Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Project Little Rock Music 2004 (Please Sticky - Important to JK) JK Editors Needed!!
Project Little Rock Music 2004 (Please Sticky - Important to JK) JK Editors Needed!!
2004-08-19, 3:22 PM #1
[http://www.CoR3.net/PLRM2004/PLRM2004_Banner.jpg]

This is a non-profit project to help to draw support to the local music scene here as well as the venues, the bands, the fans, the local radio stations, etc. -

We live in a day in age that technology is amazing. What you can do with technology is endless....... literally. This is a project I have envisioned literally over the past 5 years. Although the actual form and shape of this took form in just the past 6 hours. Here is the layout of what this project is going to do and how........ -

Most of us have at least seen pictures or videos or actually played some of the games I am about to mention. 3 of them will be used to promote intensely and be the general basis to create this rather massive project. With alot of time, hard work, and energy. And a small amount of money per month out of my pocket to keep the website active for this project. It will see the light of day....... and very soon. -

Counter Strike -

Rainbox Six 3: Raven Shield -

Soldier of Fortune 2 -

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 (this one doesnt have as many people online but with some luck we can start to draw attention to this game alot more. It's cheap and easy to find. Very easy to play and very kickass. $10 bucks will get u the full version. It's 7 years old and low end computers run it at high framerates and detail.) -

3 of the most hottest and popular first person shooters on the PC Gaming Market and Massive Online Multiplayer Status. Literally has thousands of players around the WORLD. Just waiting for a knock on their door from the local music scene here. The project will work like this........ -

We will develop 4 levels for these games. 1 for each game. I personally have the contacts and know how with these games to accomplish this project with surprising quality. -

We will design the levels as follows....... -

Juanita's on 13th and Main Street - Will become a level for Counter Strike -

Downtown Music & Records on Capitol Street - Will become a level for Raven Shield -

Vino's on 7th and Chester- Will become a level for Soldier of Fortune 2 -

Blank Generation on Main and 6th Street - Will become a level for Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 -

Each of these facilities will include a upper and lower level (lower level being the venue's main area's)
The upper levels will have 8 rooms per game level. In each game level we will feature 1 local band per room. So in hence 8 bands featured per level. Each room will consist of the band's logo. Website information {if the band doesn't have a website we will host a simple Site for the band with their information and 1 mp3 file for free) and a 30-45 second long streaming mp3 of a song of their choice. Edited to loop to where it plays out as if it was never edited to loop. While all this is going down in the game level. You are going to be shot at and harrased by the menacing AI holding hostages that u must rescue. Or you can just play regular deathmatch vs other players. And everyone can then have time to check out the level in detail and each band accordingly. As well as experience the atmosphere of 4 of the premier places to play in Downtown Little Rock. -

There you have it....... -

This project will take some time to get completed. But once done and as each level is completed and distribution of each level begins. May the Local music scene get nationwide and eventually worldwide attention through these games and the custom levels made for the local scene here. -

May the Firefights from the safety of your own home commence......... -

Thank you for your time and attention to this very important project to the local scene. -

A very interesting twist will happen when we go to choose which bands will be included in this......(our band CoR3 is NOT included by default) fair is fair. Stay tuned for more details..... -

The general theme for each venue's level is as follows..... -

Downtown Music - 8 Metal Band’s -

Vino's - 8 Rock Band’s -

Juanita's - Mix of 8 Band's -

Blank Generation - 8 Punk Band's –

www.ProjectLittleRockMusic2004.com – Coming Soon

www.CoR3.net - Band I Play Drum's In

Sincerly - NaiLz

Copyright©ProjectLittleRockMusic-2004

[fixed tags - no html here]

------------------
[http://www.cor3.net/cor3_avatar.JPG]
CoR3 Main Website

RateSumMusic.com

HxCMp3.com

[This message has been edited by Sine Nomen (edited August 19, 2004).]
2004-08-19, 3:47 PM #2
thanks man for unlocking this. its just a call to the editors to help out with this. this is a awesome project. already building fast support. along with possible radio and other advertisement in the near future.

------------------
[http://www.cor3.net/cor3_avatar.JPG]
CoR3 Main Website

RateSumMusic.com

HxCMp3.com
2004-08-19, 3:52 PM #3
I reccomend removing the sig pic.

------------------
Change is never a choice. You change, and you are who you have become. And there's not a damned thing you can do about it.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-19, 3:56 PM #4
Good luck finding anyone who will do this willingly for you.

