Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Some of you might know me, some might not, and only one have I met in person...
Some of you might know me, some might not, and only one have I met in person...
2004-08-21, 2:12 PM #1
Hi!
I'm a nice fan of Oldskool stuff. Well, some of them. I'm a greate fan of Oldskool MODs. No, not MODifications for games but Tracked MODules. Now, there is this fade effect I find facinating and I want a program that can do it.
Description of the fade effect:
Let's say, you have a picture with 256 colors (an example cause of palette example) and you wish to make an animation where you fade it. Now, a normal fade would take each color and decrease the values by a certain procent. Lets say brightest color is 230 and darkest is 10. Now, fading by 10% would reduce the brightest to 207, 186.3, 167.67, etc. and the darkest to 9, 8.1, 7.29, etc. Now, what I'm interested in is that it fades by a whole value! I choose a level like 1, and it will fade the britest to 229, 228, 227, etc. and the darkest to 9, 8, 7, etc.
Anyone who has (had) an ATARI Falcon and played Willie's Adventures should know the fade effect I'm talking about (only example I can think of).

Anyway, any program that can do this with any color depth?

/Edward

------------------
Axis - JK warped my mind and JED split it.

Milly Thompson - Um, actually... ...it's muffin!

Edward - Home is where you hang your computer...
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-08-21, 2:58 PM #2
I understand what you're talking about, but don't know of any programs.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.dreamtheater.net/disco_dreamtheater.php?s=sfam" TARGET=_blank> "Our deeds have traveled far,
What we have been is what we are."</A>
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz

↑ Up to the top!