Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Again with the crappiness
Again with the crappiness
2004-08-20, 4:06 AM #1
Alright, now after waiting about a month for my video card to come in (25 days to be exact), it turns out the ATi X800XT PE has been...cancelled. Now it's just the X800XT.

Now seeing as how the X800 XT was my first choice, and because it was only 460, I've decided to say screw it there. I'm going to call up Best Buy and see if they have the 6800 GT in (A BFG 6800 GT OC for 399 I believe), and if they do, I'll get it. If not, it's going to be a long night trying to find a video card for around or under 450 that can match, or hell even begin to match, the X800.

Opinions? Comments? Pie?

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-20, 4:31 AM #2
They named a card a "big ****ing gun?"

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-20, 4:33 AM #3
Wow. First double-topic I've seen in... ever!

And go fer it, because I have no real advice to give you.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-20, 4:59 AM #4
dell has teh x800 pro for 359... which is a pretty good price. What advantage will the XT over the Pro and will any game even use all the capabilities that is out right now? I am building a computer and was considering the x800pro but the 9800pro is like under 200 now and the newre 9800pro's are simply underclocked 9800xt's which you can flash and overclock and it will literally be a 9800xt... I want to run HL2 full settings, what vid card should i get

------------------
-if you don't know, then don't ask...
2004-08-20, 12:27 PM #5
X800 XT. The Pro has 4 less pipelines. Also not all 9800 pro's will become XTs, and XTs really don't have that much of an edge over the pro line. The X800 Pro, all things considered, is a bad card for the price. The 6800 GT is the same price most places, and gives much better performance.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-20, 2:26 PM #6
You did not hear this from me...

But the X800XT PE has NOT been canceled, but it might as well have been. I cannot say why, but suffice it to say these cards are coming out few and far between, and that demand for them has been so F***ing un-believably high that you will basically have to part with a major organ just to see one.

But then again, I did not just say that...

------------------
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2004-08-20, 5:52 PM #7
I see. Damn. Oh well, going to pick up my 6800GT at Best Buy tomorrow with all luck.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!