Now, finding someone with good editing skills.. for that, you'll need a miracle.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-19, 4:01 PM #5
Now all we have to do is sticky it! Heh.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-19, 4:33 PM #6
How many threads must you have? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

I can't edit JK, so sorry.

------------------
"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo
2004-08-19, 5:44 PM #7
Sounds... interesting. Good luck, seriously.

------------------
A little less conversation, a little more action
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-08-19, 6:44 PM #8
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*breath*

WAHAHAHAHahahahahahaha uh, oh god.

*breath*

TAHAHAHA OH JESUS HAHAHAHAHAHA

*last breath*

Wee. Oh, thanks. Thank you so much. That felt great.

You want someone to make you 4 levels, 1 for 4 completelly different game engines, each houseing 8 sound waves from a bunch of noname bands from YOUR home town, probably people NO ONE will ever hear outside of your home town. On top of all this, you think people are going to be so interested in playing these levels!? Especially when you've got 1 genre of music per each engine!? And you honestly think this will bring people back to JK!? Oh, that is one of the greatest laughs I've had in a long while.

Good luck.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-19, 7:03 PM #9
Good luck [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
The Devious Server
2004-08-20, 2:00 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
You want someone to make you 4 levels, 1 for 4 completelly different game engines, each houseing 8 sound waves from a bunch of noname bands from YOUR home town, probably people NO ONE will ever hear outside of your home town. On top of all this, you think people are going to be so interested in playing these levels!? Especially when you've got 1 genre of music per each engine!? And you honestly think this will bring people back to JK!? Oh, that is one of the greatest laughs I've had in a long while.</font>
Quoted for ninja-based truth.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-20, 3:14 AM #11
This would not revive JK's popularity, and you are wildy misguided for believing contrary.

And quite frankly, JK does not need to be jumpstarted again. It's done enough already, and we're all full to the brim with fond memories.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.dreamtheater.net/disco_dreamtheater.php?s=sfam" TARGET=_blank> "Our deeds have traveled far,
What we have been is what we are."</A>
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-08-20, 4:05 AM #12
Let me get this straight. You're asking some editor to spent time making a level to promote your music? Why don't you and your group learn how to edit and shape the levels in the way you like it?

And I don't think making levels is going to bring popularity to your music due to the fact people download levels for gameplay. If I want music, I download music files. Find another medium prehaps.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-20, 4:20 AM #13
Agreed. Good luck though.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-20, 4:58 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Echoman:
Let me get this straight. You're asking some editor to spent time making a level to promote your music? Why don't you and your group learn how to edit and shape the levels in the way you like it?
</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">A very interesting twist will happen when we go to choose which bands will be included in this......(our band CoR3 is NOT included by default)</font>

*ahem*

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"Sam and Max Hit the Road-sign. The one saying 'Stop'."
2004-08-20, 5:38 AM #15
hehe

just wait and watch..

------------------
CoR3 Main Website

RateSumMusic.com

HxCMp3.com
2004-08-20, 5:51 AM #16
We are.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-20, 7:44 AM #17
Hmmm, I like punk rock and I like editing... too bad I'm done editing JK. Really, JK is way too old. I like how Acharjay put it... we're filled up to the brim with happy memories.

Also, does your band play hardcore?

------------------
l Space Colony Inc. l Phoenix Suburban City l Dereliction l Camp Marshall l

[This message has been edited by Whelly (edited August 20, 2004).]
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2004-08-20, 7:57 AM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ProjectLittleRockMusic:
hehe

just wait and watch..

</font>

Wow. I wish I could have that blind empowerment when I listened to local bands.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-20, 10:09 AM #19
I am still wondering on how he expects to get a 30-45 second streaming mp3 into Jedi Knight, considering it doesn't support MP3s, much less high quality wavs. And streaming is out of the question.

And that's besides the whole copyright issues.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-08-20, 10:18 AM #20
admin sticky plz

------------------
Capitalization
Commas
Periods
Question Marks
Apostrophes
Confusable Words
Plague Words
Capitalization
Commas
Periods
Question Marks
Apostrophes
Confusable Words
Plague Words
2004-08-20, 11:08 AM #21
No offense, but when local bands want to be known, they frequent local venues, play, and earn people's respect... that's how I heard it works anyway, but sure, what do I know?

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets

↑ Up to the top!