Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I've got a huge problem.
I've got a huge problem.
2004-08-20, 3:52 PM #1
Tomorrow is move in day at my school. Meaning I take my belongings, travel 150 miles, and live somewhere else for a semester. This does not bother me in the least. I love my school. I love the people at my school. And I'm not really fond of the area I grew up in. The problem is this. My father works swing shift. He is a coal miner. He hates his job. He is on midnight shift this week, and he gets off of work at about 9 am tomorrow morning. Which is about an hour after we had originally wanted to leave. I currently do not know if he is going or not. I don't want him to go for the following reasons:

1. He is one of those hard-to-please types. Anything I do is completely wrong, because it's not the same way he would have done it. So the entire move in process would consist of him condemning me and every personality trait I have for being such an idiot all the time. Note that I managed to survive for 9 months in Columbus last year without his help, but I know this is what will happen. Because he's always right, and to him, I'm a dumbass.

2. He doesn't get home until over and hour after when we want to leave. Meaning I won't get to the school until at least an hour after I want to. This becomes a problem when I'm living in the basement, and you must take stairs to get to the basement. And when arriving an hour or two late would put me on the campus at the same time as nearly every other incoming student, you can see where having to navigate all of these people would be a pain in the *** . So I want to get there early, and if he goes, that won't happen.

And 3, Why does he have to go now? I don't get this at all. He never wanted to come visit me last year at all? He just got done telling me yesterday that he thinks my plans for life are a joke, and that there's no way I'll succeed. The guy gives me no credit whatsoever, and tells me all the time how I'm irresponsible. I got extra money on a student loan so that I could buy my own food and school supplies, and if he goes with me he'll be telling me a bunch of nonsense all day about how he wants control over MY money because he co-signed. Well listen, Jack, the only way you have to pay that money is if I die, or get NO job whatsoever. And if I die, we've got bigger problems. I don't want him to have control over my money because I know he'll waste it on useless crap and I'll check my bank account one day and find $600 missing. Which will send me nosediving into a dimension of pissed off that God doesn't even comprehend.

All in all, this is the day I have been waiting for ever since I moved OUT 3 months ago, and it looks like it's going to be ruined. I'm going to go up there, arrive late, get chewed out by my dad all day, and have him set me up for financial ruin by slapping his name on my bank account so he can buy Copenhagan and beer with it when he needs money, which will automatically give me a stress headache and a panic attack, which I will combat by doing some serious drinking later on, and will cause me to probably be sick the next day and have a horrble weekend.

Cheers to the weekend, fellas. Maybe you can have a good one for me.

------------------
Change is never a choice. You change, and you are who you have become. And there's not a damned thing you can do about it.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-20, 4:00 PM #2
Wow. Does your father have any expectations for your adult life? Like getting a good job?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-20, 4:26 PM #3
Sounds like you're Pissed.

Why don't you just leave when you want? What's he going to do, tell you to go to your room?

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.

[This message has been edited by jEDIkIRBY (edited August 20, 2004).]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-20, 4:35 PM #4
If you can move on your own, as in you don't need him to drive you or anything, just go.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-20, 5:45 PM #5
Sounds crappy, but just remember, he loves you. Trust me, it's hard to remember, I know it is with my dad. Nothing I do is ever good enough, and he persecutes me ENDLESSLY for it. He works me harder than anyone else, though he's seriously let up lately. I'm talking WORKS me. After school, on the weekends--last year I had no time to do ANYTHING I wanted.

But yeah, just keep this in mind, maybe even tell him that, and that you'll miss him, even if you won't. It'll make him feel better.

Good luck at Uni.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-21, 4:40 AM #6
His money man... Get your self a job and pay for collage like that. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
2004-08-21, 6:22 AM #7
Do you realize how much college costs? It's not like a job at dairy queen is going to pay for college. You sort of need a college degree, or a history with a company to make enough to pay for college. It's not like you can just get up and pay for college.

Oh, and it ISN'T his money. He co-signed for a student loan. That means, he's only putting his credit on the line, instead of his sons. That does NOT make it his money, just his responsability.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-21, 6:26 AM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
His money man... Get your self a job and pay for collage like that. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]</font>

No it's not. He co-signed, so that in the event Bill gets no job, or dies, then he has to take up payments. Otherwise...

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!