Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Keyboard lock program?
Keyboard lock program?
2004-08-20, 12:59 PM #1
Is there a program to temporarily lock the keys on the keyboard, thus ignoring any keystrokes? I don't want a system lock down, just something akin to the "hold" button on portable mp3 players.
The reason is that I've got an A3 sketch book that I want to use while at the computer, but there is not enough space on the desk, so I thought I'd put it over the keyboard.

------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas Adams
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2004-08-20, 1:01 PM #2
You could attempt to wire an old-fashioned keyboard lock into your system. =P I still have one of those sitting around here somewhere, lol.
2004-08-20, 1:01 PM #3
Generally, if you turn your computer off, the keyboard will stop responding.

However, that isn't very useful. So, I'm afraid I can't help you.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-08-20, 1:03 PM #4
I remember those.

Unplug it. If it's USB.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-20, 1:06 PM #5
PS/2 unfortunatley [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

And there is not enough space or cord length to move the keyboard about, unfortunatley, or I wouldn't be asking this.

*tries to put it on top of the display*

It keeps falling down [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas Adams
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2004-08-20, 1:18 PM #6
Could you rotate the keyboard so it leans vertically longways against the monitor, shelf, etc?

------------------
nytfyre m0d || f33l t3h p0w3r || t3h l0st c0gz || OMF > *

[This message has been edited by Darth Slaw (edited August 20, 2004).]
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-08-20, 1:30 PM #7
Well if you're using a fairly modern OS (like anything Win2k or more recent), unplugging the PS/2 keyboard shouldn't cause anything to crash, and it should work fine without a reboot after plugging it back in.

↑ Up to the top!