Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hah, cool
Hah, cool
2004-08-19, 1:33 PM #1
I got a friend who's sister's friend trains with Carly Patterson, that U.S. Olympist over in Athens now. She only lives a 10-15 minutes from here, too. Maybe my friend's sister's friend could hook us up [http://forums.massassi.net/html/cool.gif]

Oh, uh, post famous people that you're connected to, or something.

[here, not herre. that was not intentional.

>.> ]

[This message has been edited by Omicron88 (edited August 19, 2004).]
2004-08-19, 1:37 PM #2
No bugger here''l know him (actually, those from Ozland might), but my family and I are very good friends with Tawera Nikau (Rugby League player) - he'll be getting his arse back to York for when my sister gets married next August.

He used to play for York (mum was club secretary, dad did the electronic scoreboard and I was the mascot), then Castleford, then Cronulla, then Melbourne Storm when they won the NRL. He also played for Sheffield before we knew him.

But like I say, hardly anyone here will have a clue... hope some do though...!

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-19, 1:38 PM #3
Kevin Bacon is my mother's friend's neice's roommate's pen-pal's uncle's dentist's secretary's favourite actor.

Oh yah, I also know Chris Hadfield (Canadian astronaut). He's a cool guy.

------------------
Four dimensions, four fundamental forces... coincidence?
Stuff
2004-08-19, 2:13 PM #4
Me. Some day people will pay to see you just because you frequented a forum that I posted on.
2004-08-19, 2:26 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Me. Some day people will pay to see you just because you frequented a forum that I posted on. </font>
Don't be too modest, now.
2004-08-19, 2:29 PM #6
One of my cousins is a news anchor, and one of my anscestors founded one of the first cities in north america. That's about it.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-19, 2:33 PM #7
I don't know any famous people personally, but my father used to fix Bob Monkhouse's lawn mower. (He's a british comedian, I don't expect anyone outside the UK will have heard of him).

------------------
╔═════════════╦══════════════════╗
║ TheJkWhoSaysNi║ -----@% (Snail racing. ) .║
╠═════════════╩══════════════════╣
║Warning: This post may contain traces of nut║
╚════════════════════════════════╝
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-08-19, 2:33 PM #8
Well, if that counts, then my family founded Hyde Park, New York (near Poughkeepsie) and it was orignally called "Stoutenburgh" (my last name) but was changed to Hyde Park sometime in the late 1800's.
2004-08-19, 2:46 PM #9
I know Ashley Olsen.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-19, 2:51 PM #10
I've met Willie Hung!!!!

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-19, 2:58 PM #11
I am not friends with, but very casually know someone who works at valve. And that's the closest I will ever get to a famous person, i'm sure. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-19, 3:00 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
I know Ashley Olsen.

</font>

I'm sorry. Do you want your death to be quick and painless, or long and painful?

------------------
[16:38] Correction: dick tracy was a real man
[16:38] happydud: Actually... He wasn't. :D
[19:08] Dormouse: hi, my name's happydud and i'm passive-aggress.. SHUTUP!! *stabs nearby orphan*
[You have gained 3 Dark Side Points]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-08-19, 4:36 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by happydud:
I'm sorry. Do you want your death to be quick and painless, or long and painful?

</font>

Why, the latter of course. You know you'd have more fun doing that, so why ask? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

My aunt met Hilary Clinton and shook her hand.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-08-19, 5:32 PM #14
My best friend's dad is Peter Brock, who most Australians will probably know.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-19, 6:50 PM #15
Franz Schubert is one of my direct ancestors.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-08-19, 6:56 PM #16
I shook John Edwards' hand at a rally before the primaries.

I'm five degrees of separation from Hitler.

No, I these are not related so shut up.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-08-19, 7:06 PM #17
Arnald Swartzinegger (SP?) and I have the same birthday. July 6th.

I save'd Jesus' life back in nam. At least, that's what he called himself.

Marlin Brando is like my uncle by marriage. My aunt married his brother, or something like that.

And lastly, we think we might be directly related to kid rock (And no, just because I saw his concert tonight, I'm not just saying this :-P) because his last name, home city (Not detroit, the one just n/e/s/w of it) and mother's name are the exact same of my grandpa's half-brother, and my grandpa slightly remembers 2 boys comming over to his house a lot, and is pretty sure one of them was Jimmy.

JediKirby

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-19, 7:08 PM #18
I met a few newscasters.
some baseball players play golf at the country club.
meh. im just too lazy to name all of them that I know [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-08-19, 7:10 PM #19
I dream about William Shatner every night. Does that count?

------------------
A little less conversation, a little more action
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-08-19, 7:24 PM #20
Robin Williams (Outside a resturant in New Hampshire)
Bill Cosby (Atleast twice at a free comedy concert he used to do each year in R.I.)
Mike Myers (At a mall in vermont)
Lewis Black (On "The Rules of Enragement" Tour in Providence R.I.)

One of my ancestors patented cooking-yeast (Did I say that right?) then later sold the patent to Fleishmans.

My great x 9 grandfather was one of the first French 'Acadians' to come to North America.

My cousin is the author of the 5 'Acadian Awakenings' books.

My best friend has an uncle in the Boston Pops who I've met.

The Farrley Brothers who come from Cumberland RI used my Electronics teacher as an extra in 'There's Something About Mary'. Also my friend's entire family is friends with them so they get tickets to all the premiers.

My friends Uncle is a director.

