Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Download the TV programmes you missed!
Download the TV programmes you missed!
2004-08-21, 8:44 AM #1
Hooray!

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004May/gee20040504024986.htm

The BBC is starting a new service where people can download TV programmes they've missed.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
If we don't enter this market, then exactly what happened to the music industry could happen to us, where we ignore it, keep our heads in the sand and everybody starts posting the content up there and ripping us off.
</font>

Excellent stuff, I hope this sort of approach is taken on by more people.

Think of all those reels that are just rotting away in warehouses..
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-08-21, 8:58 AM #2
Yeah, I saw this a while ago.

I doubt they'll release everything onto the web. I'd love to download red dwarf but they're releasing them on DVD series by series.

------------------
╔═════════════╦══════════════════╗
║ TheJkWhoSaysNi║ -----@% (Snail racing. ) .║
╠═════════════╩══════════════════╣
║Warning: This post may contain traces of nut║
╚════════════════════════════════╝
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-08-21, 9:00 AM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
I'd love to download red dwarf but they're releasing them on DVD series by series.

</font>

But they're sooo expensive!

/Me wants them too!

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-21, 9:14 AM #4
They're releasing Have I Got News For You, apparently.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-08-21, 10:14 AM #5
The BBC are releasing a load of old stuff on DVD now. It's a Britcom nerd's heaven, so long as the pockets are deep enough.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-21, 3:51 PM #6
i have the entire series of Red Dworf on my computer... any one care for an episode?

actully i wont e-mail them to you.

but you can find them on line if you look hard enugh.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are falling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP, as it becomes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of the staff.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-08-21, 3:55 PM #7
I makes sense to me. That's whay the technology is taking it.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!