Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Qui-Gon Jinn's wife dies in skiing accident
Qui-Gon Jinn's wife dies in skiing accident
2009-03-18, 7:54 PM #1
CNN blurb

ForxNews blurb
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-03-18, 8:21 PM #2
Does this mean he's back on the market?
2009-03-18, 8:24 PM #3
I saw her in the Parent Trap remake in 1998, and thought she was totally hot.

See pics of her on the news sites, I was like "That's her? Are you sure?"
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-03-18, 9:07 PM #4
Did I miss it or did they not say the cause?
2009-03-18, 9:12 PM #5
skiing accident
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-03-18, 9:18 PM #6
More specifically, brain injury. My first thought was a bleed, and that seems to be in line with others' speculations. Those can be hard to detect immediately after an accident.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-03-18, 9:34 PM #7
yeah probably. last year my friend was in a bumper to bumper car accident. she went to the hospital doing what she was told to and 2 hours later she was dead. they still never told her parents what exactly happened. she was only 24 so i dunno... im thinking it was something with the brain, or the hospital made a mistake with her.
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-03-18, 9:40 PM #8
Seems like such a small fall or tumble. May have been some undetected underlying cause just waiting for a slight jolt to trigger an aneurism or something I'd guess.
(of course I'm only guessing, no medical training or anything)

Very sad though. :(
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2009-03-18, 10:02 PM #9
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
More specifically, brain injury. My first thought was a bleed, and that seems to be in line with others' speculations. Those can be hard to detect immediately after an accident.

Thanks. One of the articles actually says the cause wasn't identified, maybe it's been updated though.

My mom fell once while skiing and hit her head on one of the snow machinse, needed stitches.

I also have an uncle who fell on a bunny hill and broke his leg in three places. Must have snapped like a twig.
2009-03-18, 10:02 PM #10
well it seems like a small fall because she was learning and on a beginners slope still
2009-03-18, 10:19 PM #11
Yeah, that's why I was curious about the actual cause.
2009-03-18, 11:00 PM #12
I heard on the late news last night that she developed headaches about an hour after the accident, was taken to hopsital and was later "feared brain-dead." They didn't give any other details.
2009-03-19, 4:40 AM #13
:(
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2009-03-19, 7:14 AM #14
Aye I heard on the radio earlier that some doctors reckon she might have had a blood clot or something of the likes before the accident.

:(
nope.
2009-03-19, 8:03 AM #15
Originally posted by Chewbubba:

I think she looks pretty in those pictures...
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2009-03-19, 9:04 AM #16
Its very sad. Not only is Liam Neeson one of my favorite actors, the whole situation is very sad. It is horrible to see a loved one go so fast, so unexpected. It must be so difficult to get through such loss.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-03-19, 9:50 AM #17
Do we know if she was wearing a helmet or not?
2009-03-19, 9:56 AM #18
She was not.
2009-03-19, 10:06 AM #19
:( I know several people personally that have had similar accidents on the slopes. Sucks. Condolences to the family and let this be a reminder to us to wear our helmets..I never go up without mine because of that.
2009-03-19, 3:25 PM #20
:( Condolences to Neeson and his boys.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-03-19, 10:32 PM #21
Autopsy confirms the death was caused by bleeding into the skull. No pre-existing condition, this just happens sometimes with blows to the head and is notoriously difficult to recognize right away.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-03-19, 11:12 PM #22
Damn thats scary... a small bump can kill you.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2009-03-20, 8:30 AM #23
I'd hardly call that a small bump.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-03-20, 8:35 AM #24
:( i head about this a couple days ago. very sad.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-03-20, 9:50 AM #25
Quote:

She was looking pretty good in Asylum.. but now thats just creepy to think about.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-03-20, 1:20 PM #26
This was shocking to me.

Not only because she died, but the night before she died, I had a dream of Liam. It was a pretty unhappy dream too, if I recall correctly.

Next thing you know, I find out his wife died a few hours after I woke up. Great.

My thoughts and prayers go to Liam and his family.

Too bad he won't be reading these. >.<
2009-03-20, 3:34 PM #27
Liam has a particular set of skills that will let him talk to those who have passed on.
2009-03-20, 3:38 PM #28
Originally posted by Cloud:
Liam has a particular set of skills that will let him talk to those who have passed on.

I laughed. :(
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2009-03-20, 3:59 PM #29
Quote:
Too bad he won't be reading these. >.<
He's an actor. He's not your friend. He doesn't know you and he doesn't want to know you. There are millions of people who actually need your sympathy who you never even hear about. Stop pretending you care.
2009-03-20, 5:40 PM #30
Originally posted by gbk:
I laughed. :(

hahahah, me too.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-03-20, 6:19 PM #31
Originally posted by JM:
He's an actor. He's not your friend. He doesn't know you and he doesn't want to know you. There are millions of people who actually need your sympathy who you never even hear about. Stop pretending you care.

you never know. maybe hes actually a massassian :awesome:

↑ Up to the top!