Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → avp sucked.
avp sucked.
2004-08-20, 9:58 AM #1
yeah. that's right.
sorry for the linkage.

------------------
Pissed off?
2004-08-20, 10:09 AM #2
There were definitely some things aboutthe movie that annoyed me, however, I have some hope for the directrs cut, because Fox cut the **** out of the movie and really pissed of the director. Even still, the movie couldhave been so much more.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-20, 10:22 AM #3
The movie wasn't based off of the video games. There was a (couple) comic series, a book series, a toy line, and a trading card series before the game was made. The first rumors of an AvP movie started back in 1990 with the trophy scene in Predator 2 (Alien skull on the wall), but the comic series had started way before then.

As for the movie itself, I have my complaints, but it kept me entertained. The director's cut will be better, but I liked the movie regardless. It mirrored Alien(s)(3)(resurrection) a lot in a couple of scenes, which was a very nice touch (Weyland playing with his pen made me giggle like a little girl.)

But yeah. I liked it. Could have been better, but it wasn't. oh well.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-08-20, 10:31 AM #4
There wasn't enough fighting, the Predators got bitfched by the a handful of aliens. I mean the marines in Aliens were facing hoards of the bastards and they managed to kill quite a few of them. The predators, being the superb hunters that they are whould have been able to kill a dozen aliens without trouble.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-08-20, 10:44 AM #5
Meh, guess I wont waste 8$ on it... Just wait for the DVD.

------------------
ZGPC
2004-08-20, 11:00 AM #6
I had a dream about aliens and predators. I was in a "game" where I and several other people had to wound/kill either aliens or predators for points. It was in the middle of this store (like Wal-Mart), the aliens and preds just walked around the other people. They never reacted until you were a threat (like the Borg).

Well I ended up wounding one alien in the neck with a predator wrist blade, it lived though and I ran. I then attacked another alien the same way, but it spazzed and I didn't even hit it, then I had to out-run it.

Around the end of the dream I was hunting a predator, but it saw me coming long before the aliens ever did. I ducked down behind a counter in a room. When it entered the room I ran up to it and grabbed a fold-out staff it was holding. I ran into the hallway and unfold the staff, then I ran back in and tried to impale the Pred in the back. The staff ended up not even making a dent, then he lifted up something towards me and it made my head explode.

Is it still worth the price to see the movie after that experiance?

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-08-20, 12:40 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
The movie wasn't based off of the video games. There was a (couple) comic series, a book series, a toy line, and a trading card series before the game was made. The first rumors of an AvP movie started back in 1990 with the trophy scene in Predator 2 (Alien skull on the wall), but the comic series had started way before then.

As for the movie itself, I have my complaints, but it kept me entertained. The director's cut will be better, but I liked the movie regardless. It mirrored Alien(s)(3)(resurrection) a lot in a couple of scenes, which was a very nice touch (Weyland playing with his pen made me giggle like a little girl.)

But yeah. I liked it. Could have been better, but it wasn't. oh well.

</font>

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-20, 12:42 PM #8
It wasn't a good movie... now there's a shock. Graphics before thought does not a good movie make.

------------------
"A drug person can learn to handle such things as seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to deal with this trip."
-Raoul Duke, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
2004-08-20, 2:35 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
There wasn't enough fighting, the Predators got bitfched by the a handful of aliens. I mean the marines in Aliens were facing hoards of the bastards and they managed to kill quite a few of them. The predators, being the superb hunters that they are whould have been able to kill a dozen aliens without trouble.

</font>

I think those predators were trainee level. This was their first real hunt.

*****SPOILERS******
Support:
1. At the end, you saw all of those predators decloak, and it was a hellalotta predators. I think this was the crew for that ship, and they were watching the perfomance of the crew.
2. If you saw the one predator when he took his hat (facemask) off, he didn't have any other skinburn trophies, it was his first one.

------------------
[16:38] Correction: dick tracy was a real man
[16:38] happydud: Actually... He wasn't. :D
[19:08] Dormouse: hi, my name's happydud and i'm passive-aggress.. SHUTUP!! *stabs nearby orphan*
[You have gained 3 Dark Side Points]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-08-20, 2:43 PM #10
The movie started sucking once they described the whole idea behind the temples and whatever.

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-08-20, 6:09 PM #11
The plot was stupid as hell.

But the bottom line was the fight scenes were awesome, just super cool action. I was entertained. That's all that matters.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-20, 7:50 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
The plot was stupid as hell.

But the bottom line was the fight scenes were awesome, just super cool action. I was entertained. That's all that matters.

</font>

Eh. I don't see how it was stupid, really. It made perfect sense to me.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-08-20, 7:59 PM #13
The plot was good. They just executed it very, very badly. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-08-20, 8:03 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FeTT:
The plot was good. They just executed it very, very badly. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

</font>

AGREED. TEEHEE.

But if it was cut as much as I'm told it was, hopefully the Director's cut (assuming there is one) will be like... better. and stuff.

*picks nose*

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-08-20, 8:03 PM #15
Oh, hello CoW. Good fella. How are you this FINE EVENING?

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-08-20, 8:04 PM #16
I LIVE IN A GIANT BUCKET.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-08-21, 7:33 AM #17
The plot was bad because it completely kills the continuity of the first Alien movie.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-08-21, 8:14 AM #18
... How does it kill the continuity at all?

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-08-21, 8:18 AM #19
Because the Aliens were never befoe encountered.

------------------
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-08-21, 8:22 AM #20
Well does anything get documented? Cause if it doesn't, it could be the records are lost. This storyline takes place in current time like the previous Predator movies, right?

------------------
2004-08-21, 8:25 AM #21
Like my friends said--they were encountered by one lady. Now she's all alone, in the Antartic, with a halter top on, and a ship no one's crewing. Who the hell's gonna believe her, if she lives?

------------------
There is no signature

[This message has been edited by Dj Yoshi (edited August 21, 2004).]
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!