Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → check this out.
check this out.
2004-08-19, 3:30 PM #1
an imdb thread on the movie titanic.

just read it.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0120338/board/flat/10906999

------------------
Bill What if these anti-violent-video game people were all killed by a fat italian plumber in a red hat jumping on them repeatedly. Wouldn't that be poetic justice in its purist form?
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)--@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-08-19, 3:34 PM #2
Wow

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-19, 3:37 PM #3
and this one, (there is also a link in that thread.)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335345/board/nest/7261229

------------------
Bill What if these anti-violent-video game people were all killed by a fat italian plumber in a red hat jumping on them repeatedly. Wouldn't that be poetic justice in its purist form?
2004-08-19, 3:42 PM #4
He's obviously not being serious...

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-19, 8:59 PM #5
you never know...

he did link to the website of the lat earth society, he does also resemble some now banned or otherwise no longer visiting massassians.

just go to the wayback machine and see if any religous forums threads(see flamewars) were archived. They were full of people that would never accept things like evolution or the big bang(or was it one of the atheists that said that) and would block out all basic proof that they were wrong.

------------------
2004-08-19, 9:04 PM #6
Alrighty then

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-19, 9:06 PM #7
Stupidity has reached new heights.

------------------
ZGPC
2004-08-19, 9:14 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alpha1:
you never know...

he did link to the website of the lat earth society, he does also resemble some now banned or otherwise no longer visiting massassians.

just go to the wayback machine and see if any religous forums threads(see flamewars) were archived. They were full of people that would never accept things like evolution or the big bang(or was it one of the atheists that said that) and would block out all basic proof that they were wrong.

</font>

...That's one of the worst comparisons ever. The Titanic sank less than 100 years ago, and you're trying to compare the proof of that to the "proof" of evolution and the big bang. Not to turn this into a origins debate, but that's rediculous.

------------------
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-08-19, 9:14 PM #9
yes it has.

I realy want to find a message board that has lots of posts but is not made up of people just spending their time bashing things or just being idiots.

------------------
2004-08-19, 9:18 PM #10
Oh, and about that site that the guy linked to *proving* a flat-Earth theory, someone posted that here a couple years back, and we all got a good laugh at it.

------------------

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-08-19, 9:19 PM #11
no, all I was refering to the other thread. It is somthing called an example. I was just mentioning that massassi has also had people that loved to say that their belief was true dispite the glaring evidence to the contrary.

------------------
2004-08-19, 10:38 PM #12
Clearly the other posters are the real muppets here - the guy was clearly just taking the piss, and none of them until one guy right at the bottom got it...

Numpties

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-19, 10:41 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Martyn:

Numpties

</font>

and what does that word mean?

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are falling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP, as it becomes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of the staff.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-08-19, 10:44 PM #14
Sorry, Yorkshire-ism.

It means something like "idiot" but with a level of real exasperation attached to it.

You'd use for example if someone not only made an obvious mistake, but you'd already warned them twice about it, and you then watched them make it. And they probably hurt themselves doing whatever it is.

Hope taht clears it up :s

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-20, 2:08 AM #15
Sometimes the line between sarcasm and stupidity is incredibly blurred. In this case, it wasn't even visible.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-20, 3:13 AM #16
Serious or not, that's hilarious [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

↑ Up to the top!