Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Paul Hamn wins gold
Paul Hamn wins gold
2004-08-18, 5:48 PM #1
Holy f***!!! Did anyone elese see that?!?!

He messed up and was in 12 place, and comes back to win the gold. Holy crap.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º< ) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º< )

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited August 18, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-18, 6:06 PM #2
it was awsome!
once he was done with his last event, he dident believe that he won any medal for a minet, even after thay told him.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-08-18, 6:21 PM #3
Amazing...

Simply amazing peformance...

It's crazy, it seems like Gymnastics is just known for these insane wins.

I still remember the women's team winning gold in Atlanta in 1996 with Kerri on the last one, then when Paul did his last event - and it was practically flawless - it was just this huge 'edge of the seat' waiting for it.

Probably the best thing I've watched in the Olympics, ever. Shows how if you don't give up, you can still win. How people crack under pressure (Was crazy how many athletes kept messing up with little flaws, yet it cost them points). And it shows the true passion of the games.
2004-08-18, 6:37 PM #4
Same thing happend in the synchro diving the other day. The Chinese pair were way out in front with one dive left, but diving first one guy went in back-first and they scored a 0. The rest of the field was bunched up a long way behind the Chinese, so it was basically down to whoever could do the best last dive would win the gold medal. The pressure was intense... In the end the Greeks held their nerve the best to win the gold, after everyone else crumbled and made varying degrees of mistakes under the pressure. Amazing stuff.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

[This message has been edited by Spork (edited August 18, 2004).]
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-18, 6:47 PM #5
That was ridiculously awesome. The Korean guy was crushed, though...oh well! Suck it world!
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-08-19, 2:53 AM #6
I would be as well, to lose by the closest margin ever in Gymnastics history...

0.012 points

That's crazy
2004-08-19, 2:55 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
That was ridiculously awesome. The Korean guy was crushed, though...oh well! Suck it world!</font>

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-19, 6:04 AM #8
It was like a movie.

[This message has been edited by Obi_Kwiet (edited August 19, 2004).]
2004-08-19, 11:11 AM #9
Indeed. They were saying "He'll be lucky to get a bronze now" then BAM... gold, awesome.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-19, 12:03 PM #10
Seriously! That was sooo cinematic! It was like 'Miracle', I tell you! I love the Olympics! I love the world! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
crap happens...
2004-08-19, 1:20 PM #11
We were all rooting for him at our house, he's from the subdivision 2 minutes away from us...

I was glad to see him win.

------------------
gree gree.
2004-08-19, 5:22 PM #12
Hamm lives in the town (Waukesha) about 20 minutes away from us. I believe I live about 30 minutes away from Murc, sicne I believe you live in Pewaukee.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-08-19, 6:44 PM #13
Go Wisconsin! (Sussex, baby)

------------------
"Honey, you got real ugly."
"Honey, you got real ugly."

↑ Up to the top!