The resturant I used to work at was about 100 yards from Bryant College (The former Patriots summer training camp thing). So The Patriots used to come in all the time and I got to meet them. (No big deal, I'm a Packers fan anyway [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif])

That's about all I can think of.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º< ) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º< )

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited August 19, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-19, 7:33 PM #21
Oh, and I have Kurby Pucket's phone number, and he and I used to be really close. I haven't talked to him in a few years, but he'd know me by name if he ever heard it again. (Someone please tell me he's not dead, I'm afraid I can't remember)

I accidently sat next to him on either a bus, a train, or a plane when I was really little, and I guess I told him a bunch of jokes (I don't remember any of this) and he ended up signing a ball (Which I still have and is worth like 1000 or something) as well as gave me his adress. I mailed him, and he (And the other team members) sent me a CRAPLOAD of stuff, including a completelly autographed ball with all of the 199something Twins Baseball players on it. That, I haven't even had appraised. I've also got an amazingly large baseball collection, with all of the same year's twins real signatures on their specific card. I also have the same type of thing in viking's cards for 2000. I know some guy from that team too, but yeah. Kurby would call me on my birthday, and vise versa. Great man, sort of like the grandfather figure I never really had. Called me the same week his eyes went out, and we talked for a while. Really, an amazing man.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-19, 7:34 PM #22
The closest I have come to fame and/or power was this last weekend I met Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes, and Billy West(voice of Fry(from Futurama) the red M&M and Ren and Stimpy).

Sadly I know no one else in a posistion of power or fame. And I don't even think that these should count, cuase I was waiting in lines to get them to autograph things.

------------------
"I like my women how I like my coffee, in a plastic cup." - Eddie Izzard
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2004-08-20, 3:13 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kyle90:
Kevin Bacon is my mother's friend's neice's roommate's pen-pal's uncle's dentist's secretary's favourite actor.

Oh yah, I also know Chris Hadfield (Canadian astronaut). He's a cool guy.

</font>

Canada has a space program?

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-20, 5:42 AM #24
My sister's best friend trained the 15 year old American gymnist girl who got the Gold Medal last night.

------------------
Maker of the Levels:
Sand Trap
Sand Trap (Night)

Writer/Author of the fanfic: Dragonball Aftershock

_.~'AKA DBF_SuperSaiyan'~._
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2004-08-20, 5:45 AM #25
My mates older brother used to beat up Heath Ledger in primary school ehehe
2004-08-20, 5:59 AM #26
My mams best friend is paul andersons godmother.

i don't take requests to kill him or steal milla, so keep your mouth shut.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-20, 6:35 AM #27
My dad's art teacher used to play secondarry bad guy roles in the 70's and 80's. He was the leader of the cowboy band in Blues Bros. Ok, mabye that wasn't so great.
2004-08-20, 7:02 AM #28
The grandfather of my art teacher at my old school played Clark Kent's father in the TV show Lois and Clark.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-08-20, 12:10 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:

</font>

Oh crap, it was supposed to stay secret until we launched the nukes!

------------------
Four dimensions, four fundamental forces... coincidence?
Stuff
2004-08-20, 12:22 PM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:

</font>

Yoshi wins.

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-08-20, 12:27 PM #31
I once saw Tony Iomi (of Black Sabbath fame) in Manhattan.

A guy I worked with is related to the guy who played "Cyril O'Rielly" on OZ.

And my obscure historical connections:

I'm distantly related to Alexander Hamilton, and directly descend from Bhloscaidh O'Cathain (anglicised being Bloskey O'Kane), slayer of Murtagh O'Loughlin - heir to the throne of Ireland in 1196.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-08-20, 1:59 PM #32
true story, my friend's grandfather beat up Hitler in high school. after he came into power, Hitler had 3 men killed with the same name as him [her grandfather]. it's in books.

------------------
Men and their wars!... I think that men raise flags when they can't get anything else up!
~from Pippin
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2004-08-20, 2:07 PM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
I dream about William Shatner every night. Does that count?

</font>

<3

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-20, 2:26 PM #34
Andrew W.K. is my cousin. Saw him a couple months ago. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-20, 3:44 PM #35
I met marc maclinden(sp?) last year before he became one of the most well know players in the canberra raiders rugy team.

------------------
Bill What if these anti-violent-video game people were all killed by a fat italian plumber in a red hat jumping on them repeatedly. Wouldn't that be poetic justice in its purist form?
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)--@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-08-20, 4:07 PM #36
oh, and a suburb in sydney used to be the same as my last name.

------------------
Bill What if these anti-violent-video game people were all killed by a fat italian plumber in a red hat jumping on them repeatedly. Wouldn't that be poetic justice in its purist form?
2004-08-20, 4:10 PM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
I shook John Edwards' hand at a rally before the primaries.

I'm five degrees of separation from Hitler.

No, I these are not related so shut up.
</font>

hah! I'm only two degrees of seperation from hitler.

One of the teachers at my school saw him twice (either twice or thrice).

------------------
2004-08-20, 6:28 PM #38
My high school English teacher taught Kevin Bacon while he was in Gimli, Manitoba, with his dad. He showed us the yearbook and everything. Kevin Bacon's nickname in high school was "Spud". Heehee.

------------------
Krig have signature.
Krig smash.
So sayest the Writer of Silly Things!
2004-08-21, 2:16 AM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Omicron88:
I got a friend who's sister's friend trains with Carly Patterson, that U.S. Olympist over in Athens now. She only lives a 10-15 minutes from here, too. Maybe my friend's sister's friend could hook us up [http://forums.massassi.net/html/cool.gif]

</font>

Heh I had a dream about her being at my bus stop near my 6th form....
Weird

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle
2004-08-21, 2:45 AM #40
My dad buried Bill Nye the Science Guy's brother....

↑ Up to the top!