block" we have only 5 minutes pause and the teacher decided when we get this pause. After each "Block" 30 minutes pause. And it is very hot in the rooms. So it can be very anoying to stay from 8.15 am to 3.50 pm. This week I had 6 hours Sport (or 3 "blocks"). Also very hard when it is so hot!

------------------
SpriteMod (JO 2003)
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-08-19, 7:43 AM #2
our HS block system was a little better

1 & 1/2 hour classes
4 of thoes
30 min for lunch in the middle

then another 4 next smester.

you system is wack.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-08-19, 7:46 AM #3
That is pretty weird, but ours is pretty unique as well...

4 day rotation

Day 1 A,B, Lunch, C,D
Day 2 E,F,Lunch, G,H
Day 3 B,A, Lunch, D,C
Day 4 F,E, Lunch, H,G

Each period is 80 minutes, lunch is an hour and 10 minutes.
2004-08-19, 7:50 AM #4
My school had:

12 periods a day
each period lasts 25 minutes.
20 minutes morning recess
1 hour for lunch
5 minute break after first 3 periods.

Lessons could either be 1, 2 or 3 periods, except for sports one afternoon a week which took all 4 after lunch periods.

It actually worked quite well.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-08-19, 8:04 AM #5
My high school went to a block schedule after I left, so I don'tknow how the hell it works. My brother is there now, though

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-19, 9:09 AM #6
I'm in uni again (s***!) and I'm in a block schedule, just like all unis use. However, you get used to it.

I'm in hell week-- the week after you go back where you wish you were still on break and classes seem to take forever.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-19, 9:12 AM #7
we used to have 4 classes a day so every class was around 90 minutes, and we had 4 quarters in the year. now we have trimesters and 5 classes a day starting this year.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-08-19, 9:35 AM #8
sounds like american universities involve lots of work and compulsory classes [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-08-19, 10:22 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Elana14:
our HS block system was a little better

1 & 1/2 hour classes
4 of thoes
30 min for lunch in the middle

then another 4 next smester.

you system is wack.

</font>

Its not my system. From my school.

------------------
SpriteMod (JO 2003)
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-08-19, 11:34 AM #10
And to think, They want to take our Block away
4 classes a semister, unless you get a term class, or an all year class
2 90 minutes classes
30 minute lunch
2 more 90 minute classes
8 to 10 minutes bettween, varing on what block is next

------------------
What happens when you cast heal on the undead?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-08-19, 11:39 AM #11
I love the block schedule. I actually LEARN something.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-19, 11:48 AM #12
We recently switched to a more decimal time based timetable.

Lessons 50 minutes each. Two lessons, then a 20 minute break, then two lessons, then a 40 minute lunch, then two more lessons.

(Being in 6th form, we have less lessons, so a lot more double periods)

This system made perfect sense at first, you end up with 360 minutes at school every day, until you realise that we don't have decimal time watches, and you have to try and work out what time fourth period starts.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-08-19, 11:52 AM #13
*marries the world*
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-08-19, 12:00 PM #14
First HS I've been at had four classes of 1:15h a day, and the last one had five classes of 1 hour each.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-19, 12:37 PM #15
I think I had 3 100 minute classes per day, alternating from the first 3 to the second 3.

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-19, 2:05 PM #16
my college has a system of 8 lines (one of which only happens once a week) it goes

monday 7 for 1 hour, 2 for an hour, 15 min recess (always after the second lesson of the day) 2 for another hour, line 5 for an hour, lunch for an hour(same place throughout the week), line five for 55 minutes and line 4 for 50 minutes.

tuesday: line 5, line 6, recess, line 6, line 3, luch, line 3 and line 1.

wednesday: line 1, line 4, recess, line 4, line 7, lunch, line 7 line 2.

Thursday: line 3, line 6, recess, line 7, line four, lunch. line eight starts around lunch and goes for around 2.5 hours (not everyone choose to have a line 8 unit as they are recreational units)

friday: line 2, line 1, recess, line 1(55 min), (either advisory groups or assembly for 20 min), line 5(full length), lunch (for 40 min), line 3, line 6.

my classes are

line one: I have no class on this line so I go to the shops or somthing else to do stuff.

line two: Physics.

line three: Chemistry.

line four: CAD 3d animation

line five: Glass art and design.

line six: Maths.

line seven: Children's and adolesent literiture.

------------------
Bill What if these anti-violent-video game people were all killed by a fat italian plumber in a red hat jumping on them repeatedly. Wouldn't that be poetic justice in its purist form?
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)--@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%

↑ Up to the top!